John Warrow’s High Praise For Beane & McDermott Regime

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

C'mon Baldo....you're the one who specifically brought up one stat which was Josh's running yards.  That was in your first reply to me.

Well yes, the opposite of cherry picking is not cherry picking.  

Okay if scores are what it's all about then we only gave up 13.  Our defense brought it that day.  So in a game where both offenses didn't play well, our defense was better.

75% of Detroit's passing  yards came to one guy.  

Belichick has dominated rookie QB's at home.  He's 11-0.  I showed you the link.  It's not Flores game plan that did it....it's Belichick.  He's the constant.

The defenses employed by Flores also held the 2nd highest scoring team in the league led by McVay to one first down in the first half of the Super Bowl and 3 total points.  You're being especially hard on Allen, a rookie among several rookies that have been held completely in check by Belicheck.  Belicheck has done it to everyone....

Again.........the Bills season averages are irrelevant...........they were getting blown out left and right early in the season........why are you using those numbers to show that they were doing "OK"............that's just poorly constructing an argument.

And I'm not being hard on Allen at all.

The Bills simply didn't have an answer that worked for those defenses..........that's been a common thread with McDermott against Belichick.

He has been THE worst Bills HC against Belichick thru 4 games since BB came to NE.........it's on HIM to prove he is not enslaved.    

That's the way it works in the NFL.............your record = who you are. 

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

C'mon Baldo....you're the one who specifically brought up one stat which was Josh's running yards.  That was in your first reply to me.

Well yes, the opposite of cherry picking is not cherry picking.  

Okay if scores are what it's all about then we only gave up 13.  Our defense brought it that day.  So in a game where both offenses didn't play well, our defense was better.

75% of Detroit's passing  yards came to one guy.  

Belichick has dominated rookie QB's at home.  He's 11-0.  I showed you the link.  It's not Flores game plan that did it....it's Belichick.  He's the constant.

The defenses employed by Flores also held the 2nd highest scoring team in the league led by McVay to one first down in the first half of the Super Bowl and 3 total points.  You're being especially hard on Allen, a rookie among several rookies that have been held completely in check by Belicheck.  Belicheck has done it to everyone....

Might as well face it, Allen has no chance against Flores and the Dolphins. He’s even better than Patricia at keeping a QB in the pocket! And Patricia is a defensive genius because he figured out that you need to maintain pass rush discipline and containment to keep a good running QB in the pocket. 

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Again.........the Bills season averages are irrelevant...........they were getting blown out left and right early in the season........why are you using those numbers to show that they were doing "OK"............that's just poorly constructing an argument.

And I'm not being hard on Allen at all.

The Bills simply didn't have an answer that worked for those defenses..........that's been a common thread with McDermott against Belichick.

He has been THE worst Bills HC against Belichick thru 4 games since BB came to NE.........it's on HIM to prove he is not enslaved.    

That's the way it works in the NFL.............your record = who you are. 

The last post you replied to of mine doesn't have anything about season averages.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You are not seeing the big picture at all.  Comments about being worse last year is a fail than 2017 indicates that.

I don’t see a resemblance at all with this regime with previous ones.  I think you want to see the resemblance so you can have another gripe.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Who said anything about Flores "emerging". :doh:   Patricia was just 6-10 last year when he nearly engineered a surprise win in Buffalo. .

I don't expect anything special from Flores and I don't of Patricia either..............but I know that Belichick has OWNED McDermott...........OWNED..........make all the excuses you want for Sean but no Bills HC has been less competitive against Belichick in his first 4 games against him.........and that's saying A LOT considering the lack of success they've had against him in the past 2 decades.    Flores and Patricia have made a killing the past two years bringing out the worst in McDermott's woeful offense's.    

Now the other point here is you have said you don't like speculation..........well that's what we are doing here.........so why read it if it makes you upset?   Put me on ignore if you don't like us discussing the topic.   I'm not here to cater to your very specific wishes about what should be discussed.:lol:   

Somebody has to call you out on the BS you spew, and when they do, you get upset.

YOU envisioned the Bills struggling against Flores.  All I did was envision Daboll succeeding.  Why is your vision valid and beyond attack?

Speculation is NOT what we're doing here.   NOT.  This is not a thread about what anyone thinks might happen in 2019.   This is a discussion about whether McBeane have done a good, bad or indifferent job so far.  It's a discussion, which is advanced by presentation of fact and argument.   YOU tried to score points in support of your view of the Bills' leadership by suggesting your "vision" of Flores.  I pointed out that one's "vision" does not advance the discussion, because I can have my own vision.  

Then, when by example I show that your argument is pointless, you tell me the thread is about speculation,  and if I don't like speculation I should leave the discussion. 

Your behavior demonstrates that you're here to argue and to win, not to have a meaningful discussion.  

