New O-Line; From 31st to top 5 in one off season?

When the Bills drafted Ford, my reaction was they must feel better about Dawkins than I thought. Ford’s upside seems to be RT. Are they really thinking a 33 year old Nsekhe is a LT? Mark Gaughan’s conclusion is exactly that. What do you guys think?

https://buffalonews.com/2019/04/26/cody-ford-buffalo-bills-right-tackle-nfl-draft-offensive-line-new-starters-analysis/

Edited by chris heff

They’re thinking all out battle, cream rises to the top and best man wins across the line. Morse is the only 100% given for his position. 

The beauty of it all is most if not all the free agents can play multiple spots. Going to be a difficult cut down this year as some pretty good players won’t make this team 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, chris heff said:

In Dawkins defense he did go from playing with Incognito and Wood to a revolving door, a rookie and two guys that aren’t starting centers. I hope Dawkins rebounds.

Exactly this. Incognito was a huge loss for Dawkins.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, chris heff said:

In Dawkins defense he did go from playing with Incognito and Wood to a revolving door, a rookie and two guys that aren’t starting centers. I hope Dawkins rebounds.

Good LTs shouldn’t need a crutch.  He was awful.  

Edited by CaptnCoke11

Guys, seriously, as was mentioned during a phone conversation with Bagel from this board earlier today...how fun is preseason going to be?

we honestly could be looking at olinemen playing into the third and fourth quarter in front of Barkley that may end up starting for this team.  Our fourth quarter preseason line might end being made up entirely of multi-year nfl starters.

i know it is just preseason, but may I please claim 3-1 right now?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

5 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Guys, seriously, as was mentioned during a phone conversation with Bagel from this board earlier today...how fun is preseason going to be?

we honestly could be looking at olinemen playing into the third and fourth quarter in front of Barkley that may end up starting for this team.

i know it is just preseason, but may I please claim 3-1 right now?

With the Oline situation we probably will play well in the second half of the first 2 games. Experienced guys blocking nobodies and our fancy new RB feasting.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, chris heff said:

When the Bills drafted Ford, my reaction was they must feel better about Dawkins than I thought. Ford’s upside seems to be RT. Are they really thinking a 33 year old Nsekhe is a LT? Mark Gaughan’s conclusion is exactly that. What do you guys think?

https://buffalonews.com/2019/04/26/cody-ford-buffalo-bills-right-tackle-nfl-draft-offensive-line-new-starters-analysis/

Good article but if Dawkins doesn’t win a tackle spot, I think he gets moved to guard.  Part of what they value is flexibility.  I can see Dion sitting while he has the ability and knowledge to play guard

• Like (+1) 1

I agree with OP's original sense; though I add a slower timeline.

From my fan experience, it seems that offensive line players take time to gel together. If you do a change out on offensive line.. it will take sometime for the new guy to synch up and get used to each other. When you change multiple positions in one training camp (seems likely here) the problem is amplified.

I hope fans are patient when the starting unit may not be up to speed the first four of five games this year.

I expect a Top-5 offensive line in 2020. We'll see glimpses of it in late 2019.

• Like (+1) 1

Always exciting with new pieces to work with and a new coach.  Hopefully the new coach can quickly identify the "best 5" and get the continuity started.

Not the same at all, but somewhat similar to what Indy did with their o-line last year.  That certainly worked out very well for them.

My guess:  Dawkins    Teller       Morse       Spain      Ford

15 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Dawkins  Spain  Morse  Ford  Nsekhe

Those are probably the top 5.

Ford goes to RT 2020 season 

I think this is pretty much how it will go !!!

im not sure if it’s a top 5 or 25 but it sure is ALOT better then what we had last year , 

and we should also feel good about the depth we now have ?

Go Bills !!!! 

• Like (+1) 1