RD 3, Pick 74: RB Devin Singletary, Florida Atlantic

SDS

1 minute ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Yeah don't care about combine speed. Some just have football speed. IQ / vision / instictual angles / agility make em harder to catch. Certainly looks as fast as any other productive RB in the highlights

jerry rice ran about a 4.6 40....never ever saw him get caught from behind

2 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

shows an inability to comprehend how a TE is used in the modern game.   

Absolutely agree!   Dabol's experience with the Pats piss poor TE game absolutely gives them no understanding of how the position should be played in the NFL...

8 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

There's a lot to like, but this rather cements my view from earlier - I'm just not seeing the power to succeed in the NFL.  Good footwork, low CG, good balance, great lateral cut and first step.  But he doesn't look like someone who's going to turn nothing into three yards when the OL gets stood up at the line.

Agree. He’ll need to be able to run between the tackles in the NFL as the ability to get outside will be limited. Again nothing against him. I just believe their were better players, value and need with our 3rd pick.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsVet said:

So you are Nostradamus?  

Laaaaazzy. Your argument is that it's a terrible pick because they should have picked a TE. Surely you can name one TE that you would have preferred. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

It's called holes.  He isn't going to power his way in.  Last years line would have killed this kid.  Maybe it says something about McBeanes faith in this line/scheme

Please watch the video highlights  .. it ain't all holes

• Like (+1) 1

It's called holes.  He isn't going to power his way in.  Last years line would have killed this kid.  Maybe it says something about McBeanes faith in this line/scheme

guy is 5 7 203........thats like a 6 ft 240 equivalent--  

• Like (+1) 1

Vision, patience, IQ, all that jazz. It's great to have Chris Johnson but there's a lot more to it.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Logic said:

By the way, this guy's nickname is "Motor". Motor Singletary. Process.

If his middle nickname is Lunchpail he'll be on the Wall of Fame

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm not a fan of picking RB's on day 2 but it's also not the End of Days.

It takes some wishful thinking to believe Shady will be healthy for all 16 games at his age. This kid is going to get the ball this year.