RD 3, Pick 74: RB Devin Singletary, Florida Atlantic

SDS

1 minute ago, jtrip said:

Dont you see what we are doing- Last generation:    Kelly, Bruce Smith- Jim Richer/Kent Hall/Thurman Thomas and the next Andre Reed/Pet Metzelaars? 

This Dynasty:   Allen (last year) Oliver - Ford- Singletary  next WR and TE 

I have seen this also.  Pleased that it is being noticed and acknowledged.

Just now, Nelius said:

I'm not arguing that Kroft is a TE1, I'm arguing that there were no solid TE's left on the board. All projects and role players. Seems you forgot to include any remaining TE prospects that could contribute more than Singletary in your reply.

Which round did Travis Kelce go in?  Or how about Jimmy Graham?  Jason Witten?  I'll help..they were all 3rd round picks in 2013, 2011, and 2003 respectively.  

For you to say there were no solid TE's on the board and that Singletary will be a contributor requires Nostradamus like abilities.  I'll presume you don't.

For the record, pass rushers are always in demand. Or WO's, or in the case of the Buffalo Bills, a TE.  Sternberger was there, but my sense is that Buffalo wants their TE to be as good in-line blocking as receiving.  That eliminates a lot of options and shows an inability to comprehend how a TE is used in the modern game.   

1 minute ago, NJKBillsfan said:

4.66 ???

Was he injured or something when he ran ?

I don't think he's shady who goes 99 yds after he hits the hole.  He gets pulled down after 20-30 yds.  He's not going to have a top gear in the nfl.  

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

He ran a 4.66 on one specific day. You do not know the circumstances around that time. Maybe he is human and didn’t have a great day. 

Very true... but he doesn't look like he has NFL RB speed in his highlights either. Hope I'm wrong!

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, SDS said:

Quotes like this is what makes America… well, America.

“I don’t know anything but here’s my opinion why you are wrong…”

You’re in charge, SDS.....feel free to punish at will! I shall applaud you.

Just now, BillsVet said:

Which round did Travis Kelce go in?  Or how about Jimmy Graham?  Jason Witten?  I'll help..they were all 3rd round picks in 2013, 2011, and 2003 respectively.  

For you to say there were no solid TE's on the board and that Singletary will be a contributor requires Nostradamus like abilities.  I'll presume you don't.

For the record, pass rushers are always in demand. Or WO's, or in the case of the Buffalo Bills, a TE.  Sternberger was there, but my sense is that Buffalo wants their TE to be as good in-line blocking as receiving.  That eliminates a lot of options and shows an inability to comprehend how a TE is used in the modern game.   

Dude, there are no Travis Kelce's left on the board. If there is, please name him. I'm just asking for a name.

6 minutes ago, SDS said:

He ran a 4.66 on one specific day. You do not know the circumstances around that time. Maybe he is human and didn’t have a great day. 

I'll take 30+ TD's in a season for .17 seconds ... something made him get in the end zone and it wasn't .17 seconds

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

Yeah don't care about combine speed. Some just have football speed. IQ / vision / instictual angles / agility make em harder to catch. Certainly looks as fast as any other productive RB in the highlights

3 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

I'll take 30+ TD's in a season for .17 seconds ... something made him get in the end zone and it wasn't .17 seconds

Yes.. vision. You hit a hole faster and time and right you are a lot faster than Trent Richardson running anywhere but the hole. 

L Bell ain't a burner

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

Dude, there are no Travis Kelce's left on the board. If there is, please name him. I'm just asking for a name.

So you are Nostradamus?  

6 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

For those attacking Beane for having 4 RBs on the roster: know who else had 3 and just drafted their 4th? 

The New England Patriots.

• Sony Michel
  • Rex Burkhead
  • James White
  • Damien Harris

You're comparing Bill Belichick's team building record with...Brandon Beane.  Besides, this is a massive conflation. 

4 minutes ago, jtrip said:

Dont you see what we are doing- Last generation:    Kelly, Bruce Smith- Jim Richer/Kent Hall/Thurman Thomas and the next Andre Reed/Pet Metzelaars? 

This Dynasty:   Allen (last year) Oliver - Ford- Singletary  next WR and TE 

Polian built that team before free agency began.  That was 30+ years ago and the NFL's changed significantly since then. One way is it's gotten a lot faster and is predicated on throwing the ball.  Not running the ball and playing strong defense. 

1 minute ago, WideRightRevenge said:

It's called holes.  He isn't going to power his way in.  Last years line would have killed this kid.  Maybe it says something about McBeanes faith in this line/scheme

• Like (+1) 1