John Warrow’s High Praise For Beane & McDermott Regime

43 minutes ago, K-9 said:

What I know is none of your miserable business. And it wouldn’t add to much here, anyway. 

Time for you to trot out your usual song and dance about your decades long bonafides as a fan that never misses a tailgate and how your are loved and adored by all those who know you personally, then sprinkle in a name drop or two for character reference. You do that every time somebody calls you on the bull crap you continually spew in threads where you have disagreements that inevitably lead to you insulting someone and they choose to call you on your bullcrap. You are clockwork in that regard; as predictable as a Rich Kotite offense. It would be laughable if it wasn’t so pitiful. 

For the last time, stick to your football only takes. It’s your only saving grace around here as you know what you’re talking about in that vein. But your off field game needs a lot work. Starting with the ability to engage people in an honest way without resorting to your bag of insults, condescending blathering, and constant moving of the goal posts when the previous point you were trying to make gets corrected and answered. 

1.  Which is why I question why you are always bringing up the fact that you worked in the ticket office in the first place.    If you don't know sh*t and never did then stop implying you do.

2.  When you tell someone three times that "you don't know who they are and don't care"..........you probably care too much who they are.   In the way that going on Facebook and announcing that people's insults don't hurt you.........in fact, really hurts you.   Either that or you are just tryna' be a haughty jerk but not very good at executing it.   We literally exchanged PM's 3 months ago when I was supporting him in a thread and he has my info in his mailbox. :lol:

3.  I LOVE this tact.   It's how I got Yolo to start adding opinions to his links(you're welcome) and how I intend to get eball off of the booze........or onto something more manly than boxed wine.    But it falls short when you say the game needs work..........how you gonna' get better without practice K-9?

As for you.........YOU stick with being a savage critic of the Buffalo Sabres.   Funny how unforgiving you are there.   I guess you didn't work will-call for the Sabres but in case you hadn't heard the same people that do the hiring there do it for the Bills too.:thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

I think that both men took the Buffalo Bills job not thinking that it was going to be a rebuild and in fact Beane even stated that fact. That said, I don't think it was their first decision to rebuild the entire roster. It just happened that way. They went into the 2017 playoffs with Tyrod Taylor at QB and came away thinking we now need a franchise QB. As good as Taylor was at helping the run game, he just wasn't a good enough pocket passer.  

What happened then was they started evaluating players and came away thinking that they needed to bring in players that would buy into what they wanted to do in Buffalo. Some players weren't buying in and those players needed to be moved out!

You mention that 2014, 9-7 team. Go look at that 2014 roster and who is there that is still with the team? Jerry Hughes is the only one I see. Who is still on the roster from 2016? LeSean McCoy on offense, Jerry Hughes, Lorax, Adolphus Washington. I may have missed some, but nevertheless that number is astounding! 

Draft choices, how many are here from the Nix/Whaley eras since 2010? 2016 first round pick Shaq Lawson? Wow! 2010-2016*, 55 players drafted, one left! 

Beane needed to purge some of the overpaid star players on the Buffalo roster and at least he managed to acquire some draft picks for them.

A 3rd rounder for QB Tyrod Taylor, WOW 

QB Cardale Jones, 7th rounder

WR Sammy Watkins and a 6th round pick for EJ Gains and a 2018 2nd rounder. Sammy Watkins signed a 3 year, $48,000,000 contract with the Kansas City Chiefs, including a $21,000,000 signing bonus, $30,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $16,000,000. All for 40 rec, 519 yards, 3 TDs! 

CB Ronald Darby for WR Jordan Matthews and a 3rd round pick. 

Reggie Ragland for a 4th round pick.

Marcel Dareus for a 6th round pick.  all for one sack, one FF, 23 solo tackles, 2 tackles for a loss, 2 QB hits, one SFTY. Marcell Dareus signed a 2 year, $28,085,000 contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars, including a $5,000,000 signing bonus, $7,835,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $14,042,500.

What Brandon Beane has done with the Buffalo Bills in his short time here is amazing in my view and something that hasn't happened in a long, long time. Build a solid roster, clear the cap space and find a franchise QB.

Barring some disaster of unknown origin, I think we all can agree that this year should be the start of something special going forward for the Buffalo Bills and the fans.

No, Beane absolutely never said it would not be a rebuild. I've asked other people to provide links on that, and none have.

He said it wouldn't be a "tank." Which it wasn't, considering there's never been a tank in football nor probably ever will be. Tank is really a hockey word, maybe another sport or two, but not football.

Go ahead and try to find a link where he said it would not be a rebuild. You won't succeed.

But the rest of your post is on target. I really like the moves he's made. Definitely made some mistakes, as does everyone. But he's established an extremely sensible plan, followed through, and been smart with extreme consistency.

Edited by Thurman#1

23 minutes ago, eball said:

So you’ve been a dick for a good long while then?

“The delusions of grandeur are strong with this one.”

Perhaps you’re laughing at what you think you’re “riling up” around here. Most of us are just laughing at you and enjoying our own fandom. 

1.  Yep........that was our tailgate........the ***** at Pole Six........until they painted a 5 on the pole and ruined it.

