RD 3, Pick 96: TE Dawson Knox, Ole Miss

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

You don't think Croom showed promise at all? 

Meh. There were better TEs to take instead of the RB and that would be better for Allen. It's a QB league. I get the age on the RBs, but the TEs taken between us and honestly a shot in the dark with someone with very limited production is underwhelming.

I like the measurables of both, but it sure sounds like Beane panicked with a RB run, made a move and missed on the TEs. Better move would have been TE IMO and then worry about RB (which are a dime a dozen, whereas TEs aren't) JMO

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I agree.  Would like to see Beane move into the 4th to get one, if it makes sense to do so.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Need DE/edge next.

Maxx Crosby?! That would seal things for me. I'd also love to somehow nab Dillon Mitchell late. Great job Bills

20 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

Probably why they did it. NE has a big need for TE.

17 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yep. I just find it cool becuase they always f us. So maybe we f-ed them this time. 

Both the Bills and the Pats* had Knox in for one of their 30 visits.

FWIW

• Like (+1) 6

Good player. Blocks tough. Stats are nice, but receiving numbers are so dependent on qb play. Ta'amu was a pretty inconsistent passer. OJ Howard had mediocre stats, still got drafted 1st round. People slamming him for his production are probably the same ones who wanted DK in the first. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I like knox but we should have drafted him before the RB and just drafted him in the 4rth.

You are literally just playing make believe here.  What possible information do you have that suggests that Knox wouldn't have been selected in the 15 picks if they did not execute the trade-up?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Yeah one of those players was a high first round pick

Why does this matter? They had poor production. I want production. 7th round TEs have had better production.

I don't care. I want him to be good. Really pulling for him. I'd have preferred picking someone else.

8 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

What? But no I'm not going to watch Ole Miss for a TE that catches 3 balls a game. Hard pass.  Ole Miss was awful. I don't watch 5-7 college teams I don't care about. That's painfully bad.

Idc maybe he'll be good. Not a fan of the pick because I want to see production. You're allowed to like it. I gave you my reasons for my opinion. Mostly for a Maybin joke.

So you don’t watch the game but you want to see production. Interesting. You know OLe Miss is a WR feature team right. And they will have three WRs taken in this draft right. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Need DE/edge next.

Anthony Nelson.

2 minutes ago, akm0404 said:

You are literally just playing make believe here.  What possible information do you have that suggests that Knox wouldn't have been selected in the 15 picks if they did not execute the trade-up?

Try reading again

3 minutes ago, akm0404 said:

If anything, New England’s actions signify both Singletary and Knox would be Patriots had we not taken them where we did. 

• Like (+1) 1

All I know is that there are going to be a inordinate amount of Bills fans that are going to say, without ever seeing these two players, that Singletarys ridiculous amount of touchdowns means and proves nothing, and Knox's nary a touchdown means and proves everything and he sucks. 

• Like (+1) 15
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

What? But no I'm not going to watch Ole Miss for a TE that catches 3 balls a game. Hard pass.  Ole Miss was awful. I don't watch 5-7 college teams I don't care about. That's painfully bad.

Idc maybe he'll be good. Not a fan of the pick because I want to see production. You're allowed to like it. I gave you my reasons for my opinion. Mostly for a Maybin joke.

I somewhat agree but some of the best tight ends in the NFL had similar production to Knox in college, ei Jimmy Graham, George Kittle.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I like knox but we should have drafted him before the RB and just drafted him in the 4rth.

The top 3 RBs weren’t going to be there in the 4th. The Chicago news was all along saying the Bears wanted one of these 3 and the speculation here was they would all go in round 3. They were 100% right. All the people thinking that Bryce Love, who is a 5th round value at best, meant all RBs are late round picks isn’t paying attention. I will take a top 4 RB over a 15th ranked WR or 6th ranked TE every day of the week. 

Edited by Locomark

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Anthony Nelson.

Try reading again

Ty - I did misread that.  You're saying that they should have drafted Knox at the top of the third, and then hoped Singletary was still on the board a full round later at the top of the 4th.  I stand by my suggestion that you are wishcasting that Singletary would have been on the board some 40 picks later, but whatever.  I suspect you'd have been unhappy either way.

People saying he would be there in the the fourth, the Patriots had 97 and traded out after we traded up and made the pick. I think that shows they were going to take Knox. So he would not have been there in the fourth. This is a really good pick and I think he has a better career than Sternberger. 

15 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Hopefully BillsVet will be happy now.

Anytime McDermott realizes they need to draft pass catchers for the QB they took makes me happy.  And I'll be convinced he uses them when he lets Allen throw 25-35 times a game, especially with all that they've put into the OL.  

Cause if he continues trying predominantly to run the ball and playing strong defense it ain't gonna end well for McCoach.  

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

People saying he would be there in the the fourth, the Patriots had 97 and traded out after we traded up and made the pick. I think that shows they were going to take Knox. So he would not have been there in the fourth. This is a really good pick and I think he has a better career than Sternberger. 

Have my Patriot Friends pissed. Said they wanted him at 97. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, akm0404 said:

Ty - I did misread that.  You're saying that they should have drafted Knox at the top of the third, and then hoped Singletary was still on the board a full round later at the top of the 4th.  I stand by my suggestion that you are wishcasting that Singletary would have been on the board some 40 picks later, but whatever.  I suspect you'd have been unhappy either way.

could care less about singletary, hes a RB can get them anywhere. If we missed him in the fourth then no big deal, get another one or some other position.