Put you on ignore?   I've thought about it, but generally I just don't read what you write.  You're quite knowledgeable about the Bills and you say some interesting things sometimes.  And if I put you on ignore, it makes it more difficult for me to reply once in a while to demonstrate that your idle negative speculation is a useless substitute for logic.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Badobilz is spinning a victory over the Lions as a negative.  And when I and others bring up how ridiculous it is that some here exist only to criticize the team to somehow either boost their ego or try and be cute, we're wrong?  And when we do so we're told we should just ignore it?  Comical.

15 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Badobilz is spinning a victory over the Lions as a negative.  And when I and others bring up how ridiculous it is that some here exist only to criticize the team to somehow either boost their ego or try and be cute, we're wrong?  And when we do so we're told we should just ignore it?  Comical.

I don’t see why us mere mortals and football neophytes should complain when we have one so astute who can point out the sheer genius of Matt Patricia! I mean, he held a quarterback to a mere 16 yards rushing! He gave up a 42 yard 4th quarter bomb for a TD to that same QB and lost the game, but that is beside the point. It’s all about not giving up rushing yards to a QB! That’s what wins games in this league! 

Although Allen did have a rushing TD in the game. Hmm.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/josh-allen-rushes-for-a-3-yard-touchdown

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The last post you replied to of mine doesn't have anything about season averages.

The previous one DID and that's the basis for your continued arguing.

I didn't give you enough discredit for it because I thought you might have realized the mistake by now.:lol:

I've established that the Lions/Pats games greatly contrasted with the other 4 in terms of Allen's rushing yardage.

You didn't like that stat.

But also in those "other" 4 games they averaged 375 yards of offense.........which when projected over the course of the season would have ranked them 9th in the NFL.

That's good and that's the statistical support for the eyeball test they were passing offensively in those games.

In the Lions/Pats games they had only 312 and 289.......an average of 301 yards of offense..........a number would project to 28th in the NFL.

You were saying........"hey we averaged 298 for the season and we had 312 in that Lions game so that's not a drop".............yeah it's not a drop from the 30th ranked yardage offense that they finished up as but it's a BIG drop from the other post-injury Allen games.:doh:

It wasn't insignificant........those defense's knocked 20% of the yardage production off of what the Bills had been doing...........that showed up on the scoreboard.

It was just a poorly thought out argument on your part and this is what happens when you guys get emotional about the subject. 

27 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

What I am saying is that they struggled against the Lions defensive tactics............which the Patriots,  not surprisingly, copied the next week with even more success.

The Bills were riding a wave of offensive momentum coming into that game but were certainly lucky to squeeze past the Lions.........which you'd agree with if Gunner or Bandit was saying it.

What you guys need to let go of is this idea that your constant arguing with well supported points is going to hurt my feelings.............it's not.........it just makes you look kinda' dumb.........others are just too nice to tell you so.:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Somebody has to call you out on the BS you spew, and when they do, you get upset.

YOU envisioned the Bills struggling against Flores.  All I did was envision Daboll succeeding.  Why is your vision valid and beyond attack?

Speculation is NOT what we're doing here.   NOT.  This is not a thread about what anyone thinks might happen in 2019.   This is a discussion about whether McBeane have done a good, bad or indifferent job so far.  It's a discussion, which is advanced by presentation of fact and argument.   YOU tried to score points in support of your view of the Bills' leadership by suggesting your "vision" of Flores.  I pointed out that one's "vision" does not advance the discussion, because I can have my own vision.  

Then, when by example I show that your argument is pointless, you tell me the thread is about speculation,  and if I don't like speculation I should leave the discussion. 

Your behavior demonstrates that you're here to argue and to win, not to have a meaningful discussion.  

Put you on ignore?   I've thought about it, but generally I just don't read what you write.  You're quite knowledgeable about the Bills and you say some interesting things sometimes.  And if I put you on ignore, it makes it more difficult for me to reply once in a while to demonstrate that your idle negative speculation is a useless substitute for logic.  

It's been his MO for years. :beer: 

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What I am saying is that they struggled against the Lions defensive tactics............which the Patriots,  not surprisingly, copied the next week with even more success.

The Bills were riding a wave of offensive momentum coming into that game but were certainly lucky to squeeze past the Lions.........which you'd agree with if Gunner or Bandit was saying it.

What you guys need to let go of is this idea that your constant arguing with well supported points is going to hurt my feelings.............it's not.........it just makes you look kinda' dumb.........others are just too nice to tell you so.:lol:

One game.  They won.  And you spin it negatively and assume that the new HC of the Fish will somehow beat them.  Because it gives you a cute little way to spin something negatively.  Because it's what you do for whatever bizarre reason.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Who was it that said you've forgotten more football than other people have learned? I'm beginning to think they were right.

...but sparks from continually grinding the "negative ax" can be blinding as well, right??....masochistic returnee ad infinitum.....good Lord...

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I dont think there's much question Patricia did a nice job of keeping Allen in the pocket, the best he'd seen to that point since he'd raised his game midseason, and it did hurt our offensive output.

