RD 3, Pick 96: TE Dawson Knox, Ole Miss

4 minutes ago, klos63 said:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/dawson-knox?id=32194b4e-4f49-0795-942a-0c363ee9b439

Nice synopsis of Knox. Pretty encouraging. Seems like a strong blocker with some downfield catching ability.

Yep....

By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
Draft Projection
Round 2
NFL Comparison
Kyle Rudolph
Overview
Outstanding combination of measurables and traits, but he's much more moldable clay than game-ready prospect at this point. Knox lacks early speed and short-area quickness which could limit his ability to uncover underneath but he's much more dangerous when allowed to roam the middle of the field as a more linear route-worker. His pass-catching production may never matchup with the testing numbers, but his aggressiveness and talent as a run-blocker could provide him work as a combo tight end for years to come.

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So weak. Keep trying. Maybe go watch football games. Where does the Ball go I. ole Miss when you have Metcalf Brown and another Draft WR that will be taken tomorrow?

What? But no I'm not going to watch Ole Miss for a TE that catches 3 balls a game. Hard pass.  Ole Miss was awful. I don't watch 5-7 college teams I don't care about. That's painfully bad.

Idc maybe he'll be good. Not a fan of the pick because I want to see production. You're allowed to like it. I gave you my reasons for my opinion. Mostly for a Maybin joke.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

1 minute ago, MacGyver said:

They did it twice this draft, throwing away picks to move up when they didn't need to. 

Why do the Bills seem to always hire GM's that throw away draft picks? 

They had an extra 4th and an extra 5th. You’re that upset they used those extra picks to jump teams and get guys they liked? 

They’re still walking out of this draft with a players selected in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd for sure, and still have a 5th, 6th, 7th, 7th.

So if they keep as is, they still walk out with 8 players. 

With all the signings they've made, adding 8 players will probably put them around 70 roster players. They’ll sign some undrafted free agents and some camp bodies to bring it up to 90 for training camp. 

But how can you be upse by the usage of these assets. They literally jumped New England for Knox. That has to make you smile if you like this team. 

And the best part is that the 5th we dealt to move up for Ford was from AJ McCarron. 

And the extra 4th I believe is from the Reggie Ragland deal. Is it really that important of a pick? 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

They did it twice this draft, throwing away picks to move up when they didn't need to. 

Why do the Bills seem to always hire GM's that throw away draft picks? 

The Bills have too many picks to actually sign this year.. We all know this, except you. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I’m going to doubt his ability based on his name alone. Doesn’t sound like a guy who’s jersey you’ll be buying.

It's funny how many times I think the same way.  "Doesn't sound like someone I'd draft on a fantasy team.  He's not gonna make it"

• Haha (+1) 1