RD 3, Pick 96: TE Dawson Knox, Ole Miss

6 hours ago, JimmyNoodles said:

He was under utilized which is how you get 1st round talent in a 3rd round pick. This pick is big for Allen, providing another receiving layer. Think Newton- Olson for our Carolina connection. Really like this pick.

We got one player over utilized and one under utilized in third round balancing it.

5 hours ago, twist_to_open said:

I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but, if Tom Brady was so talented why didn't Michigan play him more instead of going with Henson? There are players that show talent and potential that may not have been on full display for four years but observate scouts see attributes that can be used to make their team better.

Because college did not provide cheat sheet but P*ts did?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is not scouting. This is looking at a stat sheet. That is the last thing the NFL cares about.

Yes, I’m sure tons of college skill players with zero touchdowns (who actually played football so save Antonio Gates) go on to super successful nfl careers.  

3 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I mean Clay had 0 TDs last year for the Bills, so he's not any worse than that!

Haha, true. Another stat I heard (didn’t feel like checking) but no DT besides Kyle had a sack last year.  Oliver should have no problem living up to expectations.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, true. Another stat I heard (didn’t feel like checking) but no DT besides Kyle had a sack last year.  Oliver should have no problem living up to expectations.

I'll believe it! 

Edited by Wayne Cubed

21 minutes ago, TOboy said:

No need for TD’s from Knox. Singletary scored 32 a couple of years ago ;) 

Seriously though, I think Dawson has a ton of upside. Could become very productive in the passing game.

We’ll never know what might have been were he coached up and utilized at Iowa??? 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Fixxxer said:

I know Knox had 0 career TDs in College, but I'm here to reassure everyone that he knows the endzone whereabouts, here's the evidence.

My takeaway from that is that he has really sure hands. A bunch of these were passed that we dropped or couldn't make a play of last year.

If Allen needs anything, he could use a release valve you can count on for intermediate passes. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Conversely, if you don’t like the pick, it doesn’t make you a whiner.  It’s a message board not a cult.  You don’t have to give back your Bills fandom if you disagree with something.  And if the national media didn’t like the pick, the “homers” would trash their opinion and say how dumb they are. 

Its beyond silly.

Fair enough ,that being said if you disagree with a pick without watching so much as one full game of said players tape your welcome to your opinion it's just a dumb ass opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

We’ll never know what might have been were he coached up and utilized at Iowa??? 

How about getting the Iowa TE coach or OC here since someone there knows what they are doing?

Kittle, Hockenson, Fant

let's get someone with a history of developing TEs in a room that has potential but needs help?

Croom/Kroft/Knox there is some ability there to coach.

• Like (+1) 2