RD 3, Pick 74: RB Devin Singletary, Florida Atlantic

SDS

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

This pick to me means that if mccoy gore or yeldon do not look good in the pre season they will be gone, no hesitation

I'd be surprised if Yeldon has an equally as short leash as the other 2.

5 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Some of you guys must work for Bills PR dept,  every pick you love.  This draft will end up getting both Sean and Beane fired,  this RB ran about a 4.7,  ok to be small if you are the fastest guy on the field.  He will never be that in the NFL

This is rather funny. Someone needs to go to bed and reevaluate their life in the morning.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Some of you guys must work for Bills PR dept,  every pick you love.  This draft will end up getting both Sean and Beane fired,  this RB ran about a 4.7,  ok to be small if you are the fastest guy on the field.  He will never be that in the NFL

So did Jerry Rice ;)

I really want to like the guy, but I just don't think he has the speed for his style of running. Check out these highlights against OU. For his style of running, he won't be able to hit the outside runs, NFL LBrs are too fast. Sure he can make some fast cuts, but there is no top gear.

I sure as hell hope he proves me wrong. I highly doubt him being drafted means the end of Shady.

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

It does not look good for Yeldon right now.  All these moves screams Daboll has some sinister offense coming up.  

It doesn't look good for Gore , Yeldon will be on the team this year.

1 minute ago, MRW said:

It wouldn't be a Bills draft without a freakout over a 3rd round pick.

Pretty much.  This pick will be questioned, because of who took who right after.  No avoiding that.  He's gonna have to blow the doors off fans.  

2 minutes ago, dayman said:

Not a 3rd down back look to me at all. Looks like a little bowling bowl with strong base that is quick w/ jump cuts and getting down field. If I'm optimistic him and TJ (who will do our 3rd down bits) are decent combo year after next for us. 

Bowling ball?  I'm not seeing it.

Again, though, I'm going off the posted highlight video that doesn't show many opportunities to show that sort of power, because his line is just annihilating people and the level of competition he's facing is pretty low.  

Which is not to say you're wrong...just that I have no basis to consider your statement right.  If you have other highlights, I'm more than willing to watch them and change my mind.  

31 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

My guy!! I’ve been pounding the table for him as the RB!! 

Don't you think he looks slow on tape though?

I thought a lot of his bouncing around behind the LOS looked good in college, but he won't have that time in the pros.

I thought he looked slow....and his testing backed that up.  Small and slow is not a combination I'm willing to gamble on at the RB position especially in the 3rd round.  The 2 RB's that went right before him, Henderson & Montgomery I thought were much better.

Just now, daz28 said:

Pretty much.  This pick will be questioned, because of who took who right after.  No avoiding that.  He's gonna have to blow the doors off fans.  

I mean, maybe he's a bad pick, but I think people overvalue 3rd round and later picks... substantially.  It's more the intensity of the reaction that leaves me puzzled.

• Like (+1) 1