Howevet I re-watched that game a couple months ago and I was actually shocked to see how well Allen played in a game in which we only scored 14. I'm pretty sure that's the game where he converted a 3rd & 10-ish, had a penalty, re-converted again on 3rd & 20-ish, suffered another penalty and we had to punt. There were a number of examples in that game of poor execution by the offense as a whole-- penalties, drops, poor protection and a wanting running game.

However if you think Allen himself was stifled being forced to work from the pocket that day, I implore to watch that game back play-by-play because I don't see it that way at all. I actually think, despite numbers, it was low-key one of his very best days so far. He was accurate and decisive and did not make many, if ANY mistakes. The numbers are what they are but even so, in my opinion 17 balled out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

I dont think there's much question Patricia did a nice job of keeping Allen in the pocket, the best he'd seen to that point since he'd raised his game midseason, and it did hurt our offensive output.

Howevet I re-watched that game a couple months ago and I was actually shocked to see how well Allen played in a game in which we only scored 14. I'm pretty sure that's the game where he converted a 3rd & 10-ish, had a penalty, re-converted again on 3rd & 20-ish, suffered another penalty and we had to punt. There were a number of examples in that game of poor execution by the offense as a whole-- penalties, drops, poor protection and a wanting running game.

However if you think Allen himself was stifled being forced to work from the pocket that day, I implore to watch that game back play-by-play because I don't see it that way at all. I actually think, despite numbers, it was low-key one of his very best days so far. He was accurate and decisive and did not make many, if ANY mistakes. The numbers are what they are but even so, in my opinion 17 balled out.

Yep. Allen actually hurt them from the pocket at times. Thank you Matt Patricia, super genius!

On Allen’s three yard scramble for our first TD in that game, the Lions did a crap job of keeping him in the pocket at all. They lost contain and he beat them when he couldn’t find the open man. And in a goal line situation to boot! Thanks again, football genius Matt Patricia!

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Defensively.

In the 3 games prior to Detroit Josh Allen had rushed for 99, 135 and 101 yards.........against Detroit he ran 9 times for just 16 yards..........the following week against NE he ran 5 times for 30 yards.........then in the finale back to 95 yards rushing against Miami.

Patricia created the gameplan to stop Allen from running wild and nearly pulled off an upset...........then Belichick used it against Allen in that utter domination by the Pats when NE was looking very vulnerable.

Lol, your post are getting down right silly. Sad.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The previous one DID and that's the basis for your continued arguing.

I didn't give you enough discredit for it because I thought you might have realized the mistake by now.:lol:

I've established that the Lions/Pats games greatly contrasted with the other 4 in terms of Allen's rushing yardage.

You didn't like that stat.

But also in those "other" 4 games they averaged 375 yards of offense.........which when projected over the course of the season would have ranked them 9th in the NFL.

That's good and that's the statistical support for the eyeball test they were passing offensively in those games.

In the Lions/Pats games they had only 312 and 289.......an average of 301 yards of offense..........a number would project to 28th in the NFL.

You were saying........"hey we averaged 298 for the season and we had 312 in that Lions game so that's not a drop".............yeah it's not a drop from the 30th ranked yardage offense that they finished up as but it's a BIG drop from the other post-injury Allen games.:doh:

It wasn't insignificant........those defense's knocked 20% of the yardage production off of what the Bills had been doing...........that showed up on the scoreboard.

It was just a poorly thought out argument on your part and this is what happens when you guys get emotional about the subject. 

There isn't a person that gets more emotional than you Baldo.  SEVERAL posters have commented on it and notice it all the time.  I mean look at your exchange with Wawrow.  You literally got your panties in a wad over what he wrote.  

You have a strange machismo on this board.  

It wasn't my basis, you just can't comprehend.  If it was my basis in the next reply, I would have added it.  Nothing literally in that next posted alluded to season averages at all.  Just because you can't comprehend doesn't mean I'm wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

One game.  They won.  And you spin it negatively and assume that the new HC of the Fish will somehow beat them.  Because it gives you a cute little way to spin something negatively.  Because it's what you do for whatever bizarre reason.

I don't assume that at all..............we were discussing scenarios where a repeat of a 6-10 season might lead to The Pegs deciding to cut bait on McDermott and Beane and you and a few others jumped in looking for an argument.:doh:

I assume that they will have a winning season in 2019.............just as I did at this point in 2017 when I said they were taking a 10 win team to training camp while others were making excuses and predicting tanks etc..  

This idea that I am just constantly negative is laughable.    Some of you just seek out things to be mad at other fans about.   Displacing frustration or anger about the teams lack of success I suppose.  

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yep. Allen actually hurt them from the pocket at times. Thank you Matt Patricia, super genius!

On Allen’s three yard scramble for our first TD in that game, the Lions did a crap job of keeping him in the pocket at all. They lost contain and he beat them when he couldn’t find the open man. And in a goal line situation to boot! Thanks again, football genius Matt Patricia!

LOL the Lions brought it.  We were 2.5 favorites at HOME and we both finished 6-10....he's talking like it was an almost major upset.  It was two poor teams with bad offenses playing each other...that's it.