RD 3, Pick 96: TE Dawson Knox, Ole Miss

Just now, John from Riverside said:

The bills apparently thought it was

their draft history isnt great.

Zay jones is a jag and now Dawkins is on shaky ground.

Look i love this regime but they have made questionable choices with this roster. Thank God we have Allen or we would be still bottom feeders.

48 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Soooo... clearly this is why the guy wasn't one of the top TEs, just trusting the process and assuming McBeane coveted this guy enough to trade up for him and view him as a legitimate long term TE.

Measurables actually look strikingly similar to Hock. And he's a converted QB, so that's an added dimension.

Any listing of his 40 time?

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Lol, tons of RBs are found latter or undrafted.

We need legit receiving threats not another RB.

What if I told you that the team didn't feel that there would be a receiver available at pick 8 in the 4th round that was a more "legit receiving threat" than our current #4 receiver Zay Jones?  That doesn't seem impossible for me to believe, being as that is the minimum bar to get on the field for this team.

It looks as if Knox was drafted on his physical profile and his potential skill set.  He's not a polished receiver.  He's not a technically perfect blocker all the time, but what he does, he does well.  This is a high school QB who walked on at Ole Miss and had to compete for receptions with two WRs touted in the pre-draft process as likely to be drafted in the top two rounds.  A third Ole Miss Receiver is also likely to get drafted.  That is not an environment where a walk-on is likely to get much of an opportunity.  It looks like he's smart and a very quick study at the position.  He's made huge strides.  

I don't think he will start in 2019 as Kroft has the inside track and Croom did some good things last season too.  Knox is going to work at expanding his route tree and become an even better blocker.  2020 will be his opportunity to shine IMO.

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

their draft history isnt great.

Zay jones is a jag and now Dawkins is on shaky ground.

Look i love this regime but they have made questionable choices with this roster. Thank God we have Allen or we would be still bottom feeders.

Beanes draft history has been pretty solid.......Zay is coming along slower then expected but improving every year.....Dawkins was our BEST offensive linemen last year....he isnt in danger of being cut......

Lets not make bs claims....you had a certain group of players you wanted that you didnt get.....it is as simple as that

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Soooo... clearly this is why the guy wasn't one of the top TEs, just trusting the process and assuming McBeane coveted this guy enough to trade up for him and view him as a legitimate long term TE.

Measurables actually look strikingly similar to Hock. And he's a converted QB, so that's an added dimension.

Any listing of his 40 time?

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

ok.......

Haha what. He put up monster numbers. It's a safer bet than projecting out workout warriors.

Listen I understand why we like him and why we picked him. I understand why Barkevious Mingo was getting drooled over. It's high risk high return. Hope he works out.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Lol, tons of RBs are found latter or undrafted.

We need legit receiving threats not another RB.

It's funny that you think a WR was going to come right in here year 1 and take John Brown, Cole Beasley or Zay Jones spot from them knowing that WR is one of the biggest learning curves. Come on man your rant is a little stale, I get adding more weapons is key but there is more draft picks to choose from.

Beane didn’t “panic”. If you don’t like these last two picks, fine. But don’t project your own anxiety into the process. The RB’s production is outstanding. And, with a third round TE you draft on potential based on your own assessment, not so much production.  Not many college TE’s have gaudy numbers. The looks good for the 3rd round. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

Makes sense....Wait, no it doesn't. He's in the Hall of Fame.

He asked me to name a 7th rounder with better production than Dawson Knox. I picked the best one haha.

He put up monster numbers. You're damned sure I'd be happy if we drafted that production. I'm just playing the odds.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P