NFL Draft - Day 3 (put your general draft commentary here)

35 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Does Mr Bean have any surprises planned?

Also, if I have this right ...we have a 5th 6th and 2 7th round picks remaining, correct?

Round Overall Status
1 9  
2 40  
3 74  
4 112  
4 131 from Kansas City
5 147  
5 158 from Pittsburgh through Oakland
6 181  
7 225  
7 228 from Carolina

At this point grad some lbs and WRs in the hopes you find a STer  

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I won't fault them Oliver. HIGHLY displeased with the rest of the draft.

You should thank all the late 1st Round teams for having a high asking price, otherwise Ford would’ve been our 2nd, 1st Round pick.  

.....and I would’ve loved Cody Ford there too.  

Id personally rather be complaining about WRs than OL, and we now have a pretty good OL on paper. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

Again, this is just not a good WR class. The Bills WR room wasn't going to be fixed with this draft. All these things were said before this draft. 

They would literally be drafting another WR2 to join the current ones on the squad.

The Bills need a WR1, he isn't in this draft, IMO.

People don't seem to understand this.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

6’6” very physical after the catch.  His hands are inconsistent.  

I don't think there are any elite traits. I had a late third on him so he would have been value but to me he is in the NFL what Justin Hunter has been. A guy who is a 4th or 5th receiver but has redzone value 

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

You expect a 4th round pick to be a number one pick right away?

Andre Reed wasn't a number right away, remember?

Maybe I didn’t post it right. I think he has the potential to be a number 1.  Doesn’t mean he will.  But that is what you’re looking for.  He would fit a big role in our receiving core.  We have a bunch of smaller type receivers.  

Last year, I hated the Ray Ray and Proehl picks because I liked ESJ of Notre Dame.  Nothing was a given by there was no upside to the guys we took. 

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Most do, there's just a few grumpy folks that were hoping to find a fantasy player to draft next year.

That's why we're hoping for a late round flier with some elite potential that we can root for that'll cheer up our fellow fans!

Just now, njbuff said:

....Dk advocated as a Bflo pick at #9 and ending up at #64 must bean something, BUT not everything.....DelRio said his physique/combine results overshadowed his true top flight WR status....yes?...no?...maybe?.....

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Maybe I didn’t post it right. I think he has the potential to be a number 1.  Doesn’t mean he will.  But that is what you’re looking for.  He would fit a big role in our receiving core.  We have a bunch of smaller type receivers.  

Last year, I hated the Ray Ray and Proehl picks because I liked ESJ of Notre Dame.  Nothing was a given by there was no upside to the guys we took. 

I think the Buffalo kid and Preston Williams are the only two left on the board with any potential to end up as a #1 - and they are long shots.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, njbuff said:

What's wrong with that?

Can't fix everything in one offseason.

If Allen gets the time we think he will get, we will know the Bills true offensive needs going forward.

Allen might be the type of QB who doesn't need a top skilled player to be a franchise QB.

Yeah I’m good with it. I like our WRs. Any rookie WR was going to have a tough time getting on the field this year anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Bills fans always trust what the management is doing, even after 20 years of no playoffs they still Billlliieveee. 

What does that have to do with the current regime who made the playoffs in 2017 under new ownership.

Edited by billieve420

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the Buffalo kid and Preston Williams are the only two left on the board with any potential to end up as a #1 - and they are long shots.

At this stage of the draft there is nothing wrong with that at all. 

• Like (+1) 1