NFL Draft - Day 3 (put your general draft commentary here)

Just now, BillsRdue said:

All I can think is they want to spread the ball all over the place so no one can key on one play and everyone can contribute. It will also open up lanes for Josh to run and throw deep and with 3 TE's who can catch they feel JA will have a good safety valve.  They must be high on Foster, Zay  McKenzie and  Duke Williams  and  feel Cam Phillips, Ray Ray and DaMari Scott are better than what was available. (Harmon, Johnson, Sills)  It will be interesting to see what happens in RD 7 and UDFA. They may see what's left and feel they can let the competition, injuries and camp sort it out.  

I am worried about The QB position for Buffalo though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

19. JAQUAN JOHNSON | Miami (Fla.) 5101 | 191 lbs. | SR. Miami, Fla. (Killian) 11/6/1996 (age 22.48) #21 B

I think IceBowl67 is talking about KA'DAR HOLLMAN CB, Greenbays last pick.

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Who could they of taken now that could beat either of them?

You think Johnson can beat out Poyer and Hyde?

Beasley and Brown are no studs, we should have drafted WR earlier. 

but we could have drafted David Sills or Kelvin Harmon, who would have a good shot of making this team.

im sure Johnson will be fine but what is more important to this team is getting weapons for Allen. That is what will get us more wins , not more defensive depth.

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

That is 250 words. I can do it in much less.

Best case scenario: Gunner

Worst case: he is broken on the first day of contact in camp. 

Didn't he lead the Miami Hurricanes in tackles the last two seasons?  Probably not a super risk to immediately explode due to fragility, imo.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

WTF, does no one like Harmon.  Another Safety

I don’t get it?!?! Harmon has to have some major off the field concerns to not be drafted by now. His film suggests a 2nd or 3rd rounder. IDK.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

but we could have drafted David Sills or Kelvin Harmon, who would have a good shot of making this team.

im sure Johnson will be fine but what is more important to this team is getting weapons for Allen. That is what will get us more wins , not more defensive depth.

Right because those are the only safeties we have play in a game. This was a weak WR class and the bills had better value available at places of need when they might of gotten someone to compete for a spot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Man , teams are blazing through theses picks, which is nice actually.

I don't think it takes as long as it appears for teams to make picks in the Draft they just stretch it out for as long as possible for ad revenue. But once you get to the 6th round people are checking out to come back later to see what happened.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, popcornpam said:

Is Buddy Nix back?  ?No scouts above the Mason-Dixie  line? 

They did pick up that Allen guy last year, but I get your point.

The way conferences are scouted will continue to lean towards the SEC till they no longer recruit and have their pick of the better talent, who pick SEC schools for the exposure, which then leads to those programs getting more heavily scouted...

It's a cycle, but the Bills are hardly the only team that focus scouting efforts there and it is understandable.

11 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

All I can think is they want to spread the ball all over the place so no one can key on one play and everyone can contribute. It will also open up lanes for Josh to run and throw deep and with 3 TE's who can catch they feel JA will have a good safety valve.  They must be high on Foster, Zay  McKenzie and  Duke Williams  and  feel Cam Phillips, Ray Ray and DaMari Scott are better than what was available. (Harmon, Johnson, Sills)  It will be interesting to see what happens in RD 7 and UDFA. They may see what's left and feel they can let the competition, injuries and camp sort it out.  

I don't know if Duke Williams makes the roster but if he doesn't he can't complain. The table has been set for him assuming no further adds to a WR corps that can really use a big sure handed physical receiver.

4 minutes ago, WideNine said:

The way conferences are scouted will continue to lean towards the SEC till they no longer recruit and have their pick of the better talent, who pick SEC schools for the exposure, which then leads to those programs getting more heavily scouted...

It's a cycle, but the Bills are hardly the only team that focus scouting efforts there and it is understandable.

They should pick up Trace Mcsorley from Penn State he can be very versatile

10 minutes ago, wppete said:

I don’t get it?!?! Harmon has to have some major off the field concerns to not be drafted by now. His film suggests a 2nd or 3rd rounder. IDK.

That's how it always goes.  We find out later why teams don't touch certain prospects and fans complain that we don't take them the whole draft.  Just sit tight and something will come out.

16 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

you forgot Cole Beasley, kind of a big forget

Foster/Brown/Beasley/Zay/McKenzie/Williams

McDermot said he would rather spread the ball around than have a #1 a team can focus on taking away

the league is moving that way, it's harder to defend

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Yup, SEC and Clemson/FSU/Miami.  

15 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Johnson can beat out Marlow/ Neal or Mo Alexander

After Bush there is little depth at S, much less #2 SS

Johnson is a prototype SS

Edited by RocCityRoller