2.  You guys and your fandom enjoying are so EXCLUSIVE.   It's like a clique.  So mean.:beer:

11 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

1.  Which is why I question why you are always bringing up the fact that you worked in the ticket office in the first place.    If you don't know sh*t and never did then stop implying you do.

2.  When you tell someone three times that "you don't know who they are and don't care"..........you probably care too much who they are.   In the way that going on Facebook and announcing that people's insults don't hurt you.........in fact, really hurts you.   Either that or you are just tryna' be a haughty jerk but not very good at executing it.   We literally exchanged PM's 3 months ago when I was supporting him in a thread and he has my info in his mailbox. :lol:

3.    I LOVE this tact.   It's how I got Yolo to start adding opinions to his links(you're welcome) and how I intend to get eball off of the booze........or onto something more manly than boxed wine.    But it falls short when you say the game needs work..........how you gonna' get better without practice K-9?

As for you.........YOU stick with being a savage critic of the Buffalo Sabres.   Funny how unforgiving you are there.   I guess you didn't work will-call for the Sabres but in case you hadn't heard the same people that do the hiring there do it for the Bills too.:thumbsup:

Have you tried therapy? It really may be helpful. 

Just now, Augie said:

Have you tried therapy? It really may be helpful. 

Therapy is for soy boys.  Real ultimate warriors like me and Gugny, and Paulus are out there dealing with our emotions the only way we know how.  Cutting the heads off dead guys. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Therapy is for soy boys.  Real ultimate warriors like me and Gugny, and Paulus are out there dealing with our emotions the only way we know how.  Cutting the heads off dead guys. 

Are you taking suggestions? 

I’m a pretty good tipper, except at hotels, apparently..... 

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Ohhhhhhh..........I thought you were out of this thread when you questioned my fandom.    That's kinda' the nuke button on a fan website JW..........but you aren't a fan so I guess you didn't know(or maybe just wouldn't understand us pleebs).

But that's how it works here JW.........you go full ah*le you are going to get feedback...........and all I know about you is you report stuff and are otherwise a snob on TSW who likes to tell people that HE doesn't know that HE doesn't care who they are.    I guess because you CLEARLY think the feeling isn't mutual?   How could it be, right? 

I've defended Tim Graham here a lot because people went out of their way to attack him.   And some of those royal A-holes are in this thread.  

That wasn't the case here.   You just went full snob when I asked you to expand upon your choice of words.    You could have just said, "hey I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt" and diffused it.........but that was beneath you until "I questioned your professionalism".   It's a good thing you aren't writing opinion pieces because your online skin makes TG's look downright leathery.

And as I've told you before, my "anonymity" is not a thing.      I've had the same name here since 1998 and before that at this board's predecessor.   You know Lori Chase........she is a good friend of mine and tailgates with me every game.   She speaks highly of you (even though none of the other 30 or so people there but her and I know who the hell she is talking about.:lol:) Dozens of people on this board know me personally.    I tailgate in the same place every game every week.    Missed only two tailgates since 1994 and co-hosted the unofficial TBD tailgate for years.   We are all registered here in our names with Scott(and some of the out of towners that don't come to games are probably also registered with their local law enforcement) so I guess we are certified consumers of entertainment.    I'm a real person right here in good Ol' WNY like you JW.  

Or wait.......maybe I'm not a REAL person........perhaps you can be the judge of that too Jdub.:thumbsup:

yup.

still questioning your fandom.

it’s quite apparent you’re a poseur.

jw

17 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

yup.

still questioning your fandom.

it’s quite apparent you’re a poseur.

jw

That's it!

That's ***** it!:censored:

All these years I've been on the Pulitzer Board trying to get support for you and Dana's like "if you don't stop pushing your Buffalo-buddy's work we are going to have to ask you to re-consider your membership" and I'm like "he doesn't even know or care who I am!" and then you do this to me??

TWICE!

That hurts.   That's $15K you are NEVER gonna' see now!

It truly pains me to see you guys bicker like this.  I think everyone knows me as a bashful guy, rather timid when it comes to confrontation,  affable, you might even say easy or loose.  A guy who tries to see the good in everyone and but I have to say I'm downright disappointed in the behavior I am witnessing in this thread. 

To me you guys are like the zany uncles I had growing up who are no longer with us since they legally aren't allowed within 500 feet.  And you newbies are like the kids that I likely intend to support should paternity ever be proven one rainy day.   It just breaks my heart when you fight.     

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

It truly pains me to see you guys bicker like this.  I think everyone knows me as a bashful guy, rather timid when it comes to confrontation,  affable, you might even say easy or loose.  A guy who tries to see the good in everyone and but I have to say I'm downright disappointed in the behavior I am witnessing in this thread. 

To me you guys are like the zany uncles I had growing up who are no longer with us since they legally aren't allowed within 500 feet.  And you newbies are like the kids that I likely intend to support should paternity ever be proven one rainy day.   It just breaks my heart when you fight.     

Like most shy people I know you'd cringe to be called an introvert.........but it's that ability to reach deep inside that makes your words so poignant.   Distilled waters run deep.   

