RD 5, Pick 147: LB Vosean Joseph, University of Florida

Loved this guy at Florida, he's a violent linebacker that controls it and plays within the rules. Could use another 10 pounds or so to get to that desired linebacker size while maintaining his speed. Only problem is his inconsistency, but that can be fixed.

18 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

Wow! 

POWER BOMB.    Courtesy of Captain Insano!

I really like this pick.   Kid has great range and crazy closing speed.    Zo's got one more year but this kid will get a LOT of snaps this year.    Joseph, Edmunds and Milano our LB speed and range have doubled.

This was a really solid pick. We have a stable of backup linebackers who all generally play near the L.O.S.; old school types.

They needed a developmental guy with the athleticism to drop into coverage. Depth was not good at LB.

17 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Lol yes I literally saw UF and was like oh Brandon Spikes

good of you to man up : )

This is the guy that can take down Brady. put him in a package  the first game we play NE,  with no tape on him Pats will be surprised how quick he shows up to the play lol.

and yes Coaching will fix most of his negatives

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Thank you (+1) 2

So I was out at lunch yesterday with my family, because my wife would not let me watch the draft all weekend long.  We we're in a restaurant and my son pointed out a player on the screen whose highlights were him absolutely laying guys out, hit after hit. I said please let that be our draft pick. Turns out it was. I hope he puts in the work and develops in to the type of player in the pros that he appears to have been in college.  

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

good of you to man up : )

This is the guy that can take down Brady. put him in a package  the first game we play NE,  with no tape on him Pats will be surprised how quick he shows up to the play lol.

and yes Coaching will fix most of his negatives

I think I’m in love if this is the case lol

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Gotta say, after learning more about these they all seem to be solid picks.  You question smallish LBs but played in the SEC, and led a super athletic defense in tackles.  This is McDermotts kind of LB.  

• Like (+1) 3

On 4/27/2019 at 7:39 PM, Buffalo30 said:

He'll be a great tailgater for us

Now when he does that to a guy, AND sends him through a burning table, I'll be impressed. Until then, McBeane ruined the draft! We are #doomed! Wasted pick! 

I kid... I kid... Joseph was ranked much higher than he was selected by a solid majority of the draft media (for whatever that's worth). From the little tape I've seen, he is very fast, plays violent, and just needs to hone his focus and aggression into more quality plays. He also needs to put on a few pounds of good weight, but with that new training facility, the opportunity will be his for the taking. I expect a bit of a learning curve, too, in terms of diagnosing plays, but a player like Joseph is the direction that NFL LB's are taking: smaller, faster, coverage-capable guys. Have him learn under Milano, and I feel like he can be a really productive piece of this D. 

Edited by ROCBillsBeliever
  • Like (+1) 1