John Warrow’s High Praise For Beane & McDermott Regime

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Love what they've done with the offensive line.

The recievers and pass rush still concern me, not sure they have enough there, more so at reciever, but assuming Allen continues to progress there should be no reason this team isnt competing for a playoff spot come late December.

I'd like to see another WR with size.  I think Ed Oliver is going to help the pass rush quite a bit.  Not only will he be more disruptive than Kyle Williams was at the end of his career, (and I love Kyle Williams) his elite skill set and athleticism is going to pull attention away from Jerry Hughes.  Hopefully, Shaq Lawson will continue to improve on the other side, and maybe with another year removed from his injury, Buffalo can get something from Trent Murphy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The wideout crop in this year’s draft is weak overall. That is why we hit the bin big time in free agency. There was no need to reach for mediocrity when we could get the mediocrity during free agency and use the draft for high quality. 

Free agency where the draft is weak. Draft the year’s strong positions (we got a top 3 overall DLineman at #9. Sick). Who cares that we missed DK?

Edited by Jumpsuit Jim
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Exciting times. Need to make the playoffs this year though. 

Yes it is.   If/when this team gets 6-8 wins this year I'd start over with a new vision.

As someone said, the record will do the talking.  The rest is just typical off-season Bills Kool Aid drinking.

• Sad 1

Agree with Wawrow 100%.

This is by far the best I’ve felt about any Bills regime since Polian. I actually have faith in our front office and coaching staff, and it feels great! 

I mean.....

Just listen to their press conference.

how could you Not love these guys? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Day 3 .. time to draft a punter to help with ST's

I don't know about drafting one but they definitely need to bring in some competition, either by late draft pick, rookie FA or street FA.

37 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean I know people were angry they didn't get a WR yesterday but they had to know people wanted that and they got the guys they wanted. That's not a bad sign.

I have a feeling they're going to make a trade for a WR. I don't think this is the WR group we'll go into the season with.

2 minutes ago, MDH said:

I have a feeling they're going to make a trade for a WR. I don't think this is the WR group we'll go into the season with.

We kind of already upgraded the WR corps already with two new players abd actually building an offensive line to buy time for routes to develop.

5 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

We kind of already upgraded the WR corps already with two new players abd actually building an offensive line to buy time for routes to develop.

Yeah we did, but I still don't think they're satisfied with it and will make more attempts to upgrade it this year. They might not be able to but I think they'll keep trying based on the attempt to get AB and the talk of a trade with Atlanta.

8 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

How do we compare against the other strong and rising teams of the AFC? The Patriots, Chiefs, Chargers, Browns, Ravens, Jets, Colts, Broncos, Jags, Steelers

What's the script that allows us to run through each of these teams in January?

Jags!?!?!?

18 minutes ago, MDH said:

Yeah we did, but I still don't think they're satisfied with it and will make more attempts to upgrade it this year. They might not be able to but I think they'll keep trying based on the attempt to get AB and the talk of a trade with Atlanta.

If they can upgrade, I believe they will.  I can’t see this front office trading a 1st round pick for Julio Jones

Somebody needs to help John with Twitter and character limits...but great points all around. Trading up in front of the Patriots and grabbing Knox tells me Beane is willing to move around the board and paying attention to what is going on, which is way different than what we are used to around here. 

Remember how how painful and confusing it was for Buddy to trade up for TJ Graham? It's like he did not know what he was doing. Beane is a pro. He gets it and he's smart. You may not always choose the right players, but how can anyone argue against the process? Let's see what the results are. 

5 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

LOL many here have wanted them

both fired and were like “We never should’ve gotten rid of Doug Marrone” or”Doug Whaley was a better GM than Beane”. ??????

I would offer you $5 for every documented instance of someone here posting either of those things, but it wouldn't be fair right now

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would offer you $5 for every documented instance of someone here posting either of those things, but it wouldn't be fair right now

Not to mention that Marrone opted out, the Bills didn't get rid of him. That just leaves statements of Whaley being better than Beane...

?

Edited by MDH

19 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Jags!?!?!?

If they can upgrade, I believe they will.  I can’t see this front office trading a 1st round pick for Julio Jones

They just signed a Super Bowl MVP QB and have a top tier defense. If you aren't considering them at minimum better than us on paper, you're making a mistake.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1