NFL Draft - Day 3 (put your general draft commentary here)

2020 draft is in Las Vegas.  It was supposed to coincide with the Raiders moving there.  This can be awkward if they do not.  Would the city of Buffalo ever put in for the draft?  Nashville has done a great job.  

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Don't like the Dolphins getting Myles Gaskin.. I like him for no explainable reason. 

I was mildly surprised that he lasted this long.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I don't know if it's cause we didn't have as much to do this year, but overall this felt like a really boring draft... Anyone else? 

I was into the 2nd and 3rd rounds, a lot of guys I wanted and the trades were happening all over the place.

Then we grabbed a RB that I am not sure we could not have gotten later, but no glaring needs to fill with all the plug & play FA pickups.

As to receivers most scouts and evaluaters had 2nd round grades on this class, other than some standout TEs and a couple 1/2 graded WRs.

Looks like NFL execs and scouting depts agreed and the draft fell that way.

Not a lot of great QBs for this class to showcase their skills so who knows which WRs are going to excel at the next level with better opportunities to grow.

12 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Don't like the Dolphins getting Myles Gaskin.. I like him for no explainable reason. 

@whatdrought I had him going as high as the 4th round in some mock simulations I ran. I feel like the Phins got a gem.

Also, it's odd that they took back to back 7th round RB's... anyone else notice that?

• Like (+1) 1

Been away for an hour but I'm back.... so here is everyone I have left available on my board:

1. Preston Williams, WR, Colorado State

2. Cortez Broughton, DT, Cincinnati

3. Malik Gant, S, Marshall

4. Emmanuel Hall, WR, Missouri

5. Jordan Brailford, DE, Oklahoma State

6. Joe Giles-Harris, LB, Duke

7. Daniel Wise, DT, Kansas

8. Tyrel Dodson, LB, Texas A&M

9. Gerald Willis, DT, Miami

10. Caleb Wilson, TE, UCLA

11. Te'von Coney, LB, Norte Dame

12. Michael Dogbe, DT, Temple

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I have to admit that the RB in the 3rd and no WR seems odd to me. A 3rd round pick should be a starter or a highly contributing backup. I trust this administration though, they really seem to know what they are doing. 

So trust them then - the RB is a pick looking ahead - like a real front office does.

There was almost no WR in this draft that was significantly better than the 9 guys we already have - we can get the same level of talent as an UDFA.

I have no issues with it because they seem to have a real plan as to what they want from this roster.

Great Job Beane!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1. Preston Williams, WR, Colorado State

2. Cortez Broughton, DT, Cincinnati

3. Malik Gant, S, Marshall

4. Emmanuel Hall, WR, Missouri

5. Jordan Brailford, DE, Oklahoma State

6. Joe Giles-Harris, LB, Duke

7. Daniel Wise, DT, Kansas

8. Tyrel Dodson, LB, Texas A&M

9. Gerald Willis, DT, Miami

10. Caleb Wilson, TE, UCLA

11. Te'von Coney, LB, Norte Dame

12. Michael Dogbe, DT, Temple

Down to 10 guys on my board who haven't been picked. Worth saying the first three of those are guys I had in my top 100. 

Edited by GunnerBill

Just now, ROCBillsBeliever said:

And, at #251, the Rams took Last Chance U fan favorite, Dakota Allen. Pretty cool story. Glad to see this kid get a shot. If anyone watched season 1, he had a pretty big role in it. 

Was it series 1? I thought Dakota was series 2?