RD 5, Pick 147: LB Vosean Joseph, University of Florida

18 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

Edmunds sure has enough power for hits like that. Joseph does it like it is part of his dna.

VJ hits like a Mack truck, gets through small spaces, doesn’t need to be in space to deliver a crushing hit. VJ is gonna be a good one imo.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

VJ hits like a Mack truck, gets through small spaces, doesn’t need to be in space to deliver a crushing hit. VJ is gonna be a good one imo.

Go Bills!!!

The Bills will hopefully be patient with Joseph. Start him on special teams until coaches are convinced he can complete bigger assignments. No doubt...the guy is a heavy hitter.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

He was my favorite pick of the draft(value wise) and I've seen nothing that's changed that initial reaction. There is a zero percent chance he doesn't get picked up if the goes to the PS. The main reason the guy lasted til the 5th round is that he doesn't really have a clear cut position. But he makes plays and has terrific instincts. I'd be shocked if he didn't make the 53.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

He was my favorite pick of the draft(value wise) and I've seen nothing that's changed that initial reaction. There is a zero percent chance he doesn't get picked up if the goes to the PS. The main reason the guy lasted til the 5th round is that he doesn't really have a clear cut position. But he makes plays and has terrific instincts. I'd be shocked if he didn't make the 53.

I hear you. There should be no conversation of him leaving. There are questions about his game awareness and discipline, but that's what NFL coaching is for. I just found out that some of his roaming and free lancing at Florida was actually encouraged by coaches. The guy is talented.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Rocket94 said:

I hear you. There should be no conversation of him leaving. There are questions about his game awareness and discipline, but that's what NFL coaching is for. I just found out that some of his roaming and free landing at Florida was actually encouraged by coaches. The guy is talented.

Yeah. One of the rubs coming into the league was less than ideal "instincts." I actually don't agree with that assessment. He may occasionally be out of position because he's trying to make a big play, but I'll take the trade off. I'm much more concerned about perfect positioning when it comes to a MLB. Just let this kid make plays. As solid as the defense is, what they've been short on are elite "playmakers." Guys able to change the game with one big play. I think we expect that from Oliver. It would be a huge score to have landed (another one) in the fifth.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yeah. One of the rubs coming into the league was less than ideal "instincts." I actually don't agree with that assessment. He may occasionally be out of position because he's trying to make a big play, but I'll take the trade off. I'm much more concerned about perfect positioning when it comes to a MLB. Just let this kid make plays. As solid as the defense is, what they've been short on are elite "playmakers." Guys able to change the game with one big play. I think we expect that from Oliver. It would be a huge score to have landed (another one) in the fifth.

That is exactly what I think of Joseph. He has side line to side line speed and he causes mayhem through out the game. I have been watching football long enough to know what I see. Like Oliver, he is tough and a playmaker. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

That was a great stick by Joseph.  The tackle for the Colts is going to get hi butt chewed out at film. Joseph shouldn’t of been anywhere near there. Like I said, great stick and filling the hole, he took advantage of a poor effort by the Colts lineman. 

That's one ofJoseph's trade marks. He has a suddeness about him.

2 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

The talent is there! He needs direction!

I agree with you on this, coach Mac will have already seen it, and the teaching has already started.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I agree with you on this, coach Mac will have already seen it, and the teaching has already started.

Go Bills!!!

Yeah...when they found him in the 5th round they may have been ecstatic. Joseph is the kind of player they can mold in their system.

1 minute ago, Rocket94 said:

Yeah...when they found him in the 5th round they may have been ecstatic. Joseph is the kind of player they can mold in their system.

Absolutely, 

Go Bills!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1