RD 3, Pick 74: RB Devin Singletary, Florida Atlantic

SDS

Just now, Tcali said:

no doubt...its kinda in vogue for people to talk about his O line to diminish the guy.....and there may be a point to that if people are spewing about him being the best ever or top 5(hes not close) because all the yards he piled up.But he was still a tremendous runner/.

Amen- dude had a nice long career and a few Super Bowls too! 

2 minutes ago, Tcali said:

no doubt...its kinda in vogue for people to talk about his O line to diminish the guy.....and there may be a point to that if people are spewing about him being the best ever or top 5(hes not close) because all the yards he piled up.But he was still a tremendous runner/.

Even  if the good lord gives you the best line ever, you still have to use it.  The other top 50 running backs with good lines couldn't touch ES

He'll be as good as his O-line. You can see the difference between his Oklahoma tape and where his O-line is more effective against lesser competition. Only thing that bothers me is the tread on his tires and the fact that he's useless in the passing game. Re tread maybe he will take after  Frank Gore. Re receiving out of the backfield we've got Yeldon. This is going to be situational backfield by committee. I think maybe Daboll makes good use of him. Measurables aren't there but the kid looks like a gamer and a football player.

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Even  if the good lord gives you the best line ever, you still have to use it.  The other top 50 running backs with good lines couldn't touch ES

There was a best RB of all-time thread on here not too long ago, and clearly I'm in the minority, but the all-time leader in both rushing TD's and rushing yards is firmly in the best of all time conversation for me. Real production matters more than thoughts about what Sayers could have done with a longer career. Emmitt was awesome.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

This is the only team Singletary played agains that is even worth talking about and he got pancaked a lot. He doesn't have the fast burst around the edge that you need in the NFL. Players like Freddy are extremely rare, he didn't have the speed either, but he was a surgeon up the middle and in between the lineman. Devin only had great numbers because he was playing against the likes of Bethune freaking Cookman. 

gee i thought he looked great...

2 minutes ago, Nelius said:

There was a best RB of all-time thread on here not too long ago, and clearly I'm in the minority, but the all-time leader in both rushing TD's and rushing yards is firmly in the best of all time conversation for me. Real production matters more than thoughts about what Sayers could have done with a longer career. Emmitt was awesome.

emmit wasnt as good as gayle sayers or OJ or Brown  ....not close 

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

McCoy has little value. 

That's my issue right now.  If this kid is killin it, do we hold the $9M back for kicks?

Again not wanting to be rumor guy, but opening up $9M could be Ziggy money??

Edited by daz28

3 minutes ago, Tcali said:

gee i thought he looked great...

emmit wasnt as good as gayle sayers or OJ or Brown  ....not close 

except...for all of the records and rings and things that matter.

meh, no need to clog this thread. I like Singletary, and the fact that the Pats were thinking RB in the 3rd as well makes it even more interesting to me.

23 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

4 RBs. None play Special Teams. 

McCoy the ONLY one with Value.  

Just watch. 

I think he has more value to us than the 6th rounder we would get in a trade.  Now if all the other guys pan out and a team has an injury that moves that up to a 3rd or fourth then maybe.

If you google Devin Singletary, every single comp is to LeSean McCoy (with some Frank Gore).  

Pretty interesting that he’s going to be in the room with both of them this year, most likely.  

Pick is growing on me.   Don’t love that he doesn’t have “breakaway” speed, but how many backs really do?..  Regardless, his next level twitch more than makes up for it. 

Edited by SCBills