Quick note: next year's draft filled with skill position players, low on linemen

Logic

I just wanted to make a quick mention of the fact that the 2020 draft is said to be filled with high quality skill position players, but quite bereft of quality offensive and defensive linemen.

I know there are some fans here who are worried about the WR Corps. I'm not one of them, as I feel that Foster and Brown on the outside with Jones and Beasley (and Duke Williams?) inside will be a big improvement over last year. I believe they're following the New England model of having a platoon of guys who can do specific things and win specific matchups. But for those that ARE concerned, well...

Strengthening the protection in front of Allen and the defensive line were the right things to do in this draft. Not only is building from the trenches out the right way to build a team, but that's where the value and impact was in this draft. Next year, as I said, will have a lot of quality WRs and RBs on the board, and oh by the way, the Bills are set to be in the top 3 in available cap space AGAIN in 2020.

Breathe in, breathe out. Our offense has more firepower this year, and there will be more available upgrades next year, too. Beane's got this. Trust the Process.

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

If the Bills didnt think a 3rd round WR would beat out who they currently have, why pick him? You can only get so many impact players out of one draft. 

Agree. Get 4-5 solid starters and you’ve done well. I think this draft will get us there.

17 minutes ago, Logic said:

I just wanted to make a quick mention of the fact that the 2020 draft is said to be filled with high quality skill position players, but quite bereft of quality offensive and defensive linemen.

I know there are some fans here who are worried about the WR Corps. I'm not one of them, as I feel that Foster and Brown on the outside with Jones and Beasley (and Duke Williams?) inside will be a big improvement over last year. I believe they're following the New England model of having a platoon of guys who can do specific things and win specific matchups. But for those that ARE concerned, well...

Strengthening the protection in front of Allen and the defensive line were the right things to do in this draft. Not only is building from the trenches out the right way to build a team, but that's where the value and impact was in this draft. Next year, as I said, will have a lot of quality WRs and RBs on the board, and oh by the way, the Bills are set to be in the top 3 in available cap space AGAIN in 2020.

Breathe in, breathe out. Our offense has more firepower this year, and there will be more available upgrades next year, too. Beane's got this. Trust the Process.

GO BILLS!

I agree, but also not sure we're done yet at WR, or Edge for that matter.

Posted this in another thread but probably belongs here. 

Hmmmm....maybe the front office knows more than all you hand wringers.  

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/the-2020-wr-class-could-truly-be-historic

Oh yeah, there’s this too. Some STUD FA WR’s next year. I’d take every single one over any that were taken in this draft. 

https://clutchpoints.com/top-10-nfl-free-agents-2020-class/

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

Agree. Get 4-5 solid starters and you’ve done well. I think this draft will get us there.

I mean...in terms of actual drafting average, I think if you get THREE solid starters, you've done well. Very few draft classes, over time, produce 5 solid starters. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Logic said:

GO BILLS!

New to the board, but just wanted to quickly mention that I agree and appreciate the insight for next year's draft class.  I'm excited about the RB from FAU as well.  I have a good feeling that he's going to turn into something special for us.

Hopefully all the new pieces (and coaching) for our o-line will get that group improved.  If so, that alone will be a big boon to our passing attack

I agree completely. And to be honest, I've been hoping for John Brown for a couple years now. Maybe I'm a little higher on him than some. I think he can be very good.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Not a clue how they could possibly know this as of today

oh yeah, they say this every year 

Hmm. Not that I've noticed. I do think a common thing to say is that the QB's aren't that great this year, but next year they'll be amazing. I seem to hear that every year, with exception to the 2018 class. Everyone knew that was a strong QB class.