NFL Draft - Day 3 (put your general draft commentary here)

6 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

you forgot Cole Beasley, kind of a big forget

Foster/Brown/Beasley/Zay/McKenzie/Williams

McDermot said he would rather spread the ball around than have a #1 a team can focus on taking away

the league is moving that way, it's harder to defend

No, I didn't. Beasley and John Brown were brought in. I was talking about hold-overs from last year who are still on our roster. Obviously Brown, Beasley and Kroft were brought in with a purpose and are not going to be replaced. This group is not a sure thing and anyone of them could be cut or traded for an upgrade. I was measuring the draft against these guys.

6 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

No, I didn't. Beasley and John Brown were brought in. I was talking about hold-overs from last year who are still on our roster. Obviously Brown, Beasley and Kroft were brought in with a purpose and are not going to be replaced. This group is not a sure thing and anyone of them could be cut or traded for an upgrade. I was measuring the draft against these guys.

Fair enough, I thought I saw Brown, and Duke Williams was a FA

So Buffalo brought in or drafted:

3 WR

2 TE

and a pass catching RB in Yeldon

Brown and Beasley are immediate starters leaving Zay and Foster to fight it out for #3 and #4, and we have no idea if Duke Williams' game plays out in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

3 WR

2 TE

Brown and Beasley are immediate starters leaving Zay and Foster to fight it out for #3 and #4, and we have no idea if Duke Williams' game plays out in the NFL.

3 TE sort of, Fisher was brought in and is switching from OT to TE.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

3 WR

2 TE

And 2 RB before the draft.  Now we draft another RB high who is supposed to be a good receiver. At least there is competition and a solid OL. That should make JA a bit better. 

Do we have a stud WR who can take over the game. No, but neither did NE and I think that's where Daboll's philosophy on O comes from. I would love to have the next Julio Jones, Antonio Brown or Odell Beckham on this roster, but those kind of guys also bring attitudes into the locker room. Hopefully we finally get it right and have a solid, competitive playoff team for the next decade. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

cool we will just shut everyone out.

3 WR (Brown/Beasley/Williams)

2 TE (Kroft/Knox)

1 Receiving RB Yeldon

1 scat back in Singletary

added a HOF hammer of a RB in Gore

improved 3/5 of the OL - they have something like 12 OL now

and let Mills and Miller walk which is addition by sutraction (word on Ducasse?)

Morse and Ford are immediate starters and improvements over Bodine/Groy and Mills

tried for AB

OBD did not ignore weapons or offense, what do you want from a team in one off season?

TBD thinks the Bills D was 'elite' last year. It was stout, not elite.

It scored 0 defensive TDs/ it was in the bottom 5 in sacks and pressures/ it failed to secure fumbles and tipped passes

Kyle Williams retired/ Hughes is 31 and Alexander is 36.

Bad depth at LB, bad depth at S after Bush.

Ignoring Defense would have been foolish.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, WideNine said:

So that punter from Notre Dame in the 7th?

Was surprised the 49ers pulled the trigger in the 4th to grab that kid from Utah.

I mean their punt game sucked, but so did ours....

We had injured guys that have gotten better so maybe not.

2 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

3 WR (Brown/Beasley/Williams)

2 TE (Kroft/Knox)

1 Receiving RB Yeldon

1 scat back in Singletary

added a HOF hammer of a RB in Gore

improved 3/5 of the OL - they have something like 12 OL now

and let Mills and Miller walk which is addition by sutraction (word on Ducasse?)

Morse and Ford are immediate starters and improvements over Bodine/Groy and Mills

tried for AB

OBD did not ignore weapons or offense, what do you want from a team in one off season?

TBD thinks the Bills D was 'elite' last year. It was stout, not elite.

It scored 0 defensive TDs/ it was in the bottom 5 in sacks and pressures/ it failed to secure fumbles and tipped passes

Kyle Williams retired/ Hughes is 31 and Alexander is 36.

Bad depth at LB, bad depth at S after Bush.

Ignoring Defense would have been foolish.

And only 6 draft picks next year ti reload on talent.

• Like (+1) 1

It's a wonder how a player like Harmon who ripped it up in the ACC two years in a row, first team ACC could have dropped to the end of the 6th round.

Something on film must have showed big red flags.  Find it really odd.