RD 3, Pick 74: RB Devin Singletary, Florida Atlantic

SDS

21 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I can't find this recorded anywhere. Where did you get this from?

Mentioned it on the one of the prospect videos I watched. I’ll have to dig up which one it was. His targets went down every year, deducted it was because he only caught 6-10 his senior year. 

4 minutes ago, davspo said:

If you don’t like this pick then you clearly have not watched the film-  looks like A young Shady- elusive, compact, powerful, tackle breaker- 

Shady is only one of those four adjectives (elusive), so I don't get the comparison.

It's entirely possible to watch the film and still not like the pick. That doesn't mean he won't pan out, but it's a little silly to dismiss divergent opinions because you personally liked what you saw.

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

Shady is only one of those four adjectives (elusive), so I don't get the comparison.

It's entirely possible to watch the film and still not like the pick. That doesn't mean he won't pan out, but it's a little silly to dismiss divergent opinions because you personally liked what you saw.

Easy there fella- just giving my 2 cents

• Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Mango said:

Mentioned it on the one of the prospect videos I watched. I’ll have to dig up which one it was. His targets went down every year, deducted it was because he only caught 6-10 his senior year. 

I did just read that Devin Singletary  did have a 40% drop rate. His target share was 8% which is on the medium side of HB. 

With that being said I do like the pick. Catching he should be able to get better at on the Juggs machine

CADC8609-3355-4DCA-B668-B0E2DA690AD0.jpeg

Edited by Protocal69

54 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Brian Westbrook type?

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

Best part about this pick is that hopefully we can get rid of Shady now.

...shady will get 10-15 carries---which is what a speed and moves type RB should get at this stage of his career.Gore will get 10-15 because he has proven that he is still effective at an advanced age.Singletary and the other guy they picked up in FA will get 10 touches as well. ...Unless Singletary really shines

Just now, Tcali said:

...shady will get 10-15 carries---which is what a speed and moves type RB should get at this stage of his career.Gore will get 10-15 because he has proven that he is still effective at an advanced age.Singletary and the other guy they picked up in FA will get 10 touches as well. ...Unless Singletary really shines

Cant wait for us to run the ball 40 times a game! 

Why did we even draft a QB?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

Brian Westbrook type?

I like that comp. They have a very similar running style. What I'd like to see is DS develop the type of receiving skills as a Westbrook. It's just really odd how infrequently Devin was used as an outlet out of the backfield. Let's just hope is was either by design or something that can be improved with experience.

Just now, Chemical said:

Cant wait for us to run the ball 40 times a game! 

Why did we even draft a QB?

the key word is touches the 4th RB will get mostly passes. so 28-30 is reasonable.Allen isnt the best accurate pocket passer type

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/evaluations/nfl-draft-rb-deep-dive?page=1

"Motor is also a skilled receiver — you’ll have to return to 2017 to see it, as FAU’s offense lost all its creative chutzpah this past season when Lane Kiffin was replaced by Charlie Weis’ 24-year-old son and receiving was yanked from Motor’s list of things to do" 

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/26/2019 at 10:09 PM, Teddy KGB said:

I like a lot of this 

thanks.

it would appear that his best attribute is his vision. also that he possesses the natural talent ability to have his body do and go where his vision says. i would also say that he is a one cut and hit the hole runner, more North/South than Shady is. if he can translate that to the NFL level, look out. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

thanks.

it would appear that his best attribute is his vision. also that he possesses the natural talent ability to have his body do and go where his vision says. i would also say that he is a one cut and hit the hole runner, more North/South than Shady is. if he can translate that to the NFL level, look out. 

he does that brilliant cut/shake before he hits the line(without slowing down). sets everything up.

• Like (+1) 1

It sounds like Devin Singletary MAY have an issue in the receiving department.

If true it will be something he needs to work on a lot this summer.

He will have 2 of the better Running Back Receivers to help him improve.

Oh I forgot, a 21 year old rookie football player cannot improve.

I've heard that here. 

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It sounds like Devin Singletary MAY have an issue in the receiving department.

If true it will be something he needs to work on a lot this summer.

He will have 2 of the better Running Back Receivers to help him improve.

Oh I forgot, a 21 year old rookie football player cannot improve.

I've heard that here. 

If i was Devin i might have to become a regular church goer if he is not already ( yes i know he might be busy Sundays) lol
But to be mentored by two potential pro bowlers and one of them is surely a Pro's pro for sure, if not both of them.
 blessed to be learning behind his Learned Elders : )

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

It sounds like he is perfectly capable of being one, they just didn’t use him as such last year at FAU. 

...think there was a similar knock about Houston not using Oliver effectively as well....easily correctable IMO....