RD 5, Pick 147: LB Vosean Joseph, University of Florida

From the "Sources Tell Us" section of his profile on NFL.com

"His tape has no middle ground, it's either really impressive or really ugly. Now go look at his production this year and you realize you can coach some ugly out of his play. He's a '5' right now but we can turn him into a '9.'" - AFC defensive coach

McDermott or Frazier?

• Like (+1) 7

There is our rangy LB to replace Zo next year. Good pick and they obviously are sticking with BPA in their positions of need which would have been LB,CB, Edge, and WR. So I would guess the final picks will be an Edge and a WR. 

• Like (+1) 3

While I was hoping to hear Harmons or Omenihu’s name called, I love the pick.  Our LB depth is the worst in the league.  He adds not only depth, but a skill set that not many LBs have.  You can’t teach that kind of explosiveness.  Big upside with this pick.  Well done Beane. 

• Like (+1) 8

I watched Joseph a lot.  For whatever inconsistencies he may have shown at Florida, he more than made up for with a lot of big plays in big moments.  He's very versatile and is a good blitzing LB.  Really he was best when the set him loose to just attack the LOS without have to read and react.  The scouting on him wasn't great, but I feel like it was way too harsh considering how much of a difference maker he was for the gators.

• Like (+1) 8

16 minutes ago, BoBills20 said:

He's a sideline to sideline LB. Can't believe we still haven't gone with a pass rusher yet... Joe Jackson and Omenihu were still on the board.

Also would've like a silky route runner like Kelvin Harmon, who could've been a day 2 pick

they must have some sort of plan for this. it's looking more and more like a post draft plan.