John Warrow’s High Praise For Beane & McDermott Regime

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Read my edit in the previous post.

1 minute ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Will Clark, Griffey and hell, even John Olerud had sweeter swings.

My teeth hurt even taking about them.

I don't want to hijack this thread.  Yous two seem like real nice fellas.  So let's just agree to disagree.

but you're both wrong.

20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I hate to do this to you in public.  But you're wrong.  No one had a sweeter swing than Strawberry.  Smooth ... fluid ... powerful.  Nothing comes close.

Strawberry couldn’t hold a candle to this guy:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cf584496844554d41

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That's why I thought he was going to struggle.  

Had he come to us he probably would have......the Chiefs were so much more prepared to cultivate a QB......kid hardly played his first year and went into his second with a LOT of help.   His center is coming to help Josh Allen for christ sake

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You are more wrong than non-alcohol beer.

John Olerud had a sweeter swing than Strawberry.

......Olerud was special to watch....but remember seeing Strawberry MANY years ago when he was coming up with the Tidewater Tides (Mets Triple A club) in the International League....playing against the Rochester Red Wings....hit a monster shot that cleared the clock in dead center at 430 feet, easily by 20 feet.....only player ever to do it in the history of the stadium was Mack Jones of the Syracuse Chiefs....he just had a monster wheel house.......

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Blame Pegula if you want. We didn't hire the next GM until after that draft. So who picks the QB, the defensive coach coming from a team that wasn't scouting QBs? There was no chance we were taking a QB that year. They certainly weren't going to go off of the scouting done by the lame duck GM and scouting staff. They had to cobble that draft together from Carolina's draft board. It's a miracle it went as well as it did. The eye was always on 2018 for drafting a QB, and if Allen turns out to be good the first 2 years won't mean a thing.

Considering the EJ pick, if I'm McD I don't trust Whaley or his scouts to find a QB in that draft.  If put myself in McDs shoes, Tre While was a great pick while adding the Chiefs 1st round pick @ #27, a third round pick and the Chiefs 2018 1st round pick.

Mahomes was ranked the second best quarterback by SI.com, the third best by ESPN, and the fourth best by NFLDraftScout.com

Let's see if Mahomes can carry that offense this year without his star RB, WR. After all, he still has his star TE and Sammy.

On 5/31/2019 at 12:55 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

JW I apologize if I offended you with my pretty reasonable/debatable responses.

Here's a less friendly take..........I absolutely take offense to your misuse the language to IMO slant a take from your sources.

I also understand that the landscape for journalists has been changing and there is no financial/career advantage in you giving anything less than maximum benefit of the doubt to the organization you are paid to cover.

We "couldn't afford to pay Robert Woods $8M" looks a lot better to the organization than "we were pretty certain he wasn't worth $8M" and then having him go put up 2K yards in his first two years in LA.

Originally I thought maybe you were just eased into that mindset by a very media friendly GM.............unfortunately my opinion has changed.

It's unfortunate when your local AP rep can't even be objective but I guess that's the way it is.

Good day sir!:thumbsup:

son of a fart.

i have absolutely no f-in clue who you are, nor do i care as you hide behind your veil of anonymity in being able to call out people and their professions directly.

good for you. i'd like to have that advantage.

like the way you weave in a narrative there without the benefit of facts, in suggesting you know what i do and how i go about doing it.

i give the benefit of the doubt to all people i cover, as it is my job to be impartial. it's only when i gain enough perspective based on my own discussions, my own eyes, and the results put forth before me when i begin gaining a semblance of perspective.

you, on the other hand, have elected to place the cart directly before the horse and advance to let's move on with this crew.

you're more than free to do that.

and yet, don't project your biases on what i do and how i go about doing it.

this sycophantic narcissm of placing your values on me just because i posted something positive is your issue, but now you've made it mine by questioning my professionalism.

easy for you to attempt to put me on the defensive as i don't know who you are except for some acned-teenager with a keyboard fetish.

it's unfortunate that i have to respond like this, but you've brought it on yourself as it's been clear through the little time i've gotten to know you that i've gained a clear sense of perspective of how small-minded you are.

jw

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

On 6/2/2019 at 7:52 AM, SoTier said:

What you seem to be is a reporter whose access to the team is dependent upon putting positive spin on whatever the team does and who gets very defensive when posters here criticize your acceptance of the conditions for your access.

Another member of the "No Critiicism of the Bills Allowed" Brigade heard from!

here's two words.

bull and *****

jw

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't want to hijack this thread.  Yous two seem like real nice fellas.  So let's just agree to disagree.

but you're both wrong.

Next thing you’re going to tell me is you think Troy Percival had a smoother delivery than John Smoltz.

