SI's Benoit: Oliver pick gets a C

56 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Did it "become" a headline? That's to whoever listens to that bum... The goal was for it to be though... Get it? Why am I even wasting my time wit you? Go troll somewhere else dude...

“Get it?”  Lol, no.  Your posts seem as though they are the product of a random word generator...

8 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

https://amp-si-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.si.com/nfl/2019/04/25/buffalo-bills-nfl-draft-picks-selections-grades-list-analysis?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1#amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.si.com%2Fnfl%2F2019%2F04%2F25%2Fbuffalo-bills-nfl-draft-picks-selections-grades-list-analysis

Gives us B's and an A- for the other picks, but had an interesting take on the Oliver pick:

Ed Oliver, DT, Houston

Andy Benoit's grade: C

"Most likely, the Bills saw this as a value pick. And after signing Star Lotulelei for big money in free agency last year, to pair with 2018 third-rounder Harrison Phillips and gifted (though mercurial) ex-Dolphin Jordan Phillips, they didn’t have a glaring need at defensive tackle. But outside, they badly need an edge rusher, as 2016 first-rounder Shaq Lawson is not that guy and Jerry Hughes could be in his last year with the club. That said, you can make room for a dynamic gap penetrator. Oliver relies on quickness and elusiveness within confined areas, which is a unique style of play. But considering his having had an up-and-down 2018 season and Buffalo not badly needing a defensive tackle, overall this is a high-risk, high-reward pick for a team looking to add talent in multiple places."

Did he not realize we had the Phillipses last year too and Star and still were playing Kyle a lot. What part of Kyle’s retirement did he miss?

We may still trade for a DE. Let us see.

Dear ❄️, Andy gave us an A- for the draft.  Is he still an idiot? ?.   https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/27/nfl-draft-2019-team-grades-picks-analysis?utm_campaign=sinow&xid=socialflow_twitter_si&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

On 4/27/2019 at 3:51 PM, teef said:

Lol!  That’s whats happening here. The martyr defense. You’re the dark night players on other teams didn’t know they needed.   

A bills fan says something negative about another player!?  Biscuit will be there to defend them!    

Haha, are you trying to bully me?  It’s fun to do stuff on the computer that you could never do in real life. 

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Dear ❄️, Andy gave us an A- for the draft.  Is he still an idiot? ?.   https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/27/nfl-draft-2019-team-grades-picks-analysis?utm_campaign=sinow&xid=socialflow_twitter_si&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

Haha, are you trying to bully me?  It’s fun to do stuff on the computer that you could never do in real life. 

are you serious?  i honestly can't tell here.

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Chill dude 

Teef was replying to someone hocking a false agenda  - Every pick is an "A".  Every off-season is won.

Not every pick is an A!   I think RDs 1 and 2 were pretty solid and A status.   The others less.   

Also, when I hear a guy was rated 4th best at a position you tend to believe its a B grade.  

The B being for Knox

Andy Benoit's grade: A-  

On 4/27/2019 at 5:26 AM, Heavy Kevi said:

Yeah he is literally the only guy I have heard who thinks it's a bad pick.

Which is why he made the statement.  Gets him clicks and gives him a chance to say 'see, I was the only one who said.....' if Oliver doesn't pan out.

2 minutes ago, teef said:

are you serious?  i honestly can't tell here.

couldn't be serious. I mean, how does he/she know what one could do in real life anymore then they could know what he/she could do in real life?

I have to say it does seem easy for some to push people around on a forum that other wise wouldn't face to face.

that said, I did not get the impression that he/she is anything to feel threatened over, not that you were but I know if that were directed to me I would just laugh it off.

you Follow me around and just try to come at me.  Besides a few posters, I don’t even look at most poster’s names and just try to respond to the post. It’s never personal because I don’t know any of you.  You should keep it the same. I don’t have anything against.  Sorry, I don’t think every move the Bills make is awesome, 

4 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

couldn't be serious. I mean, how does he/she know what one could do in real life anymore then they could know what he/she could do in real life?

I have to say it does seem easy for some to push people around on a forum that other wise wouldn't face to face.

that said, I did not get the impression that he/she is anything to feel threatened over, not that you were but I know if that were directed to me I would just laugh it off.

