Potential Day 3 Targets

39 minutes ago, wppete said:

Trade up draft DE, Max Crosby and call it a day. 

that may be the best we can hope for at de? i hope they do it. i'd also like to say if they get khalil hodge lb as a ufda, it will be a steal that will be talked about as much as foster and wallace.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsredneck1 said:

that may be the best we can hope for at de? i hope they do it. i'd also like to say if they get khalil hodge lb as a ufda, it will be a steal that will be talked about as much as foster and wallace.

Yeah, I was surprised that Hodge wasn't documented as one of the local pro day players. I have to assume they at least saw him...

53 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Take the UB receiver. Johnson comes from football hot bed southpointe in rock hill sc.  

56 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

If you haven't noticed, every player we have selected has been someone we had contact with through the process. Ed Oliver had an official visit and McD was very hands on at his pro day. We met with Cody Ford at the Combine. We had a private meeting at Devin Singletary's pro day and we had a private workout with him. Dawson Knox was an official visit and we had a private workout with him.

For what it's worth, I used the cover 1 article from the below post, along with player rankings from Matt Miller's Big Board and The Draft Network's player ratings. I will cite their rankings respectively for each player.

WR:

Kelvin Harmon, NC State (66, 30): Combine Meeting

Anthony Johnson, Buffalo (130, 147): Local Pro Day

Gary Jennings, West Virginia (149, 178): Private Workout

Damarkus Lodge, Ole Miss (232, 96): Pro Day Meeting & East/West Shrine Game

Terry Godwin, Georgia (265, 168): East/West Shrine Game

EDGE:

Christian Miller, Alabama (82, 62): Pro Day Meeting

Shareef Miller, Penn State (175, 207): Local Pro Day

Maxx Crosby, Eastern Michigan (308, 195): Official Visit & Private Workout

CB:

Amani Oruwariye, Penn State (98, 25): Local Pro Day

Hamp Cheevers, Boston College (226, 248): Official Visit

Blace Brown, Troy (242, 246): East/West Shrine Game

Blessuan Austin, Rutgers (197, NR): Pro Day Meeting

LB:

Vosean Joseph, Florida (80, 121): Official Visit

Curtis Atkins, Memphis (385, NR): Private Workout & Pro Day Meeting

Our remaining picks are currently 147 (5th), 181 (6th), 225 (7th), & 228 (7th). I suspect Harmon, Miller, & Oruwariye will come off the board before we pick, possibly Joseph too.

I like Godwin, Harmon or Morgan Stanley Jr at WR. Godwin really caught my eye in Indy looking super fluid. 

Joseph would be a good LB pick as would Be Tranquil from ND who can cover well or T.J. Edwards from Wisconsin if the other 2 are gone. 

As far as Edge I think anyone we get will be a project. Would love to get D Andre Walker but he won’t last until Round 5.  Maxx Crosby would be a good get. Don’t sleep on Brailford from OKState here either as a late pick. High motor. 

Whatever we we do I hope we do NOT draft Anthony Johnson. I saw at least 5 Bulls games last year and he was rarely gaining separation in the MAC..

Blace Brown CB

Amani Oruwariye CB

Blessaun Austin CB

Maxx Crosby DE

Shareef Miller DE

Blake Cashman LB

Vosean Joseph LB

David Sills WR

Dru Samia G

My deep sleeper 7th rounder is Alec Ingold. He's a fullback battering ram from Wisconsin. We met with him at the combine, he's a former high school wrestling champ and a nasty blocker. He shined at the Senior Bowl as well. Love his game. He probably should be an UDFA, but I'd use one of those 7th rounders on him to secure him. Great fit and would push DiMarco off the roster.

I'd consider the punters too.  

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Blace Brown CB

Amani Oruwariye CB

Blessaun Austin CB

Maxx Crosby DE

Shareef Miller DE

Blake Cashman LB

Vosean Joseph LB

David Sills WR

Dru Samia G

My deep sleeper 7th rounder is Alec Ingold. He's a fullback battering ram from Wisconsin. We met with him at the combine, he's a former high school wrestling champ and a nasty blocker. He shined at the Senior Bowl as well. Love his game. He probably should be an UDFA, but I'd use one of those 7th rounders on him to secure him. Great fit and would push DiMarco off the roster.

I'd consider the punters too.  

Like Oruwariye and Joseph but not sure either will be there. Blace Brown I think might and I'd take him. Not watched Crosby but I know a lot like him. I'd add Jordan Brailford, DE and Tyrel Dodson, LB as well as scheme fits though don't know that the Bills have met with either. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Like Oruwariye and Joseph but not sure either will be there. Blace Brown I think might and I'd take him. Not watched Crosby but I know a lot like him. I'd add Jordan Brailford, DE and Tyrel Dodson, LB as well as scheme fits though don't know that the Bills have met with either. 

It certainly feels like one of these picks is going to be a corner. 

• Like (+1) 1

I know it not something we need but i still think Bryce Love would fit great on this team.  Let him rehab at the new facility the pegulas built.  Then next year after gore and mccoy are gone.  We have yeldon, singletary, and love as our main Rb's.  I love(no pun intended) this situation.  To go from the oldest to one of the youngest rb core in the league.   I know we can still get some depth guys these last few rounds but i just see setting up our rbs this year for next and then we can focus on WR and DE next year.

I use Draft Tek  (www.drafttek.com) on draft day.  After every pick is made their computer software generates a new mock of all remaining picks.  Right now, their picks for Buffalo are Maxx Crosby, Amani Bledsoe (I don't get the point of drafting a 3-4 DE), LilJordan Humphrey. and Paul Adams (offensive tackle).  I'm not crazy about the last 3.

One prediction I'll make, not really a Day 3 pick though.

Starting tonight and Sunday, they Bills will probably sign a dozen or so undrafted rookies.

Barring some late pick ups from cut players between now and September, any undrafted LB's they sign, may have the best chance to make the final roster as feel LB is currently the thinnest position on the roster.

Everyone who wants a linebacker, I'm telling you Blake Cashman is this year's Matt Milano. Dude was a walk on, excelled on special teams and became a full time starter for Minnesota. He ran 4.5 at t combine. Love his game and he could back up at Will and Mike and wou push Milano a bit. He's 6-1, 237. Reminds me a bit of AJ Klein with more athleticism. I don't know if he makes it to our pick, but boy he's a great fit. He was one of the last visitors per @RyanTalbotBills

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Lol What's up, Kirby!

Always good when we can agree on the same thing. 

Williams starts to be worth the gamble to me in the late rounds. It’s a little concerning that a guy with character concerns tested so poorly. Without knowing the situation I would say that he probably wasn’t working as hard as he should have been. The talent is clearly there though and it starts to be a risk/reward situation. If you get him late and he displays those red flags you simply wash your hands of him. If he comes in plays to his ability you got a steal.