RD 5, Pick 147: LB Vosean Joseph, University of Florida

Just now, IgotBILLStopay said:

There is a common theme to the Bills picks. Athleticism. Joseph’s raw athleticism just jumps of the tape. Just not sure about his tackling. Can it be taught at this stage?

Absolutely it can be. 

This staff likes to draft raw talent that can't be taught with confidence that they can coach the players up. I believe in McD. Love the vision and execution so far.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, IgotBILLStopay said:

There is a common theme to the Bills picks. Athleticism. Joseph’s raw athleticism just jumps of the tape. Just not sure about his tackling. Can it be taught at this stage?

Stop reading the reports and watch the LSU highlights - he wrecked them this year and had no problem tackling.  This is a really solid pick, especially for the 5th round

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BoBills20 said:

He's a sideline to sideline LB. Can't believe we still haven't gone with a pass rusher yet... Joe Jackson and Omenihu were still on the board.

Also would've like a silky route runner like Kelvin Harmon, who could've been a day 2 pick

I think after this draft it should be clear we take BPA

16 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Still wish we took a receiver but I won’t question ion them on defensive picks.  McBeane knows defense. 

Bills have some good WR depth form FA and the development of Robert Foster.

IMO LB was a higher need than WR at the moment and Vosesan Joseph is  a nice LB.

A guy like Anthony Johnson, David Sills, Kelvin Harmon may still available in 6, or if the Bills want to move up.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

Absolutely it can be. 

This staff likes to draft raw talent that can't be taught with confidence that they can coach the players up. I believe in McD. Love the vision and execution so far.

I too have high hopes about McD’s influence especially on the defensive side. Did need LB depth.

14 minutes ago, wppete said:

Really like this pick. More depth at LB, sub packages and special teams. Our next Matt Milano.

Cool highlights, but I didn’t know music that bad existed.

• Like (+1) 2