Will the Bills go to camp with 9 RBs?

2 hours ago, Tsaikotic said:

well first, Wade doesn't count towards the 53 so its actually 8 guys that would count...DiMarco could be gone and we end the FB position in Buffalo... Murphy, Ford and Perry...do any of these guys have PS eligibility?

Lots of fans seem to hate DiMarco and want him gone, but it seems that those in the building like him and view him as a leader. I think he stays.

22 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

The question was, will they bring 9 to camp? I say, "No." I think one or two will be sent packing after the first mini-camp.

okay, I'll go with the question as crazy as it is to think 9 will go in to camp, no, they will not. my misunderstanding, if they have 4 going in, one will be cut by the deadline.

3 going in to the final 53

honestly, why even the question this early when common sense should tell one there is no way in hell they keep all these rb/fb...common sense

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

okay, I'll go with the question as crazy as it is to think 9 will go in to camp, no, they will not. my misunderstanding, if they have 4 going in, one will be cut by the deadline.

3 going in to the final 53

honestly, why even the question this early when common sense should tell one there is no way in hell they keep all these rb/fb...common sense

I agree with you. I didn't ask it, I was just clarifying what the OP asked.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

He was third though, and played mostly once McCoy and ivory got banged up

My point is that a third round pick with all the talent,versus a free agent not drafted by the bills.

With the influx of young talent on offense, why would/should this team keep McCoy?  He's done after this year.  I know you could say the same about Gore, but for some reason they obviously feel he's a good option to help develop the younger guys.  A guy like Gore has earned the right to say when he's done.  He didn't sign here thinking he could be a camp casualty.  Plus he's really inexpensive.  At this stage McCoy isn't going to bring anything special to the table.  Obviously he's expensive, too, but throw that out.  Good to great teams seem to grow together at the core positions.  Faulk was much better than McCoy has ever been and the Colts were willing cut the cord. 

Not sure what we could fetch for McCoy. A 6th? I can't be the only one who noticed how stagnant the offense was when he was in there. He had a handful of good runs and a nice game. But he is not the same bad man he used to be. The offense actually had a better flow when Murphy and Ford were in there.  More 2nd and 7 and 3rd and manageable type downs. 

8 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

It's pretty crazy that 1 out of every 10 players on the Bills roster is an RB/FB.

McCoy

Gore

Singletary

DiMarco

Yeldon

Murphy

Ford

Perry

Wade

Your order looks about right to me. 

Bottom 4 need to have their agent looking for a place to land.

Yeldon /DiMarco are on the bubble too. 

Singletary is probably the only one that’s  99.99999% guaranteed to be on the opening day roster.  

8 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

It's pretty crazy that 1 out of every 10 players on the Bills roster is an RB/FB.

McCoy

Gore

Singletary

DiMarco

Yeldon

Murphy

Ford

Perry

Wade

Especially when you consider it is not 1965.

GO BILLS!

3 hours ago, Toesy said:

a RB going to the NFL-if he doesn't have it from day one he isn't going to get it.

This isn’t exactly true. Its true of running the ball but there’s a reason coaches don't start talented HBs their rookie year - they don't understand protections. Putting a rookie in the backfield is a great way of getting your QB killed.