RD 3, Pick 96: TE Dawson Knox, Ole Miss

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Soooo... clearly this is why the guy wasn't one of the top TEs, just trusting the process and assuming McBeane coveted this guy enough to trade up for him and view him as a legitimate long term TE.

Measurables actually look strikingly similar to Hock. And he's a converted QB, so that's an added dimension.

Any listing of his 40 time?

18 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Why does this matter? They had poor production. I want production. 7th round TEs have had better production.

I don't care. I want him to be good. Really pulling for him. I'd have preferred picking someone else.

Did Josh Allen have great production from Wyoming? Were you down on him too because he didnt put up 40 tds? Theres more to the NFL than college stat lines. Sure they give you some kind of indication of what to expect, but we've seen cases where great college stats mean doink in the NFL & vice versa. His measurables & numbers from his pro day are off the charts, some approaching elite level. He was projected by some to be a 1st rd talent, others 2nd rd. He's big, fast, had a good ypc & can block as well. He imo was the 4th best TE prospect in the draft. For that time in the draft, you weren't gonna get any one better at TE. And the Bills valued other positions as a greater need or value than TE for their earlier picks. So I'm just happy we got what we needed. So far another solid draft, GO BILLS!

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

It's funny that you think a WR was going to come right in here year 1 and take John Brown, Cole Beasley or Zay Jones spot from them knowing that WR is one of the biggest learning curves. Come on man your rant is a little stale, I get adding more weapons is key but there is more draft picks to choose from.

and you thing singletary is going to do the same with these RBs??

16 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

And of course he would have been there waiting for us

He was projected as a 2nd round pick by Zack Zeirlein from NFL.com 

Edited by Putin

40 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I like knox but we should have drafted him before the RB and just drafted him in the 4rth.

I agree.............Singletary was my RB1 in this class but if they came up empty with this RB class it wouldn't have bothered me.     He's just a RB.    You gotta' get those later in the draft.

They got 4 intriguing talents but not totally loving the positional valuation relative to available on Day 2.

Feel like they let the board move them on day 2.............and for a G/RT,  RB and TE..........not prime positons.  

Like I said......some intriguing talents with good ceilings........ but non elite value positions...........which looks kinda' needy and always concerns me on draft day.

I just don't know that they have the talent they need at WR1 and Edge Rusher yet to bypass talent there yet.    Maybe just a bit of cart before the horse.

And I thought the point of signing all of those UFA's should have been to avoid needing to chase runs on THOSE positions in particular.

Hopefully they score and find some diamonds on day 3.:thumbsup:

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

0 TD's in his entire career at Ole Miss?

That's an interesting player to trade up for...

Daniel Jeremiah’s analysis said Mississippi didn’t use him enough, especially in the red zone.  Don’t forget they had Metcalf and AJ Brown at WR.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

and you thing singletary is going to do the same with these RBs??

RB is pretty set and dry, you find a hole and run through it, either it's to the left/right or middle and he will most likely be in on packages and as a return guy in year 1 learning from 2 of the best in the game. I'm not ragging on you because we have different views but your reasoning just doesn't make much sense to me.

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Measurables actually look strikingly similar to Hock. And he's a converted QB, so that's an added dimension.

Any listing of his 40 time?

Depending on who did the timing, his pro day results ranged for 4.51 to 4.58, closer to Noah Fant range than Hockenson range.  His blocking is probably closer to Hockenson than Fant.  

8 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

Did Josh Allen have great production from Wyoming? Were you down on him too because he didnt put up 40 tds? Theres more to the NFL than college stat lines. Sure they give you some kind of indication of what to expect, but we've seen cases where great college stats mean doink in the NFL & vice versa. His measurables & numbers from his pro day are off the charts, some approaching elite level. He was projected by some to be a 1st rd talent, others 2nd rd. He's big, fast, had a good ypc & can block as well. He imo was the 4th best TE prospect in the draft. For that time in the draft, you weren't gonna get any one better at TE. And the Bills valued other positions as a greater need or value than TE for their earlier picks. So I'm just happy we got what we needed. So far another solid draft, GO BILLS!

Right the QB who holds the records for Career yards, total TDs and passing TDs for Wyoming is Brett Smith a QB just a couple years removed from when Josh Allen arrived. While I really liked the guy me being from Wyoming and thinking he played with a lot of heart, but the team that drafted him is no one and he was cut in his first offseason as an UDFA. Thought he might catch on in the CFL but no he's not there anymore either. Point is he had major production for a Wyoming QB but he wasn't an NFL talent.

Edited by Warcodered

4 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

Good point. He was a risky pick / high reward in my book that paid off. I wasn't particularly as down on him since the Quarterback position necessitates the highest possible ceiling.

Go Dawson Knox. Hitcha ceiling.

I'm no scout by any means but I watched a couple games of Knox... The kid is good man... Not only is he good, but he's good for today's NFL...

For those who don't want to watch full games or highlights on YouTube, at least watch the NFL scouting combine of this year in the DirecTv archives if they still have it and get a feel for the kid... Even in the combine you can see how he moves compared to the other tight ends... He definitely stood out... Yes Noah Fant looked great and so did Hock, but a few others also looked great and Knox was among them...