RD 3, Pick 74: RB Devin Singletary, Florida Atlantic

SDS

12 minutes ago, c-troop said:

exactly, and yeah, he is.

I don't see him being a 3 down back in the NFL, especially in obvious passing downs. A combo of him and Yeldon is interesting though, just because Yeldon can do what Devin struggles to do, block and pass catch. 

Edited by 100DollarBills

Just now, 100DollarBills said:

I don't see him being a 3 down back in the NFL, especially in obvious passing downs. A combo of him and Ivory is interesting though, just because Ivory can do what Devin struggles to do, block and pass catch. 

ivory is no longer a Bill

1 minute ago, c-troop said:

yeah in the future that could be a viable combo. I hope he proves his worth.

I think he will. I'm not sure Yeldon will be much of value being a great runner for us, but I absolutely love his pass catching and blocking ability, he would complement a runner like Devin. My only fear is we still have nobody who can hit the edge with speed, sometimes that is needed, however with Josh under center, it might not be so much of a concern. 

He has a lot of Rob Riddick in him.  The dude has a sense for the end zone.  It was not a panic pick.  The Bills had him in for a visit.  How can someone complain about adding youth and talent to our geriatric backfield?  We got our TE too with Knox.  Ford-Singletary-Knox- that is adding much talent to our offense!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Why not carry all 4 and let DiMarco go.  His usefulness is over with.

He had only 15% of offensive snaps last year and a lot of those could be taken over by Gore this year.

Daboll will use more 2 TE formations and even less needing a lead blocker which could be Gore.

We all know he is a McDermott guy BUT Gore is a Beane guy.

DiMarco will be that odd man out.

Bills should role with 4 RBs

Good point!

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I like this pick a lot but I am surprised after we just signed Yeldon. We cant carry 4 RBs. Feels like we should have waited to sign Yeldon if they liked any of these mid-round RBs.

We carried 4 rbs last year. It is not uncommon. Plus with injuries who knows how things shake out.

48 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

I understand why fans are questioning the Knox pick but this kid has been one of the best RBs in college football for a long time.

Knox makes perfect sense as he has all the physical tools to be a good TE but all the experts say he was poorly utilized in Ole Miss.  End of the 3rd round is appropriate for him.  I'm more puzzled over the Singletary pick as we could just as easily drafted a RB next year with Gore/Shady/Yeldon leading the team this year.  I'd be much happier with Ridley/Knox than Singletary/Knox.

Built a brand new line and now we got a stud to run behind it. Perfect. Also think Yeldon will be exceptional in this offense. At this point do we even need Shady? We got two young guys that need carries. People mercilessly trolled me for saying this would happen before the draft. Oh well. Water under the bridge.

I didn't like the pick at first, but the logic has grown on me.

I love Shady, but this is the last year on his contract. I think he still has gas in the tank, but he's on the wrong side of 30. He's going to want what is quite possibly the past big contract of his career and I think we would be foolish to sign him to one. He's also been nicked up a bit and doesn't run as well when he is. Gore is on a one year deal.

It makes sense to take a low cost flier on fresh legs, and try to shore up for 2020.

It isn't the sexy pick I wanted, but I see the merit.

34 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Knox makes perfect sense as he has all the physical tools to be a good TE but all the experts say he was poorly utilized in Ole Miss.  End of the 3rd round is appropriate for him.  I'm more puzzled over the Singletary pick as we could just as easily drafted a RB next year with Gore/Shady/Yeldon leading the team this year.  I'd be much happier with Ridley/Knox than Singletary/Knox.

Maybe they believe Singletary has the makings of being a good starting RB in the league. Maybe they believe he will be a better pro than Ridley.  If that's what their evaluation shows which I would assume it does, then you trust the board that you drew up.

36 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

But that’s the thing, those guys aren’t dynamic. Shady is done, too afraid of hits

I liked what I saw in this kid before the draft and this might be a good pick.

However, I am pumping the brakes on the idea that a 5'-7", 3rd round draft pick who is a poor receiver is going to end Lesean McCoy's career in Buffalo.

I mean seriously can we at least step back and be reasonable when we say these things?  Even I thought about it briefly and then slapped myself upside the head.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

The more I watch him the more I like him.  Him vs UCF or Oklahoma shows he has incredible vision and acceleration.  I think he could be a Tarik Cohen type impact player for this offense.