"The Bills are winning this Draft" - Per Matt Miller

Scorp83

Even though I know in my heart this is a good draft... I'm left a tad disappointed that we haven't address WR yet... but man Adam Lefkoe, Matt Miller & Conner Rogers just gave our GM the highest praise I've ever seen in a longtime!

It's definitely a treat for every person on this board to watch this video! 

They even went so far to call other teams "Stupid" for allowing the Bills to do what they're doing ???

https://bleacherreport.com/post/buffalo-bills/6325b7d3-19fb-46ad-8781-17245cef0af2

Enjoy... & yea... let's discuss how everyone is feeling so far about the draft too... we don't have ANY 4th Rd picks, so we won't see any action until about 2pm tomorrow afternoon. 

Edited by Scorp83
Typo
  • Like (+1) 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 7

Unless they trade their 5th & 6th to move to 4th, Butler will be gone and everyone else left is just wr meh....Love our first 2 picks and Singletary will be intriguing. Dawson creek Knox landing was too expensive. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I'm pretty happy with this draft. Grabbing a HB in the 3rd was a bit of a head scratcher when you consider the Yeldin signing, but I love the other picks. I'll just have to have faith on that pick... I just don't see a real plan at HB.

Yeldin is pretty much a nobody at this point in his career. Received practically zero interest in free agency and saw his offensive importance shrink and shrink in Jacksonville.

• Like (+1) 5

My biggest issue with this pick is not the player.  He could turn out to be awesome.  My only concern is giving up 2 4th round picks to get him.  But, it looks like Beane is starting to feel like our roster is getting very close to where he wants it to be and that the chances of these lower round guys making the team is slim.  If that's the case, then this makes giving up the 2 4th rounders a bit easier to swallow.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

My biggest issue with this pick is not the player.  He could turn out to be awesome.  My only concern is giving up 2 4th round picks to get him.  But, it looks like Beane is starting to feel like our roster is getting very close to where he wants it to be and that the chances of these lower round guys making the team is slim.  If that's the case, then this makes giving up the 2 4th rounders a bit easier to swallow.

I think it also has to do with where is there value in the draft. I mean they could of drafted a bunch of WR but how many of them would of actually made the 53.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yeldin is pretty much a nobody at this point in his career. Received practically zero interest in free agency and saw his offensive importance shrink and shrink in Jacksonville.

It's the overall grouping of talent. I don't see what the plan is. Considering that Gore and Shady will likely move on after this season Yeldon and Singletary aren't exactly complementary backs. That's not to say that things can't change.... But.... We don't exactly have a hammer. Yeldon is big but plays soft. It kind of feels like finding two guys to do what Shady does instead of getting a player that can be a reliable 3 down workhorse, or going with the "thunder and lightning" approach.

I don't hate the pick. I just don't see what their plan is moving forward.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Junction said:

It's the overall grouping of talent. I don't see what the plan is. Considering that Gore and Shady will likely move on after this season Yeldon and Singletary aren't exactly complementary backs. That's not to say that things can't change.... But.... We don't exactly have a hammer. Yeldon is big but plays soft. It kind of feels like finding two guys to do what Shady does instead of getting a player that can be a reliable 3 down workhorse, or going with the "thunder and lightning" approach.

We keep forgetting about the rugby player we signed too

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, sven233 said:

When you have 10 picks you use them to trade up and get better picks. That's what those 4th rounders were there for. And I hope the Bills use more of their lower picks to trade up a bit again. Having a bunch of 4th round and below guys on your team is not super helpful. Yes, you might get lucky with one of them, but generally speaking the higher a guy is drafted the better career he'll have. Generally.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I love Beane but the guy is human. I'm with the posters who thinks two 4th to move up to get Knox is a bit expensive. Is it a big deal? Probably not. But that is two less chance to hit for a starting player which is very likely in the 4th.

Go Bills!

Like most here the rb selection confused me.  Just felt like Jace or Winovich would've been the better pick.  Really liked Trayveon Williams and could've got him a round later.  Bottom line is I trust the guys running the show and am still happy with what the team has done overall.

Edited by DallasMac
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I look at the Yeldon signing as insurance. Gore will be 36 come preseason, and I have a hard time believing he will be an upgrade from Ivory. The only thing that surprised me about the Singletary pick was that they didn't draft more of a downhill runner. But, I don't hate the pick AT ALL. I think he will be a fun guy to watch, and if his elusiveness can translate to the NFL, he could develop into something special, imo.

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Unless they trade their 5th & 6th to move to 4th, Butler will be gone and everyone else left is just wr meh....Love our first 2 picks and Singletary will be intriguing. Dawson creek Knox landing was too expensive. 

You really should watch the video linked in the OP. Just spend a few minutes, and you may feel much better.

What do these B/R draftniks think of the Dawson Knox pick?

Two 4th round picks is too expensive?

What kind of car do you drive?

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, sven233 said:

Some good points... if this is the case... then trade your 5th & 6th & one of your 7th's to get back in the 4th & take Butler. Going off your point... I'm good with not having to draft guy's that's probably gonna end up cut of practice squad. 

2 hours ago, MJS said:

When you have 10 picks you use them to trade up and get better picks. That's what those 4th rounders were there for. And I hope the Bills use more of their lower picks to trade up a bit again. Having a bunch of 4th round and below guys on your team is not super helpful. Yes, you might get lucky with one of them, but generally speaking the higher a guy is drafted the better career he'll have. Generally.

If its Hakeem Butler...then heck yea! He isn't your normal 4th Rd pick... its head scratching why he's still available. I'm guessing defense out shine the position this year. Cause Butler is a good talent... that was projected a 1st rd pick

58 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I look at the Yeldon signing as insurance. Gore will be 36 come preseason, and I have a hard time believing he will be an upgrade from Ivory. The only thing that surprised me about the Singletary pick was that they didn't draft more of a downhill runner. But, I don't hate the pick AT ALL. I think he will be a fun guy to watch, and if his elusiveness can translate to the NFL, he could develop into something special, imo.

Or better yet...draft a WR instead of a RB. 

54 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

Knox looks so average. He is probably just another guy, so I dont get it. Otherwise, good job Beane.

This ⬇️

11 minutes ago, Poleshifter said:

You really should watch the video linked in the OP. Just spend a few minutes, and you may feel much better.

What do these B/R draftniks think of the Dawson Knox pick?

Two 4th round picks is too expensive?

What kind of car do you drive?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

We always have next years draft to balance the RB room.

• Like (+1) 2

Forgive my ignorance, who is matt miller exactly? Obviously I see he covers the draft for BR, but BR is full of wannabes and know-nothings pretending to know stuff. Does he have a actual pedigree beyond BR? 

• Like (+1) 1