RD 3, Pick 96: TE Dawson Knox, Ole Miss

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So instead of getting one of their stud receivers, we got the TE who was so talented they didn’t throw to him!  Just kidding (sort of).  He has a good name. 

A stud based on what? Let's be honest, how much do truly know of these kids outside what the media has been telling you? How much do you know of them outside of YouTube highlight reels?

13 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think this a great point. But I do think it was BPA for reals. Oliver was clearly BPA on everyone's board and a huge need as well. They had their choice of a number of RT but Ford was the guy they wanted. They tried to trade back into the first for him and passed on other players at the same position. I believe he was BPA. Singeltary is a running back, not really a need, and there were a bunch of players of positions of need in the board at the time. And finally, he traded up for Knox as well, and a whole bunch of tight ends have been drafted since then. I don't think he would have been there in the 4th. He targeted guys and grabbed them. 

So Oliver and Singeltary had to be BPAs, and he went and got Ford and Knox. 

Yep. Plus BPA means different things to different people. Listening to Beane talk, his definition of BPA is not "Best Player Available Regardless of Position and the Buffalo Bills." His definition of BPA is the "Best Player Available in positions of need that we moved up our board higher than better players that we are not going to or likely to pick because of who we have and who is left."

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

For a guy that constantly says we select best player available, today says quite the contrary. 

Every GM says this, and then every GM picks for need. They weren't coming out of this draft without a TE.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think this a great point. But I do think it was BPA for reals. Oliver was clearly BPA on everyone's board and a huge need as well. They had their choice of a number of RT but Ford was the guy they wanted. They tried to trade back into the first for him and passed on other players at the same position. I believe he was BPA. Singeltary is a running back, not really a need, and there were a bunch of players of positions of need in the board at the time. And finally, he traded up for Knox as well, and a whole bunch of tight ends have been drafted since then. I don't think he would have been there in the 4th. He targeted guys and grabbed them. 

So Oliver and Singeltary had to be BPAs, and he went and got Ford and Knox. 

Also, I recognize that Beane cannot fall into the trap of being so tied to a pick that he gets into a bidding war situation that ruins their board.

I get it. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

A stud based on what? Let's be honest, how much do truly know of these kids outside what the media has been telling you? How much do you know of them outside of YouTube highlight reels?

I think AJ Brown will have a nice career as number 2.  I wasn’t a huge DK fan but he landed in a great situation and we will see him making big plays there even if he is inconsistent.  

And these scouts and front office people aren’t Gods.  They make huge mistakes all the time.  I think this will be a guy that will fall in category of whatever TEs of Bills past.  I do hope I’m wrong but you figured out how to a guy with skills more than 0 tds.  Especially after your big receiver gets hurt.  

• Like (+1) 1

What is with the fascination of drafting a WR in the 3rd round over Singletary.

You get a value pick at RB over a WR that may not even have the opportunity to make an impact for a few years, much less at all.  Have you seen our receiving core lately?

Gore and Shady are only 1 year.  TJ Yeldon isn't a franchise guy.  Singletary can be that guy for 8+ years.  I love the pick.   

Yet some couch potato that has read some media guy's mock draft think they know more than scouts and executives getting paid 6 figures.

• Thank you (+1) 2

He runs like a battleship, but without a battleship's agility.  He's a TE, alright.  

He actually looks slow in the Ole Miss highlights I've checked...but no slower than anyone else playing for Mississippi.  

Just now, DC Tom said:

He runs like a battleship, but without a battleship's agility.  He's a TE, alright.  

He actually looks slow in the Ole Miss highlights I've checked...but no slower than anyone else playing for Mississippi.  

Hopefully, not slower than DK who runs a 4.33

14 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Fun fact: I have as many receiving TDs for Ole Miss as Knox

There is a difference between zer0 and an imaginary number.

14 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Beanes draft history has been pretty solid.......Zay is coming along slower then expected but improving every year.....Dawkins was our BEST offensive linemen last year....he isnt in danger of being cut......

Lets not make bs claims....you had a certain group of players you wanted that you didnt get.....it is as simple as that

Coach McD was responsible for Zay.  He hired his WR coach who recommended Zay heavily and then the coach was canned after a year with a golden parachute.

Edited by Limeaid
typo

13 hours ago, 100DollarBills said:

Sign me up coach, I haven't scored any touchdowns either, and I played on teams where players were stealing all the targets. 

Someone needs to call Secret Service.  100 dollar bills are the most counterfeited bills by overseas producers (i.e. Korea) and we have one on the board.

2 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Yeah no kidding. He's supposed to be a mature, level headed guy. He's a professional now, not a college kid, and he needs to act like it. Maybe Lorax or Frank Gore should kick his a$$.

What? It's arguably the biggest night of his life and he recorded a friend jumping through a table.

I'm having issues seeing what the big deal is here.

Edited by junior12thman92

4 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

What? It's arguably the biggest night of his life and he recorded a friend jumping through a table.

I'm having issues seeing what the big deal is here.

I think people think that it’s him (Knox) jumping through the table.