You’re not smart enough to be passive aggressive. Keep groaning my posts.  Have a good day ma’am or sir. 

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

you Follow me around and just try to come at me.  Besides a few posters, I don’t even look at most poster’s names and just try to respond to the post. It’s never personal because I don’t know any of you.  You should keep it the same. I don’t have anything against.  Sorry, I don’t think every move the Bills make is awesome, 

You’re not smart enough to be passive aggressive. Keep groaning my posts.  Have a good day ma’am or sir. 

From my perspective, you come off gruff most of the time.   When you act like a jerk you get treated like a jerk.  Trust me I know.  

Teef is a good guy IMO a jerk sometimes but a good guy.  

DaBillsFanSince1973 is also a good guy who nearly left the board because of the Trolls and constant crappy attitudes.

So yeah hes smart enough 

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

wow.  just wow are you sensitive.  you really can't take someone calling you out on a message board?   sack up buster.  i'd absolutely say anything to you face in life that i'd say on here...you know why?  because what i'm saying no normal person would call offensive. 

don't want to be called out?  stop posting stupid *****.  hell, a bunch of us had a problem with the rochester mayor announcing a draft pick.  what was your response?  to call us racists.  you didn't actually call us racists because you don't have the backbone to actually do so.  you're the type of person who would just dance around it.  you attack posters if they have a negative opinion of another player on another team, yet throw bills players under the bus constantly.  don't worry...we know.  you were once a homer.  no one cares.

you really don't have the fortitude to be on a message board apparently.  sack up bud.

17 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

From my perspective, you come off gruff most of the time.   When you act like a jerk you get treated like a jerk.  Trust me I know.  

Teef is a good guy IMO a jerk sometimes but a good guy.  

DaBillsFanSince1973 is also a good guy who nearly left the board because of the Trolls and constant crappy attitudes.

So yeah hes smart enough 

this is what he doesn't understand.  actions have reactions.

edit:  just so everyone know, i will now leave biscuit alone.  i'm certainly not here to harass anyone, and i certainly don't want anyone taking the bridge over this.

Edited by teef
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

never personal? yet you pass judgement by questioning my smarts.

you have a good day as well ma’am, or sir. 

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

On 4/27/2019 at 8:33 AM, Niagara Dude said:

Wow! i hate to see what he thinks of our other picks because Oliver was the best ,  our last two picks will be off the roster once Sean and Beane are fired.  Like is Sean going to keep 7-8 RB'S on this team.

Your takes are even dumber than his but you did get a click.?

On 4/27/2019 at 3:46 PM, teef said:

You don’t have a lot of friends...do you?

He used to and then began to speak.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

Benoit's analysis is dumb.  That's why his grade was as well.

Agreed.  Dinging the Bills for not filling their need at edge pass rusher over their need for a DT who can get pressure up the middle is dumb in light of the fact that Oliver was generally rated as a better prospect than any of the DEs still on the board at 9.  Not recognizing that both were big needs is not excusable. 

On 4/27/2019 at 9:19 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ah!  Glad you ask.  He gave the Bills a C+ for Josh Allen and the Cardinals an A- for Josh Rosen.

To do him some credit, he did correctly call out Josh Allen's mobility as an underlooked factor and correctly call out inconsistent ball placement as a gap in Allen's game.

About Rosen he said " the most polished QB in this draft " and "Rosen was an acute field-reader at UCLA and plays a timing-and-rhythm brand of football, which usually translates well to the pros. It’s one reason he’s known for his ability to throw receivers open. He is a great fit for offensive coordinator Mike McCoy"

Time will tell.

To provide some factual substrate for further discussion, here are the stats of each rookie QB normalized to 16 games:

image.thumb.png.24c8f666a95414ce12aa2545edc9031e.png

Pretty much the only thing that needs to be said about this mans understanding of football as it relates to recently drafted players... Yikes thats a steaming hot-pile-of-poo-take

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

This whole page is a **** show lmao

?

...it's one guy's opinion.....was there TOTAL alignment here behind Oliver in ALL of the posted TBD mocks?.....nope......a multitude of assessments whether yes, no or maybe at 9, trading up, trading down, etc...Jesus.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy