WR situation is like going in with Peterman as starter last year

It is the train wreck everyone sees coming. So many of the top receivers were there for the taking with a trade up into the 2nd. Is Cole Beasly our top receiver? We have nobody that can consistently win on the outside. We don’t have guys that align with Allen’s skillset. The Titans now have Corey Davis AND AJ Brown. Allen would kill it with those guys. Buffalo definitely could have made some trade to get Brown. Instead, I don’t know if their 3rd round picks make the team in 2 years.

I understand that you can’t fix a broken offense like ours was in one offseason, but I feel like they are setting up Allen to struggle... again! Allen needs someone that can track and catch his deep throws, otherwise teams will cheat towards the LoS again. It’s just frustrating knowing Allen has no shot of realizing his full potential this year.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Train wreck lol..

The guys they have now are all roughly #3 receivers, not even #2 guys. It was a disaster last year and it will be a disaster this year. Allen is going to have to run the ball himself again to move downfield.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Troll Toll said:

The guys they have now are all roughly #3 receivers, not even #2 guys. It was a disaster last year and it will be a disaster this year. Allen is going to have to run the ball himself again to move downfield.

He will have all day to throw behind his new OL .. he will be fine..

• Like (+1) 2

There is nothing that can compare to having Peterman as a starter.

Relax, they have made improvements to the offense, and added to the overall talent level. Last year's WRs should be at least a little better, too. Plus, there is always a chance they can pick up a veteran through a post draft trade, or a camp cut. I'm pretty sure they are aware of the situation.

Edited by OJ Tom
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Good stuff here, ya cause any wr we would have drafted will automatically be good and become our best wr instantly. Love when the bills draft positions someone doesn’t want and they cry and get all salty

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1

I am pleased with this draft, but sorry, I agree that we are a bit thin at wide receiver talent.

true that after the first two rounds number one wr talent is at a premium.  

However, it is not an incorrect statement to say we are made up of 2s and 3s.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

It is the train wreck everyone sees coming. So many of the top receivers were there for the taking with a trade up into the 2nd. Is Cole Beasly our top receiver? We have nobody that can consistently win on the outside. We don’t have guys that align with Allen’s skillset. The Titans now have Corey Davis AND AJ Brown. Allen would kill it with those guys. Buffalo definitely could have made some trade to get Brown. Instead, I don’t know if their 3rd round picks make the team in 2 years.

I understand that you can’t fix a broken offense like ours was in one offseason, but I feel like they are setting up Allen to struggle... again! Allen needs someone that can track and catch his deep throws, otherwise teams will cheat towards the LoS again. It’s just frustrating knowing Allen has no shot of realizing his full potential this year.

So AJ Brown would have taken us from train wreck to promised land? Sober up.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 minute ago, MikeSpeed said:

There's always UFAs. Hey it worked last year.

Funny you mention this because I feel like people are forgetting about Duke Williams. 

I don't know how his game will transition to the NFL but he's got experience and killed in the cfl. 

• Like (+1) 3

It's not a train wreck at all, but I would agree that I'm surprised they didn't grab one with their first third. I was expecting them to try and trade back into the second to get one.

But I would say that you have to consider the O-line and the effects its re-boot will have on the passing game. On paper, the line is now the strength of the offense, and if they get a combination through camp and preseason that really gels and starts to dominate a few weeks into the season, it's going to elevate every aspect of our attack. The run game will look light years ahead of last year, and the with more time to throw, receivers are going to naturally have more time to get open.

With that in mind I can see Allen throwing a lot of bombs this year to Brown and Foster. The more success Brown and Foster have going deep? The more areas are created for Beasley, Kroft and Jones, Knox etc. to get open. Plus the RBs coming out of the backfield. 

I know people think we're a run first team, but I could see the gameplan this year being: blitz them through the air in the first half, build a lead, then run the ball down their throats and use this new O-line to wear the ***** out of the opponent. Break their spirit!

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Pbomb said:

Good stuff here, ya cause any wr we would have drafted will automatically be good and become our best wr instantly. Love when the bills draft positions someone doesn’t want and they cry and get all salty

I’m fine with the value they got with their first 2 picks, but they desperately needed a receiver and they were basically all available and bled out between their 2nd and 3rd pick.

7 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

So AJ Brown would have taken us from train wreck to promised land? Sober up.

He would have gotten us out of trainwreck territory.  So we go from trying to trade for Antonio Brown to saying our WR situation isn’t a trainwreck?

28 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

You need to add a third Troll to your screen name. I’ve got nothing to feed you, back under the bridge with you.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Pbomb said:

....they DO come with a warranty and money back guarantee, right??..............

• Like (+1) 2