RD 3, Pick 74: RB Devin Singletary, Florida Atlantic

SDS

7 minutes ago, daz28 said:

It's called holes.  He isn't going to power his way in.  Last years line would have killed this kid.  Maybe it says something about McBeanes faith in this line/scheme

Weve not been great at offensive talent, which is a worry- but it’s a productive guy widely slated to go where he went and a position of need 

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Thurman didn't exactly pull away every time either.

You guys are too hung up on this stuff.

The Bills drafted a gamer here.

Let's hope it works out.

I'm not negative on it.  Just stating facts.  At best it's an interesting pick.

• Like (+1) 1

who cares about a running backs 40 speed?  It is about how fast you run and achieve 5 yards.  If you average 5 yards over the course of your career, chances are you will be waring a yellow blazer.

2 minutes ago, akcash said:

We traded back in!

commercial of course

2 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

yeah, he's only gonna rip through the line for 10 or 15 yards....sux.

No that's fine with me, but it doesn't make for good average.  This kid gets caught behind the line if they suck.  It really is mini shady w/o the game breakers

1 hour ago, RunninRebel37 said:

What we doin with all these RB's? Somehow one of these guys doesn't make it on the roster.

The way I see it, one of the elders wont make it through camp without an injury so lete bring them all to Pittsford. Things will sort out there.

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

No that's fine with me, but it doesn't make for good average.  This kid gets caught behind the line if they suck.  It really is mini shady w/o the game breakers

he is a lot stronger than shady...different kinda runner

30 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

I really want to like the guy, but I just don't think he has the speed for his style of running. Check out these highlights against OU. For his style of running, he won't be able to hit the outside runs, NFL LBrs are too fast. Sure he can make some fast cuts, but there is no top gear.

I sure as hell hope he proves me wrong. I highly doubt him being drafted means the end of Shady.

This is the only team Singletary played agains that is even worth talking about and he got pancaked a lot. He doesn't have the fast burst around the edge that you need in the NFL. Players like Freddy are extremely rare, he didn't have the speed either, but he was a surgeon up the middle and in between the lineman. Devin only had great numbers because he was playing against the likes of Bethune freaking Cookman. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

L Bell ain't a burner. The only stock I take in that 40 time if accurate is he won't take it to the house when he really hits his hole. So.. 40 yard gains instead of 70 TD. You still have to have all the other tools to make that break out run to begin with and many don't have it. Makes the 40 time a hill of beans if they can't break runs often

true

1 minute ago, billsfan_34 said:

Emmit ran the ball hard every down- an A+ back he was.

no doubt...its kinda in vogue for people to talk about his O line to diminish the guy.....and there may be a point to that if people are spewing about him being the best ever or top 5(hes not close) because all the yards he piled up.But he was still a tremendous runner/.

3 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

This is the only team Singletary played agains that is even worth talking about and he got pancaked a lot. He doesn't have the fast burst around the edge that you need in the NFL. Players like Freddy are extremely rare, he didn't have the speed either, but he was a surgeon up the middle and in between the lineman. Devin only had great numbers because he was playing against the likes of Bethune freaking Cookman. 

You don’t think that just maybe Oklahoma’s defensive front seven overwhelmed FAU’s offense?  

• Like (+1) 1