RD 3, Pick 96: TE Dawson Knox, Ole Miss

30 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

If you would just go away until November, that would be best for everyone... Thanks

You'd miss me too much, twinkletoes.

2 hours ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Why? Do you really give rookies a half season before declaring them bust? If so, wow! After the first 2 rounds (more likely round one) the draft is about development 

There were better picks where they took Knox, and that should be obvious...This kid is a project, at best.

33 minutes ago, #34fan said:

There were better picks where they took Knox, and that should be obvious...This kid is a project, at best.

Yes, I would definitely miss you... Without terrible people, one's appreciation for great people diminishes. At least you serve a purpose, bringing appreciation for quality posters on this board.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Why do you think NE traded out immediately after we jumped them and took Knox?

Admittedly, I get really excited and think all of these draftees will turn out great for the Bills.  Reality is, usually there's a reason a player doesn't get drafted immediately.

BUT, those reasons are not all the same.  As many have said, this kid is a real unknown to many scouts/fans, since Ole Miss didn't need/want to focus him in their offense.  Can't blame Ole Miss, when you have that type of WR talent that they had.

However, I know the former o-coordinator at Ole Miss (now NC) from a past experience, and he had some great things to say about Dawson.  And I also know first hand that this offense (air raid) deployed a relatively simplistic route tree... not only for Dawson, but for DK too.  Sounds like Dawson has a lot of untapped potential and could be a hidden gem.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, #34fan said:

There were better picks according to you.....but your sitting in the stands with us so................

9 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Every GM says this, and then every GM picks for need. They weren't coming out of this draft without a TE.

Then they doubled down and took 2

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Both awesome and terrifying.....PLEASE dont do that again until after we win the Super Bowl!!

• Like (+1) 1

When it comes to investing, I’m not opposed to index funds. When it comes to drafting, I’m not a fan of “mock draft averaging”. I want guys who can pick the better players. Scouts who can discern the physical abilities, the scheme limitations, surrounding talent implications, etc. 

I hope they saw what he CAN be, and acted on that.   

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, #34fan said:

Obvious to who?  The internet scouts that make up big boards for fans?  Or the people actually getting paid by NFL teams to do so?

everyone loved DK Metcalf so much they passed on him multiple times.  My guy, Kelvin Harmon, everyone passed on him 5-6-7-8 times.  I was banging the table for Harmon rd 3.  Could’ve had him rd 4-5-6.  They know.  I don’t.  You don’t. Come gloat when a team hires you

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 4/26/2019 at 11:21 PM, napmaster said:

This kid may end up being really good, but did the Bills really need to trade up to get him?

What was the trade compensation?

I hate when people says "Did they need to trade up" 

They know more then you so obviously something made them trade up so the answer is always YES.

11 hours ago, #34fan said:

Obviously there wasn't. Your draft board might say something else but who gives a ***** who you think is better. I didn't hear you talking about scouting players all year. 

Edited by Boca BIlls
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Watching Knox he catches everything with his HANDS OUT... That is all I need to see till TC.

Yep. I for one have completely given up on the Boroquez and other Bills WR's method of trying to catch with the back of your hands like a sea lion. 

• Haha (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yep. I for one have completely given up on the Boroquez and other Bills WR's method of trying to catch with the back of your hands like a sea lion. 

I am talking about Chest Catchers, guys that wait for the ball to come to them are always garbage. Guys that instinctively put there hands out are already better b.c you cannot really teach that, either the player will do it or they never learn.

Edited by Boca BIlls
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

I am talking about Chest Catchers, guys that wait for the ball to come to them are always garbage. Guys that instinctively put there hands out are already better b.c you cannot really teach that, either the player will do it or they never learn.

T.J. Graham was a terrible chest catcher.

7 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Oh I know, and I was just joking that some Bills don't even catch with their hands. Agree on Knox and that he catches with his hands out, maybe he can teach Zay a few things. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

Obvious to who?  The internet scouts that make up big boards for fans?  Or the people actually getting laid by NFL teams to do so?

everyone loved DK Metcalf so much they passed on him multiple times.  My guy, Kelvin Harmon, everyone passed on him 5-6-7-8 times.  I was banging the table for Harmon rd 3.  Could’ve had him rd 4-5-6.  They know.  I don’t.  You don’t. Come gloat when a team hires you

What now?

2 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

The next Greg Olson

Olson couldn't block to save his life.  Knox can.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 4/27/2019 at 3:35 AM, Warcodered said:

A tackle got taken two picks later by the Broncos who could of easily jumped us if we didn't move up.

The problem is, there will inevitably be a better tackle taken later. You should never trade up for a non-QB. Better LB went after Edmunds, better lineman went after Dawkins, and better WR after Zay. Would Cody have fallen? Who knows. 

We lost a pick, again.