SI's Benoit: Oliver pick gets a C

5 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

See what happens is, it was once the in thing to mock Buffalo regardless... now it's not the in thing to do anymore. Yet, guys like Benoit are still trying to rag on the Bills. Exposing that he either knows zero about football or is just trying to rag on the Bills like a clown.

Thank you. Anyone that has lived and worked in this community knows about the quality of life and the people. I have followed the Bills since OJ, and I lived through the four SB's! That was a great time to be a Bill's fan! We expected to win every Sunday. But guys like this, a shallow and misinformed pundit just throwing something together to complete a column! This time of year, everyone is an "expert" on the Bills. I love the Bills, we are getting close. It is fun to sit back and read all of these opinions! Kind of like people watching! 

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, dlonce said:

Kids a clown.

Take one guess  which team he rates as an A+ draft last year.

Patriots.

He’s just a blow hole that follows the herd.

Pay no mind, he’s biased.

Wait a second?  He said the SB champs had a good draft??? What an idiot!!!

5 hours ago, PirateHookerMD said:

This take just exposes how little he understands our roster and scheme. 

This.

Just because we have defensive tackles on the roster, it does not mean they have proven that they can effectively shoot the gaps and make plays on the other side of the LOS. Roll the NE or the Jags tape and watch RBs hitting our LB's and safeties 5-6 yards deep before anyone gets a hand on them.

I don't mind our safeties coming up to make a stop, but getting steamrolled by RBs that have not been forced to slow down or change direction in the least is a good recipe for landing most of them on our IR.

Oliver is a good value and fit for a team need without reaching.

56 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So....he gave every teams first round pick a “C” as well?

No cuz then he'll be called " a fraud"... You have to pick and choose where to be dumb and you showed one with your response to me so don't act like you don't know...

The only predraft thing I heard about him was:

3 technique, one gap, explosive rusher, needs work with hands and finishing

think Sapp or Donald for peak career

had a hard time keeping his weight up in the 280s

a great pick if used properly

6 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

https://amp-si-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.si.com/nfl/2019/04/25/buffalo-bills-nfl-draft-picks-selections-grades-list-analysis?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1#amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.si.com%2Fnfl%2F2019%2F04%2F25%2Fbuffalo-bills-nfl-draft-picks-selections-grades-list-analysis

Gives us B's and an A- for the other picks, but had an interesting take on the Oliver pick:

Ed Oliver, DT, Houston

Andy Benoit's grade: C

"Most likely, the Bills saw this as a value pick. And after signing Star Lotulelei for big money in free agency last year, to pair with 2018 third-rounder Harrison Phillips and gifted (though mercurial) ex-Dolphin Jordan Phillips, they didn’t have a glaring need at defensive tackle. But outside, they badly need an edge rusher, as 2016 first-rounder Shaq Lawson is not that guy and Jerry Hughes could be in his last year with the club. That said, you can make room for a dynamic gap penetrator. Oliver relies on quickness and elusiveness within confined areas, which is a unique style of play. But considering his having had an up-and-down 2018 season and Buffalo not badly needing a defensive tackle, overall this is a high-risk, high-reward pick for a team looking to add talent in multiple places."

Never, EVER, trust a single word out of Benoit's mouth.  His hot takes are just that.  Clueless hack!!

40 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

No cuz then he'll be called " a fraud"... You have to pick and choose where to be dumb and you showed one with your response to me so don't act like you don't know...

How did one grade for one team become a “headline” of negativity to attract clicks to the entire article?  

When I listened to that MMQB Mock Draft with this guy I was NOT impressed at all...

He literally said EVERY team had a need at WR...And I'm not kidding...Go back and listen...I think WR is the 1st thing he mentions with Arizona at pick #1...And I'm not saying these teams do not have WR needs...but good grief it was hard to listen to...

So...?

19 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How did one grade for one team become a “headline” of negativity to attract clicks to the entire article?  

Did it "become" a headline? That's to whoever listens to that bum... The goal was for it to be though... Get it? Why am I even wasting my time wit you? Go troll somewhere else dude...

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Or how much this board over-values all things Bills.

Every pick is an "A".  Every off-season is won.  Every draftee is going to be amazing and none of them will ever bust.

Watch when people start giving record predictions days before the start of the season.  Most will have us in the playoffs with 10 and more wins.

Meanwhile, back in this place called reality, this organization hasn't won a playoff game in nearly a quarter-century.  

So which is it again please?

You don’t have a lot of friends...do you?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Between the two of them, I think it's pretty clear that pot is NOT harmless.

When does the mellowing effect kick in? Because I know one of those two needs to chill the ***** out.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Sensitive.  Attack anyone who doesn’t fully go cult. 

Lol!  That’s whats happening here. The martyr defense. You’re the dark night players on other teams didn’t know they needed.   

A bills fan says something negative about another player!?  Biscuit will be there to defend them!    

Edited by teef
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, teef said:

Lol!  That’s whats happening here. The martyr defense. You’re the dark night players on other teams didn’t know they needed.   

A bills fan says something negative about another player!?  Biscuit will be there to defend them!    

Yeah.  Odd, isn't it?