NFL Draft - Day 3 (put your general draft commentary here)

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I thought it was a good deep class.  There might not be a ton of stars but there are plenty of good number 2s with 1 potential if they get lucky. Harry, The Browns, Butler, Campbell, Butler, etc.  that’s a pretty solid group. 

To me genuine #1 potential was AJ, N'Keal and Metcalf and I think ALL are more likely to end up as #2s. Then Williams (still there) then at a stretch Johnson from Buffalo (still there). Never saw it in Butler, Harmon, Campbell, Samuel etc... they are all #3s to me. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Just for me, Butler instead of our TE and Love in the 4th would have made this a homerrun draft. 

Butler scared me because of the dropsies. He has all the talent in the world, and the size and speed to be legit in the league. I just had Benjamin nightmares, when I watched his tape leading up to the draft. I could be wrong: recency bias and the fear of our "big body / tall WR" curse, you know?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, akm0404 said:

Hard to call a WR class good that doesn't send someone to the league before pick 25.  Not giving into the temptation to reach for need brings me some comfort.  Maybe we'll find another Robert Foster lurking deep down there!

Mahomes went 10th in his class.  Watson went after that.  

5 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Bryce Love to the Skins. In the 4th. I had a few folks from this board argue against me that Love would last to the 6th or 7th. I hate to say I'm right, but... proof is in the pudding, gents. THAT is why you take your guy before someone else does. It also helps put the Singletary pick into perspective, and makes me even happier that we snagged him when we did. Wishing Love the best; I wanted him. Glad the Patsies missed on him. 

I thought he'd go later with the injury. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Butler scared me because of the dropsies. He has all the talent in the world, and the size and speed to be legit in the league. I just had Benjamin nightmares, when I watched his tape leading up to the draft. I could be wrong: recency bias and the fear of our "big body / tall WR" curse, you know?

Agreed and that’s why he dropped.  But with the depth, he won’t be the main guy and could develop.  Even if he was just a red zone guy his first year, that would be huge value.  

Is his potential any any less than the TE we took? And at least Butler had a major impact in college.  Sorry, just venting because my girlfriend hates the draft. ?

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

To me genuine #1 potential was AJ, N'Keal and Metcalf and I think ALL are more likely to end up as #2s. Then Williams (still there) then at a stretch Johnson from Buffalo (still there). Never saw it in Butler, Harmon, Campbell, Samuel etc... they are all #3s to me. 

I agree all around on this post. It would not hurt to swing at Johnson or Williams. Johnson to me is the most intriguing guy. Kelvin Harmon is not too shabby either.

Edited by Real McCoy

13 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....Dk advocated as a Bflo pick at #9 and ending up at #64 must bean something, BUT not everything.....DelRio said his physique/combine results overshadowed his true top flight WR status....yes?...no?...maybe?.....

They've been saying that  Russell Wilson is one of the best deep ball passers in the league ... Metcalf is a deep ball receiver ... Sounds like a perfect match.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, akm0404 said:

Mahomes is good.  Watson is medium.  Both teams probably are satisfied enough with their picks, I'd say.

52 tds in 23 games is medium to you behind a bad oline??! What are your expectations for Allen then because he will be hard pressed to do that. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

I agree all around on this post. I would not hurt to swing at Johnson or Williams. Johnson to me is the most intriguing guy. Kelvin Harmon is not too shabby either.

I liked Harry and convinced myself to get excited with Metcalf if they picked him. Was less enthused about Metcalf after he dropped like a rock.