NFL Draft - Day 3 (put your general draft commentary here)

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

Here comes the meltdown! Beane was genius for round 1 and 2, but now he's going to be a disaster because he didn't take a WR in the 7th round.

Now we know what that Bills tweet a few minutes ago was about....

You never know, the Bills have shown they can really make those UFA selections count and they let them know they will grab them if they are not drafted.

Curious what WR UFA's they will bring in...Johnson may be on their short list.

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Here comes the meltdown! Beane was genius for round 1 and 2, but now he's going to be a disaster because he didn't take a WR in the 7th round.

easy with the hyperbole there... I don’t think anyone is saying he, or the draft, was a disaster but it’s more than a little surprising they didn’t pick up at least one WR in the draft.

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

To be fair nobody else did either, and it's not exactly a great idea to favor a player just because they're local.

I really though Johnson and Jackson could be drafted QB and WR would have been good positions to take a 7th round flyer on.

Feel bad because in one offseason UB football got ripped to shreds and none of the guys made hay in the draft

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

easy with the hyperbole there... I don’t think anyone is saying he, or the draft, was a disaster but it’s more than a little surprising they didn’t pick up at least one WR in the draft.

Seems that they are happy with those on the roster.

7 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

The time for this, IMO was to trade up in the 3rd and grab Metcalf instead of taking a RB. 

I think you are underestimating the impact the 4th string RB can have on a team's fortunes. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Southern Bills Fan said:

I have to admit that the RB in the 3rd and no WR seems odd to me. A 3rd round pick should be a starter or a highly contributing backup. I trust this administration though, they really seem to know what they are doing. 

I think it was a selection for the future.  McCoy and Gore might be gone after this season.

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I don't know if it's cause we didn't have as much to do this year, but overall this felt like a really boring draft... Anyone else? 

First time in years I had that feeling.  I think the lack of big name star power in the draft had something to do with it.  All the talent was in the trenches.  The star positions (QB, WR, CB and RB) were lean in first round talent.

• Like (+1) 1