John Warrow’s High Praise For Beane & McDermott Regime

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Come on.  There was good discourse back and forth - would hate to see it reduced to "you're not a real fan if you're critical of the product."

It was pretty much just JW evading detail for things that he said.

That's his prerogative but why even go the opinion route if you don't want to expand on it?

Just throw it on the pile with the other "they are good and that's all I really gotta' say about that" takes.:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, RochesterLifer said:

Honestly Coach, I haven't found this to be "good discourse" at all. While JW is sharing his (quality) thoughts and information, BADOLBILZ has petulantly and pointlessly argued with every post, as if taking on a sportswriter is providing 15 minutes of fame. I look forward to what JW has to share and have had to tolerate BADOLBILZ' (I want ice cream!!!!!!) grade school level responses to read it.

Serious question.....are you going to provide us with some pertinent comments or are you here to critique a poster who has been here for decades, and may have forgotten more than you will ever know about football. I suggest that you read his posts, evaluate them, and perhaps learn something, or at the very least, consider a point of view that doesn't necessarily coincide with yours.

If you want to read nothing but rah-rah type posts, you might consider signing onto some of these "grade school" sites about which you speak instead of coming here with the sole intent of insulting our members.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That's his prerogative but why even go the opinion route if you don't want to expand on it?

Just throw it on the pile with the other "they are good and that's all I really gotta' say about that" takes.:thumbsup:

You're the king of no details..just spewing out crap because you need attention.

Edited by jeremy2020

I just cannot believe after what we witnessed for the 17 years before Beane and McDermott that anyone would or even could think we are trending the wrong way.

Even if it takes 5 more years we will never be basement dwellers with these 2 at the helm and will always be trending upwards, and wil be able to make moves as needed. This much I feel extremely confident about

38 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Serious question.....are you going to provide us with some pertinent comments or are you here to critique a poster who has been here for decades, and may have forgotten more than you will ever know about football. I suggest that you read his posts, evaluate them, and perhaps learn something, or at the very least, consider a point of view that doesn't necessarily coincide with yours.

If you want to read nothing but rah-rah type posts, you might consider signing onto some of these "grade school" sites about which you speak instead of coming here with the sole intent of insulting our members.

I don't know Bill, your "Serious question" quickly devolves into a defensive rant. Despite that, I'll give a brief, somewhat serious answer:

- I did not critique a poster, merely his argumentative responses in this discussion. 

- I also did not critique this site (which I very much enjoy), merely the argumentative responses in this discussion

- You are correct, I rarely post. When I do, it is usually supportive of the conversation at hand. That's just my personality.

- Finally, I am sorry to read that BADOLBILZ may have forgotten a lot of football. I hope he gets his memory back.

Does being from NYC, Bill, contribute to your effervescent style of communications?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

I don't know Bill, your "Serious question" quickly devolves into a defensive rant. Despite that, I'll give a brief, somewhat serious answer:

- I did not critique a poster, merely his argumentative responses in this discussion. 

- I also did not critique this site (which I very much enjoy), merely the argumentative responses in this discussion

- You are correct, I rarely post. When I do, it is usually supportive of the conversation at hand. That's just my personality.

- Finally, I am sorry to read that BADOLBILZ may have forgotten a lot of football. I hope he gets his memory back.

Does being from NYC, Bill, contribute to your effervescent style of communications?

LOL it might.

That said, I do repeat my suggestion that by looking over his posts, the possibility that you will learn something does exist.

Be well!!! :)

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Commsvet11 said:

Here is the issue, there are people like BADOLBILZ, who share the same idea about the current FO, but here is the problem, in the off-season you get crucified for it even if you back it with facts .....and during the regular season you get told “you just hoping to be right more than the Bills team/player succeeding” even though during the whole year one presented this view and crucified for it and told “you are not a Bills” or “Go root for another team”. 

Negative.....Bado gets his grief because of the way he responds to those who have a different viewpoint.   It really is as simple as that.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I am going to say it does NOT go on that pile because he is in a position to know what is going on behind the scenes which you do not.

Bado has great takes....he knows his football...he is also is very abrasive....period

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

LOL it might.

That said, I do repeat my suggestion that by looking over his posts, the possibility that you will learn something does exist.

Be well!!! :)

Ha, thanks. Here's a phrase I'll bet we agree on - Go Bills! :)  Have a great weekend!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I am going to say it does NOT go on that pile because he is in a position to know what is going on behind the scenes which you do not.

Bado has great takes....he knows his football...he is also is very abrasive....period

John, we have known each other for years. We can all be a bit abrasive, no?

My take is that this site is great because of the differing views, not in spite of them.

• Like (+1) 1

I love what Beane has done in his time here!  While both Beane and McD have made mistakes in certain players and some hires for assistants they have been fairly quick to make changes. Beane brought in a big, tall WR  that the team has needed in forever and it just so happened that the player just didn't want to do his job. Charles Clay was somewhat in that mold. McD replaced OC Rick Dennison, WR coach Terry Robskie, ST coach Danny Crossman, Run game coordinator/ O line coach Juan Castillo.  When these men failed to do a good job they were replaced! 

Beane in free agency added some experienced tough veteran players and in the draft he went to BPA and filled a need at the same time. In the 2018 draft QB Josh Allen was a need and BPA, Tremaine Edmunds was a need and BPA. In the 2019 DT Ed Oliver was a need and BPA, Cody Ford was a need and BPA. 

Not to mention some of the gold the man has found in free agent aside from the free agency period in CB Levi Wallace and WR Robert Foster who could both be tops at their positions this season. 

Gotta love the wheeling and dealing to move around in the draft to get the players they want...and without giving up the farm or two first rounders to do it. Bills fans should be as ecstatic as I am because this looks like Bill Polian all over again. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Bill from NYC said:

John, we have known each other for years. We can all be a bit abrasive, no?

My take is that this site is great because of the differing views, not in spite of them.

Bill...I agree with all of that.  However there is a difference between having a different take and the talking down to ppl that Bado does......

I myself have been guilty of it....I have apologized for it and moved on trying to treat ppl with respect here regardless of their opinion....you will NEVER hear Bado apologize for his treatment of others here.

Civility on this site is still considerably better than other message boards I have frequented over the years. The old BBMB was capricious and often filled with rancorous exchanges. JW seems to me to be a straight shooter. I don't believe he is influenced by Beane. It may just be that the current regime is largely competent, though they make mistakes like everyone else. Personally, I value his insight and believe he brings information we would not otherwise have. Badolbilz is also often insightful, though almost always negative and astringent. Since I tend to be optimistic, I appreciate the counterbalance. It makes me scrutinize my own positions, though I don't often change them:P

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I mean maybe it's not a GREAT apology but...

Its a covered dig at JW.......its a non apology apology :P

I mean....JW is a big boy and doesnt need me defending him.....I am just saying that you dont have to be an ass just because you have football knowledge which Bado obviously does

I know lots of smart football poster's that DONT have to be an ass to get their opinion across

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Civility on this site is still considerably better than other message boards I have frequented over the years. The old BBMB was capricious and often filled with rancorous exchanges. JW seems to me to be a straight shooter. I don't believe he is influenced by Beane. It may just be that the current regime is largely competent, though they make mistakes like everyone else. Personally, I value his insight and believe he brings information we would not otherwise have. Badolbilz is also often insightful, though almost always negative and astringent. Since I tend to be optimistic, I appreciate the counterbalance. It makes me scrutinize my own positions, though I don't often change them:P

This site used to be a LOT worse.....I feel like the mods have done a pretty good job cleaning it up in that regard.  Kudos to them.

• Like (+1) 2