You are a credit to your peace-loving, conflict averse Apache namesake...........let this be the first step toward peace among our tribes. 

• Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

No, Beane absolutely never said it would not be a rebuild. I've asked other people to provide links on that, and none have.

He said it wouldn't be a "tank." Which it wasn't, considering there's never been a tank in football nor probably ever will be. Tank is really a hockey word, maybe another sport or two, but not football.

Go ahead and try to find a link where he said it would not be a rebuild. You won't succeed.

But the rest of your post is on target. I really like the moves he's made. Definitely made some mistakes, as does everyone. But he's established an extremely sensible plan, followed through, and been smart with extreme consistency.

As for the rebuilding, I seem to recall some media posts from 2017 where they both stated they didn't want to rebuild.

"As a first-year coach facing the NFL's fifth-hardest schedule, the odds are stacked against McDermott succeeding in the short term, but he refuses to use the word "rebuild" to describe the philosophy being embraced by him and new general manager Brandon Beane. "That's not it at all. It's about winning football games," 

http://www.espn.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/83848/buffalo-bills-coach-sean-mcdermott-avoiding-rebuilding-label-in-2017

Bills not ready to talk rebuild

https://www.lockportjournal.com/sports/bills-not-ready-to-talk-rebuild/article_5d109a32-d307-5e51-83ba-fe986288aa00.html

I think you're right on the tank vs rebuild thing as those two links were all I could find. 

10 hours ago, K-9 said:

Doubling down on your doucheness I see. 

Perhaps the most ignorant take I’ve seen in my 21 years of participating in this community. Had you taken the time to better acquaint yourself with JW’s work over the years, you’d know your classless attack on his professionalism was as far out of line as it gets; just a completely baseless claim. Somehow I doubt you have the stuff to make the effort to educate yourself on the subject though. 

You owe JW an apology and if I had the power to do so, I’d ban your ineffectual ass until you do so. 

I don't owe Wawrow any apology.  I criticized his article because I felt that he was simply repeating "the company line" from the Bills FO and he took exception to that.  That's fine.  It's a discussion.  Since then, however, he's personally insulted me at least twice.  He's also personally insulted/attacked other posters who dared criticize his views.  In this thread, he's repeatedly wrapped himself in his professional connections/knowledge when making his case for his views, but he's repeated sunk to ad hominem attacks on those who disagree with his views.  That's most unprofessional.  

PS -- I'm not surprised that you're taking up his cause since you, too, apparently have difficulty with opinions that don't mirror your own.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I have commented in the past that reporters should probably quit posting their emails or twitter accounts or participate in sites like this, because it seems when you try and then have a dialog they get all pissy about things.  Wawrow not so much usually; Graham is the king of that. So I would say Mr. Wawrow might want to consider not interacting in a forum such as this, because for him it's a no win situation.  That said, it is abundantly clear that there are some posters on this board (just like there was on the BBMB back in the day) who take some kind of perverse joy in constantly being negative about things associated with the Bills.  I used to think it was a defense mechanism given the state of the team for years, but now I think it is obvious some do this because they think it's cute to get a rise out of folks and give themselves some sort of bizarre ego boost.

7 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I don't owe Wawrow any apology.  I criticized his article because I felt that he was simply repeating "the company line" from the Bills FO and he took exception to that.  That's fine.  It's a discussion.  Since then, however, he's personally insulted me at least twice.  He's also personally insulted/attacked other posters who dared criticize his views.  In this thread, he's repeatedly wrapped himself in his professional connections/knowledge when making his case for his views, but he's repeated sunk to ad hominem attacks on those who disagree with his views.  That's most unprofessional.  

PS -- I'm not surprised that you're taking up his cause since you, too, apparently have difficulty with opinions that don't mirror your own.

Insulting one’s professionalism in his line of work is “discussion?” You said a lot more than simply provide a critique of his article. You flat out stated, in not so many words, that his very ability to do his job DEPENDED on him being a shill for the organization; perhaps the worst thing you can accuse a journalist of being. You invited and deserved every response he made in kind. 

Per the bold text, If JW insulted you in a published AP article, you could fairly say “that’s most unprofessional.” In this forum? In response to your baseless attack? Wrong. 

I suggest you re-read your give and take with him in this thread. Your chronology, like your integrity, is way off. 

There is a way of conducting give and take in a forum without resorting to your kind of low brow, childish behavior. Get a clue. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, K-9 said:

You owe JW an apology and if I had the power to do so, I’d ban your ineffectual ass until you do so. 

K-9, you think that he owes JW an apology and that this poster should be banned.

I think that we should leave decisions about who is banned in the hands of SDS who built this site and the mods who run it. If we all start calling for the banning posters because we dislike their views or even style of delivery, we will be "telling on each other" and resemble a first grade class.

This site didn't become great by all of us sitting around spewing the same views over and over. I have good relationships with posters (one in particular who is in this thread) who I have disagreed with on numerous issues for years. And ya know what? Sometimes I was dead ass wrong and other times I was 100% on the money.

Its all good.

• Thank you (+1) 1