WR situation is like going in with Peterman as starter last year

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Funny you mention this because I feel like people are forgetting about Duke Williams. 

I don't know how his game will transition to the NFL but he's got experience and killed in the cfl. 

I have a hard time counting on Foster AND duke to both reach their potential. If one really plays consistently well- it’s a big win and we have a passable group I guess though. Which is a huge step up from last year. 

People arent forgetting him, he’s just a huge long shot

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

It's not a train wreck at all, but I would agree that I'm surprised they didn't grab one with their first third. I was expecting them to try and trade back into the second to get one.

But I would say that you have to consider the O-line and the effects its re-boot will have on the passing game. On paper, the line is now the strength of the offense, and if they get a combination through camp and preseason that really gels and starts to dominate a few weeks into the season, it's going to elevate every aspect of our attack. The run game will look light years ahead of last year, and the with more time to throw, receivers are going to naturally have more time to get open.

With that in mind I can see Allen throwing a lot of bombs this year to Brown and Foster. The more success Brown and Foster have going deep? The more areas are created for Beasley, Kroft and Jones, Knox etc. to get open. Plus the RBs coming out of the backfield. 

I know people think we're a run first team, but I could see the gameplan this year being: blitz them through the air in the first half, build a lead, then run the ball down their throats and use this new O-line to wear the ***** out of the opponent. Break their spirit!

I hope you’re right! 

4 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

You need to add a third Troll to your screen name. I’ve got nothing to feed you, back under the bridge with you.

Okay Cheryl Miller

23 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

The guys they have now are all roughly #3 receivers, not even #2 guys. It was a disaster last year and it will be a disaster this year. Allen is going to have to run the ball himself again to move downfield.

I think the WRs dropping like flies this draft speaks volumes of what NFL teams think of them.  They are mostly #3 type guys, done #2s maybe down the road.  

33 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

It is the train wreck everyone sees coming. So many of the top receivers were there for the taking with a trade up into the 2nd. Is Cole Beasly our top receiver? We have nobody that can consistently win on the outside. We don’t have guys that align with Allen’s skillset. The Titans now have Corey Davis AND AJ Brown. Allen would kill it with those guys. Buffalo definitely could have made some trade to get Brown. Instead, I don’t know if their 3rd round picks make the team in 2 years.

I understand that you can’t fix a broken offense like ours was in one offseason, but I feel like they are setting up Allen to struggle... again! Allen needs someone that can track and catch his deep throws, otherwise teams will cheat towards the LoS again. It’s just frustrating knowing Allen has no shot of realizing his full potential this year.

Surely the Bills could’ve added a WR high in the draft.  But I think you’re embellishing the current WR situation.  It’s much improved from last year

the Peterman analogy is way off base. he has enjoyed zero success and in fact will go down as one of the statistically worst QB's of all time.

Beasley and Brown have already had success. Robert Foster can go deep. Andre Roberts is a pro bowl returner who may surprise at wr. still have zay jones.

hardly a train wreck and whose to say beane is done with that position

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I have a hard time counting on Foster AND duke to both reach their potential. If one really plays consistently well- it’s a big win and we have a passable group I guess though. Which is a huge step up from last year. 

People arent forgetting him, he’s just a huge long shot

I agree he's a long shot but with the way that foster turned it around after his benching I'm hopeful that Duke can be the big bodied receiver opposite. 

He's got a year of "pro" experience compared to anyone we would have drafted in the 4th or later and he was the best in the cfl. 

Even if he puts up half the numbers he did in the NFL that he did the cfl he's already on par or better than what we had last year. 

Edited by The Wiz

Let's not be silly here.  Jon Brown was on pace for 1300 yards and 14 TDS, then Lamar Jackson became Qb and they ran the triple option offense.  Brown, Foster, Jones, and Beasley may not be the best group in the league.  But its not a colossal ***** show either.  The group is better than last year.  There is not stopping them from bringing in anyone else in FA.  Imo they need a big body red zone threat.  If they bring in Crabtree is that any better than adding a guy in third rd?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I agree he's a long shot but with the way that foster turned it around after his benching I'm hopeful that Duke can be the big bodied receiver opposite. 

He's got a year of "pro" experience compared to anyone we would have drafted in the 4th or later and he was the best in the cfl. 

Even if he puts up half the numbers he did in the NFL that he did the cfl he's already on par or better than what we had last year. 

Sometimes you have to step back and realize we’re talking about a UDFA that we cut mid season and a cfl guy on a reserves/futures contract.

Do you expect every lotto ticket you find to be a big winner? 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Sometimes you have to step back and realize we’re talking about a UDFA that we cut mid season and a cfl guy on a reserves/futures contract.

Do you expect every lotto ticket you buy to be a big winner? 

I at least expect to get my dollar back. 

I'm not hedging my bets on him, just pointing out that in all the commotion about not getting x, y or z in the draft that there is a player that could fit a need that we already have. 

Like I said, if he's half a good in the NFL as he was in the cfl he's already better than most of last years players. 

Edit: after looking at the stats he would actually be better than all of last years player. 

Edited by The Wiz

38 minutes ago, Pbomb said:

Good stuff here, ya cause any wr we would have drafted will automatically be good and become our best wr instantly. Love when the bills draft positions someone doesn’t want and they cry and get all salty

Yes, the fact that very few first year WR’s prove to be highly effective and the idea that the Bills drafted a TE with upside and ball skills should all be set aside for the OP’s wisdom.  The OP calls himself a troll and that is likely what he is.

I thought the idea to drafting guys, was to improve on what you've got. Was there a WR that was better than Beasley or John Brown, or even Foster, after we took our 2nd round pick?

Unless I'm very much mistaken, there were only 2 WRs taken in the first round, and both from mid twenties to last pick of the round. That screams 'not elite' to me. There was one WR taken before our 2nd round pick. Then from #19 to #32 in the 2nd round there were another 6 taken. Says, 'probably decent' to me. I just don't believe that we would necessarily be getting a guy who makes much of a difference from any of those. For sure, there will probably be one who does shine through, but it's incredibly difficult to predict which one that will be, especially when they are all obviously rated around the same.

Our WR corps has already been improved a whole heap, with the additions of Brown and Beasley. Williams might also be a big help. For sure we don't have an obvious #1 WR, but it isn't as though we don't have guys who cannot make plays. With improved O-Line play, guys will have more opportunities to get open. If Allen starts finding Brown and Foster downfield regularly, I'm not sure having a #1 WR would make much of a difference, and TBH, what we really are lacking in the WR department, is a true #1 WR, not just a.n.other WR.