NFL Draft - Day 3 (put your general draft commentary here)

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

I'm not convinced, like the athlete, but not enough time at learning his craft in the TE position. It just feels like a 3yr project. He was my late pick if we entirely missed the TEs. I was hoping for someone with more reps...

He played the position at least two full years, and coming from QB helps. It is also my strong opinion that virtually every player has to be re-taught when they make the jump from college to pros, and they start from scratch teaching them all of the fundamentals they want to teach. The players with the highest football IQ learn faster. The players that relied solely or mostly on supreme athleticism are often leapfrogged. 

• Like (+1) 3

I just hope people aren't still stuck on a WR when the next Bills pick comes up. I get that people want to add to that position, and maybe the Bills will, but the odds of a 5th rounder beating out Foster, Brown, Beasley, Jones, McKenzie, Williams, and Roberts for a roster spot seems low.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

Fair enough. Our offensive coordinator is a former tight ends coach for New England, and our current tight ends coach Rob Boras is a good one. I happen to think we WILL develop Knox into a quality TE, and sooner rather than later. Their development of undrafted WR Jason Croom into a contributing TE adds to my belief that they will have success with Knox.

we all know how well they 'developed' Logan Thomas

Just now, Logic said:

I just hope people aren't still stuck on a WR when the next Bills pick comes up. I get that people want to add to that position, and maybe the Bills will, but the odds of a 5th rounder beating out Foster, Brown, Beasley, Jones, McKenzie, Williams, and Roberts out for a roster spot seems low.

there's that logic again... something i wish more posters had more of :P

Just now, Logic said:

I just hope people aren't still stuck on a WR when the next Bills pick comes up. I get that people want to add to that position, and maybe the Bills will, but the odds of a 5th rounder beating out Foster, Brown, Beasley, Jones, McKenzie, Williams, and Roberts out for a roster spot seems low.

IDK, I think Johnson or Harmon can easily push McKenzie or Williams.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I just hope people aren't still stuck on a WR when the next Bills pick comes up. I get that people want to add to that position, and maybe the Bills will, but the odds of a 5th rounder beating out Foster, Brown, Beasley, Jones, McKenzie, Williams, and Roberts for a roster spot seems low.

I’m not stuck on the position. But if Harmon is still available I think the value is too good to ignore.

Otherwise, there will be WR’s available in the 7th this year that can make the roster.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

The value of Kelvin Harmon here is gonna be hard to pass up, but I won’t loose my mind.. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I 100% agree! Really believe that the team is higher on foster than people realize.  I think they need a possession type to challenge zay Jones a Stanley Morgan type.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeah I agree. Really highly recruited guy who has a had a weird journey, but he could be developed like a Jimmy G. Oh well. 

He had a bit of a down year but didnt have the talent around him like he did the year before

I actually thought if he had come out last year he would have been a first or second round pick, in the range of mason Rudolph/Lamar jackson