John Warrow’s High Praise For Beane & McDermott Regime

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

While I appreciate the the explanation, it's not necessary 

Your viability as some worthy of discussion takes a hit every time you act like your complete lack of knowledge on a subject is irrelevant when you are called on it.

Like I said........more thought and research or stay on the porch,  ol' yeller'.

14 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Respectfully never understood this argument. None of us are paid to make decisions. Fan clamor for this player or that player is irrelevant. McD chose to pass on Mahomes and Watson, so that's on him. Beane/McDermott went with Allen a year later and that will determine their fate. But THEY are responsible for making decisions, not the fans.

I agree 100% so I'm not sure what argument you think I'm making above. I'll sum it up and say I'd have a lot more respect for people who make claims BEFORE HAND, with well reasoned logic behind them vs. the throngs of hindsight GMs who maintain they knew something all along after the fact. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Your viability as some worthy of discussion takes a hit every time you act like your complete lack of knowledge on a subject is irrelevant when you are called on it.

Like I said........more thought and research or stay on the porch,  ol' yeller'.

I'm not surprised you'd have to act this way given how you, once again, have to put words into another poster's mouth and then go off on an unrelated tangent, in order to make another specious point. Moving the goal posts is your go to m.o. when your failed argument gets tossed in your face. Every. Single. Time. 

"Have some respect for the process of discussion on this board." 

Just now, K-9 said:

I agree 100% so I'm not sure what argument you think I'm making above. I'll sum it up and say I'd have a lot more respect for people who make claims BEFORE HAND, with well reasoned logic behind them vs. the throngs of hindsight GMs who maintain they knew something all along after the fact. 

I was wary of Mahomes before that draft. Always thought elite potential but man was that footwork a shambles. I said I would be wary about picking him somewhere he needed to start right away because I think the footwork needed some work before he was ready to be flung out there. But the Bills did have the option to keep Tyrod for one more year and take a Quarterback. That was a possible for them. I said I thought Deshaun Watson could start and produce immediately, he was my guy, and before his ACL blew he was on pace to smash the rookie TD record - and would almost certainly have posted more than Mayfield went on to set the new record at in 2018. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I was wary of Mahomes before that draft. Always thought elite potential but man was that footwork a shambles. I said I would be wary about picking him somewhere he needed to start right away because I think the footwork needed some work before he was ready to be flung out there. But the Bills did have the option to keep Tyrod for one more year and take a Quarterback. That was a possible for them. I said I thought Deshaun Watson could start and produce immediately, he was my guy, and before his ACL blew he was on pace to smash the rookie TD record - and would almost certainly have posted more than Mayfield went on to set the new record at in 2018. 

Like I said, I hadn't seen enough of him to comment either way. I do remember your breakdowns of both Watson and Mahomes. IIRC, you pounded the table for Watson and I respect that immensely. Others around here could learn a thing or two from your commitment to your assessments and, more importantly, your willingness to own them after the fact, whether they proved right or wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea their defense balled out. And obviously the offense was as much Kubiak as it was Dennison. But the idea floated on these boards that Rick Dennison is some sort of incompetent idiot who held the 2017 Bills offense back is simply fantasy. I would say it is fair to say he didn't raise it above the sum of its parts but he got what was there talent wise in my opinion. He was net neutral. 

Any OC who calls outside runs for Mike Tolbert is suspect. End of story. 

36 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Like I said, I hadn't seen enough of him to comment either way. I do remember your breakdowns of both Watson and Mahomes. IIRC, you pounded the table for Watson and I respect that immensely. Others around here could learn a thing or two from your commitment to your assessments and, more importantly, your willingness to own them after the fact, whether they proved right or wrong. 

Here's A LOT better piece of advice.......and one YOU should definitely heed Ole' Yeller'.....if you don't want to look ignorant like you(especially recently)in this thread then don't create hot takes about subjects that you are unfamiliar with and aren't willing to do any research on.

The primary reason my success rate on takes is so high is because I don't have a take on every subject...........these are things Gunner does.........and that is inevitably going to hurt your batting average because no matter how much you put into it.......it is still an inexact science to say the least.

56 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I was the Ma-homer

Just now, thebandit27 said:

I was the Ma-homer

I recall that now that you mention it. But you’ve been pounding the table for years for guys so I can’t remember all of your good ones. 

