What week does Rosen go down and Fitz come in?

32 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Because his HC was a bum who was fired after 1 year by the idiot GM.

This isn’t hard to figure out.  

How does their GM still have a job?  That is one of the worst stretches in GM history - Head Coach he picks gets fired in a year; top 10 qb gets traded with a 5th for a 2nd in a year, and an extreme DUI.  How many guys keep their job after that?

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Yes.  

It's funny how much this board gives Rosen trouble for his performance in AZ last year, despite the fact that the same factors which prevented him from achieving anything have been offered as primary excuses for Josh Allen.

So Allen doesn't suck, it's just that A, B, and C, around him are not ideal.

Arizona is quite possibly the most messed up organization in the NFL right now, but that has nothing to do with it.  Josh Rosen just sucks! 

LOL.  

You're right.  Josh Rosen is good that's why Arizona drafted Kyler Murray and traded him. 

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Epstein's Mother said:

You're right.  Josh Rosen is good that's why Arizona drafted Kyler Murray and traded him. 

Do you’re saying that Arizona is demonstrating over the past 18 months that they are a well run front office?

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Rosen's annoying personality will wear thin on his teammates.  Yes he's fragile but I don't see him starting over Fitz. Somewhere late in the season he'll come in and get dinged....

He didn’t miss a start this year while the bigger Allen got hurt.  Might be time to retire this. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Do you’re saying that Arizona is demonstrating over the past 18 months that they are a well run front office?

All I'm saying is it makes Rosen look like a mistake.  He may end up being great but after spending a year with him the Cardinals are willing to bet otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

It is funny if you are a troll.

Another instance of TSW's homer patrol attempting to intimidate anybody who doesn't toe the homer line du jour.   The last time I looked, neither Josh lit up the NFL with his passing stats in 2018, and neither is guaranteed to do so in 2019, either.

17 minutes ago, Epstein's Mother said:

All I'm saying is it makes Rosen look like a mistake.  He may end up being great but after spending a year with him the Cardinals are willing to bet otherwise. 

Really?  I disagree.   What it does is make Arizona's ownership/GM look even more incompetent than they had proven themselves to be the past few years.   Only an incompetent organization would trade up to get a first round QB and then throw him away after a single season where he struggled on a  team that was a dumpster fire to draft another first round QB on the say-so of a mediocre collegiate coach who has never coached in the NFL before. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Another instance of TSW's homer patrol attempting to intimidate anybody who doesn't toe the homer line du jour.   The last time I looked, neither Josh lit up the NFL with his passing stats in 2018, and neither is guaranteed to do so in 2019, either.

Really?  I disagree.   What it does is make Arizona's ownership/GM look even more incompetent than they had proven themselves to be the past few years.   Only an incompetent organization would trade up to get a first round QB and then throw him away after a single season where he struggled on a  team that was a dumpster fire to draft another first round QB on the say-so of a mediocre collegiate coach who has never coached in the NFL before. 

I get it, you like Rosen.  So do the Dolphins.

6 hours ago, Epstein's Mother said:

I get it, you like Rosen.  So do the Dolphins.

No, you don't get anything.  I don't like some TSW posters attempting to intimidate posters with opinions they don't like by calling them "trolls".   I also don't think that any rookie QB can be blamed for being stuck in a situation beyond his control.  

Furthermore, it's extreme homerism for Bills fans to make excuses for Allen not putting up passing numbers similar to Mayfield's while dissing Rosen who not only faced the same kinds of problems (poor protection, ineffective receivers, poor running game) but also had to deal with a coaching staff that was in disarray almost from opening day as the Cards OC was fired early in the season.   Allen's big advantage over Rosen last season was his mobility and his running ability.   Without that, he would have looked as miserable as Rosen because their passing stats are comparable.

At this point in their careers, there is absolutely no guarantee that any of the 2018 QBs are going to make great QBs, including Mayfield.  It's simply too early to determine how much progress any of them can achieve, and if that progress is  enough to move them forward.   Moreover, of the 2018 first round QBs,  Allen probably has the most room for improvement and the Bills didn't help him a lot by managing (or mismanaging) his rookie season the way that they did.  Given that he didn't suffer permanent injury, his elbow injury was probably a blessing in disguise because it gave him some time to sit and learn.

Edited by SoTier
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SoTier said:

At this point in their careers, there is absolutely no guarantee that any of the 2018 QBs are going to make great QBs, including Mayfield.  It's simply too early to determine how much progress any of them can achieve, and if that progress is  enough to move them forward.   Moreover, of the 2018 first round QBs,  Allen probably has the most room for improvement and the Bills didn't help him a lot by managing (or mismanaging) his rookie season the way that they did.  Given that he didn't suffer permanent injury, his elbow injury was probably a blessing in disguise because it gave him some time to sit and learn.

I agree with all of this.  I'm saying that the team that had the most time and draft capital invested in Rosen decided to start over.  That's not a good look for him or the team.

BTW for the record, I was not one of the people who referred to you as a troll even though you're defending Rosen like he's your nephew.

Some of the homerism is based on personalities, regardless of respective teams.  Allen is a goofy, grinning, hard-working corn-fed boy that jumps defenders for extra yards.  Hard not to root for the guy and overlook things.  Rosen, on the other hand, was a smug little B word right out of the gate on draft day and it's easy to want him to crash and burn, accentuating his mistakes.

2 hours ago, Epstein's Mother said:

I agree with all of this.  I'm saying that the team that had the most time and draft capital invested in Rosen decided to start over.  That's not a good look for him or the team.

BTW for the record, I was not one of the people who referred to you as a troll even though you're defending Rosen like he's your nephew.

And I'm saying that deciding to move on from Rosen is more an indication of the incompetence of the Cards organization than an honest evaluation of Rosen himself.   Instead of taking Murray with the first overall pick, they could have picked somebody like Bosa or better yet, traded back and gotten more picks as well as a top five or ten pick because they could certainly use a major infusion of talent.    Their new QB is going to be hampered by poor talent just as Rosen was.

Allen and Rosen had similar passing stats last season, and the Bills had only 6 wins with some of their losses being embarrassing blow outs and most of their wins being struggles.  Pegula/Beane didn't fire the entire coaching staff, bring in a new coach without NFL HC experience, and waste their first round pick on another QB after investing so much draft capital in Allen.  Instead, they took steps to put better offensive talent around him and hired a better QB coach to give him a better chance at success.  That's what a competent organization does.

PS - my comment about some posters calling other posters trolls wasn't meant for you personally but for another poster.

Edited by SoTier
  • Like (+1) 1