3 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

son of a fart.

i have absolutely no f-in clue who you are, nor do i care as you hide behind your veil of anonymity in being able to call out people and their professions directly.

like the way you weave in a narrative there without the benefit of facts, in suggesting you know what i do and how i go about doing it.

i give the benefit of the doubt to all people i cover, as it is my job to be impartial. it's only when i gain enough perspective based on my own discussions, my own eyes, and the results put forth before me when i begin gaining a semblance of perspective.

you, on the other hand, have elected to place the cart directly before the horse and advance to let's move on with this crew.

this sycophantic narcissm of placing your values on me just because i posted something positive is your issue, but now you've made it mine by questioning my professionalism.

easy for you to attempt to put me on the defensive as i don't know who you are except for some acned-teenager with a keyboard fetish.

it's unfortunate that i have to respond like this, but you've brought it on yourself as it's been clear through the little time i've gotten to know you that i've gained a clear sense of perspective of how small-minded you are.

jw

...WELL stated JW.....we have three or four here that the effin' Sun chooses to hide from......it's less painful than listening to their sensuous, bountiful, negative diatribes..they humor us with their masochistic posts but STILL insist on following the Bills.....take a nitro pill, sip some fine Cabernet and keep "doing what you're doing"...:thumbsup:..

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

son of a fart.

jw

Don't allow yourself to be sucked into this wrestling match in the sewer. What this self-anointed football genius is doing is not commenting on what you are saying but essentially challenging your integrity and professionalism. According to his twisted logic if you are not giving a scathing criticism of everything this franchise is doing then you are succumbing to their exploitation of you.  

I'm confident that you can handle challenges and criticisms on everything you say or report without being affronted. But what is unacceptable is this too frequent  insinuation and very often more explicit questioning of your integrity and professionalism. Some people believe that they are oracles who preside over the village inhabited by the stupid peasants. What triggers their condescending and belittling responses is that these pompous characters can't handle people who have the audacity to disagree with their world view. 

Do you know the best way to deal with these self-absorbed and insufferable characters? Don't bother. They are not worth it and nothing is to be gained. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...WELL stated JW.....we have three or four here that the effin' Sun chooses to hide from......it's less painful than listening to their sensuous, bountiful, negative diatribes..they humor us with their masochistic posts but STILL insist on following the Bills.....take a nitro pill, sip some fine Cabernet and keep "doing what you're doing"...:thumbsup:..

Sometimes it’s not just what you do.......but how you do it. 

33 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

here's two words.

bull and *****

jw

I admire your restraint. Had I seen his post earlier, I would have lost it and I’m not even the one whose professionalism he insulted. 

Anyway, as others have said over the years, thanks for taking the time to visit and share some thoughts in this forum now and again. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Magox said:

Whaley should be part of an NFL FO just not the GM.

That is exactly my opinion hence comment about "Unfortunately the way egos are in NFL people are usually not willing to step down to lower role even if choice is being fired and I think the guaranteed contracts contribute to that."  For the second time Bills tapped someone in Pittsburgh organization and for second time results were not as desired.

24 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

You don't know JW very well. He's not into fine wines. He's more interested in going into these hole in the wall bars to drink obscure beers and listen to exotic music not suitable for the masses. :D

16 minutes ago, Buffalophil1948 said:

He is going to miss the leader of his oline Morse the most IMO.

You would think that Reid would have a plan in place for a backup and Morse was injured last season and they didn't offer him more to stay. 

"For one, the Chiefs have a decent backup set to takeover Morse’s spot in Austin Reiter. He played in 11 games last year and did just fine in his role as a starter.

The second reason the Chiefs moved on is because of Morse being injury prone. The sole reason Reiter got to prove himself in the starting center role is because Morse was banged up all the time."

https://kckingdom.com/2019/03/12/kansas-city-chiefs-moving-on-from-mitch-morse-not-surprising/

His injury history:

• 2015: concussion Week 12, missed one game
  • 2015: concussion Week 17, missed playoffs
  • 2017: foot sprain Week 2, missed 5 games
  • 2017: re-aggravation foot sprain in Week 13, placed on IR, missed 5 games
  • 2018: concussion Week 6, missed 5 games

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/3/14/18265043/2019-free-agency-should-buffalo-bills-be-worried-mitch-morse-concussion-history-kansas-city-chiefs

Currently, 

Bills C Mitch Morse underwent core-muscle surgery.

Morse is sitting out OTAs because of the issue, but it is unlikely it lingers into training camp. Morse is expected to start at center after signing a four-year, $44.5 million contract in March.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/8759/mitch-morse

6 hours ago, eball said:

Their argument will always be that the new coach/GM could/should have drafted Mahomes or Watson in 2017.  

^^^

5 hours ago, Rico said:

That argument will be null and void though once Josh proves he’s better than them. ;)

Well, before Allen gets to prove he's better than Mahomes or Watson, he'll have to prove that he's a bonafide NFL starting QB, something that he's not done yet.  Personally, I don't think the Bills have nearly enough offensive talent on the sidelines or on the field to enable him to do more in 2019 than prove 1) he's not a bust and maybe 2) that he could become a very good QB in the future.  

4 hours ago, Magox said:

That is some observation there.    "they could have had".

These retrospective arguments are vapid.  We could play this game with every single NFL organization in every single draft.  Should have Would have Could have.   Beane wasn't in charge and McD wasn't going to let Whaley who was a lame duck GM make that decision, specially after his last QB he drafted flamed out.

What's vapid is continually demanding "accountabiilty" from players and assistant coaches but constantly making excuses for bad decisions from the ownership, GM and HC.

• Like (+1) 1