Neutral is failing compared to good coaching, yes. But he wasn't the reason the offense sucked. The offense sucked because there was not enough talent. I wasn't clamouring for Dennison to stay, thought I wasn't calling for his head either, but the abuse he got on this board was frankly ludicrous. He was blamed for everything short of global warming, the 2008 financial crash and Brexit. Despite having the league's best non throwing Quarterback to work /suffer with. 

One of the things that sold me on McDermott, and I'm mostly sold on him, was that he actually fired Dennison.  By the end of the season, I wanted Dennison out of there, because of his total lack of creativity.   I thought McDermott was too forgiving, to much a believer in the process, to can Dennison after only one season.   When I saw that McD had pulled the trigger, my view of McD went up.   It said he has objectives and he isn't afraid to to make hard decisions when objectives aren't being met.  That offense should have been better than it was, and McD knew it.  

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Here's A LOT better piece of advice.......and one YOU should definitely heed Ole' Yeller'.....if you don't want to look ignorant like you(especially recently)in this thread then don't create hot takes about subjects that you are unfamiliar with and aren't willing to do any research on.

The primary reason my success rate on takes is so high is because I don't have a take on every subject...........these are things Gunner does.........and that is inevitably going to hurt your batting average because no matter how much you put into it.......it is still an inexact science to say the least.

I’m done with you and your antics. When you are capable of having an adult discussion, one without disingenuous premises, speciousness, putting words in people’s mouths, staying on point without going off on tangents because your point has been refuted, and having to constantly move the goal posts because you aren’t grown up enough to just admit that maybe you were wrong about something, then get back to me. In the meantime, it’s all a futile exercise. So, off with you now. 

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Don't be so full of yourself. I agree that you have a high success rate on your takes. That shouldn't be surprising because they are usually made after the fact. It's like betting on a game after it has already been played. It doesn't take much talent to predict an outcome when you already know the outcome. I'm confident that you know what the definition of disingenuous is?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Neutral is failing compared to good coaching, yes. But he wasn't the reason the offense sucked. The offense sucked because there was not enough talent. I wasn't clamouring for Dennison to stay, thought I wasn't calling for his head either, but the abuse he got on this board was frankly ludicrous. He was blamed for everything short of global warming, the 2008 financial crash and Brexit. Despite having the league's best non throwing Quarterback to work /suffer with. 

Just to be clear hear, Rick Dennison was not the reason our offense sucked. Our offense sucked because of the dearth of talent, especially at QB. Unfortunately, he couldn’t prove one way or the other if he was a good OC or not while here. I lean toward nothing special though. 

Simple question: Are you also of the opinion that if Mahomes had come here that he would have risen to the same quick, great heights under Dennison as he has under Reid in KC?

Edited by K-9

9 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

One of the things that sold me on McDermott, and I'm mostly sold on him, was that he actually fired Dennison.  By the end of the season, I wanted Dennison out of there, because of his total lack of creativity.   I thought McDermott was too forgiving, to much a believer in the process, to can Dennison after only one season.   When I saw that McD had pulled the trigger, my view of McD went up.   It said he has objectives and he isn't afraid to to make hard decisions when objectives aren't being met.  That offense should have been better than it was, and McD knew it.  

Whereas I think the offense was exactly what it should have been with a poor Quarterback, half an offensive line and a rotating cast of below average receivers. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

As long as he owns the JOsh Allen tattoo that is soon to be put on his forehead. 

Just now, K-9 said:

Simple question: Are you also of the opinion that if Mahomes had come here that he would have risen to the same quick, great heights under Dennison as he has under Reid in KC?

I think I have already answered, though indirectly. I think had he been forced to play straight away - no. By the time he did become the KC starter Dennison was no longer our OC. 

41 minutes ago, eball said:

Any OC who calls outside runs for Mike Tolbert is suspect. End of story. 

He runs the zone freaking stretch. That is his scheme. Not his fault those above his head gave him a fat running back and insisted on him playing. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CommonCents said:

As long as he owns the JOsh Allen tattoo that is soon to be put on his forehead. 

I get the sense that Gunner isn’t so full of himself or so insecure in his beliefs that he wouldn’t own his opinion on Allen.

Tattoo on his forehead? Kinda like when Aldo Raine carves into Hans Landa’s head?