RD 5, Pick 147: LB Vosean Joseph, University of Florida

7 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Good, needed a backup for Milano. We have Stanford to back-up Edmunds, but we still need a backup/future replacement for Zo. Only hole on team.

that and DE - Hughes is 31, Lawson on last year of contract, Murphy can't stay healthy

that is why I was down on D Singletary. Fergusen, a very talented and productive DE was there, and he is a high character guy

but I agree LB/ DE and S are/were needs

Edited by RocCityRoller

5 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Good, needed a backup for Milano. We have Stanford to back-up Edmunds, but we still need a backup/future replacement for Zo. Only hole on team.

I think he can be an eventual replacement for Zo also. If you watch him in his film, he looks pretty good at timing blitzes (which seems hard to teach) and has the speed to turn the corner. I love the pick

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

He's undersized, but he looks like he's got a real head for the game, has good coverage skills, and hits like an anvil - he looks like you could convert him to a strong safety if you wanted.  And he knows how to wrap up and complete a tackle.  He's small, so I expect in the pros when he wraps up a ball carrier he's going to get dragged a few yards with some frequency.  But I'd still prefer that to a linebacker that has his arms taped to his sides and just pinballs off everyone.

I like it.  He reminds me of Damien Covington.

Milano was a converted safety.  I think this kid backs up Milano, similar skill set.

• Like (+1) 2

Thanks for the full game cut-up vs. LSU.  Cool to watch it that way.  Joseph looks fast, seems to have instincts to elude blockers trying to get to the second level.  Seems like a quick accelerator.  If the oline gets their hands on him, he's toast, though that's true of most.  Definitely popped in that tape, and looked like he has some rush chops from the edge too.

14 minutes ago, Locomark said:

The additional thing I like about this pick is he can play that Hybrid Safety/Linebacker role that is required in these multiple receiver sets in today's NFL. 

yup and so can Milano (He was a S in college)

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1