RD 3, Pick 74: RB Devin Singletary, Florida Atlantic

SDS

3 minutes ago, WMDman said:

I think im in the minority but I like it...

The guys a really good player. I think a lot of people are complaining that he's small and slow, but you can't argue the production. I don't care about his testing, he can ball. My thing is that I thought there were better players on the board, but I'm just some guy on a couch. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Niagara Dude said:

Some of you guys must work for Bills PR dept,  every pick you love.  This draft will end up getting both Sean and Beane fired,  this RB ran about a 4.7,  ok to be small if you are the fastest guy on the field.  He will never be that in the NFL

Fired?! Come on dude, you're clearly pushing the other extreme and can't be taken seriously yourself if that's your reaction to this draft

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Interesting.  He's got great balance, patience, and vision.  And he's a fast little mother.

But he looks small, and in most of those highlights he's getting great blocking.  There's little there to show off any power or strength he may or may not have.  Based solely on those...he looks like a third-down back.  He could be successful in the NFL, behind a line that blows defenses off the line - which makes the Ford pick interesting, as well.

Based on his build, though...doesn't look like an RB that's going to have a very long career.

Not a 3rd down back look to me at all. Looks like a little bowling bowl with strong base that is quick w/ jump cuts and getting down field. If I'm optimistic him and TJ (who will do our 3rd down bits) are decent combo year after next for us. 

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The guys a really good player. I think a lot of people are complaining that he's small and slow, but you can't argue the production. I don't care about his testing, he can ball. My thing is that I thought there were better players on the board, but I'm just some guy on a couch. 

He might be slow downfield, but he's got a lightning-quick lateral cut.  

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Personally, I'm of the opinion RBs can/should contribute from Day 1.

So if you think LeSean McCoy and Frank Gore still have a year left in the tank (which the front office seems to believe), then a rookie RB will pretty much just sit the bench for the first year.  Just seems like a bit of a waste to me.

I'm not upset.  I trust Beane.  Just a little surprised we went RB so early.  He must have been true BPA on their board.

Part of the thinking could be that at some point Gore is going to start acting his age and maybe last season wasn't an aberration regarding McCoy. We need to improve from last season at RB, this is one way to do that.

Just now, sven233 said:

Great vision and lateral quickness.  I think he plays faster than his 4.66 time.  He's a TD machine.

That said, it's a RB.....IN THE 3RD FREAKING ROUND!!!!!!!  Just terrible.

Our running game was awful last season. Maybe it wasn't just the lines fault.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

How is it a weird choice?  Shady and Gore are gone after this year.  This kid compares to Shady.  Let him learn for a year with shady and be ready to be feature next year.  

Fairly obvious choice to me 

Shady ran a 4.4 

1 minute ago, dayman said:

Not a 3rd down back look to me at all. Looks like a little bowling bowl with strong base that is quick w/ jump cuts and getting down field. If I'm optimistic him and TJ (who will do our 3rd down bits) are decent combo year after next for us. 

Kind of reminds me of Doug Martin

3 minutes ago, BoBills20 said:

This being a bad pick and Beane knowing what he's doing are not mutually exclusive. He should not have gone after Yeldon last week if his plan was to go RB round 3. Winovich was sitting right there and edge is arguably a bigger need than RB with Hughes and Lawson in walk years, though we do need playmakers. 

As for the player, I do like him. Just thought it was a reach and that you can get contributors in later rounds with one of our multiple 5ths.

Why is McCoy-yeldon-DS a bad trio? 

Im not tied to singletary but RB was a major need and now it’s a complete group. 

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

This pick to me means that if mccoy gore or yeldon do not look good in the pre season they will be gone, no hesitation

It does not look good for Yeldon right now.  All these moves screams Daboll has some sinister offense coming up.  

4 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

@Joe in Winslow it's a start bud. We desperately needed a rushing attack. This guy better be damned good in both rushing and catching out of the backfield.

Not sure about this one. But if he's got that pass catching skillset these kind of RBs do wonders to our passing attack.

Don't know anything about him. Can he catch?

Don't know. FAU football doesn't make an appearance in my Saturday routine.

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

Great vision and lateral quickness.  I think he plays faster than his 4.66 time.  He's a TD machine.

That said, it's a RB.....IN THE 3RD FREAKING ROUND!!!!!!!  Just terrible.

Yup. Want to like the pick b/c he has some great qualities but he's too early and we have a ton of RBs. Bad pick bottom line. Team management at RB has been a disaster under Bean's first few years, worst position by far. 

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

LOVE THIS PICK!!!

Beane is murdering this draft as if he played TE  for the Pats.  

A+++ so far on these first 3 picks

Jesus man that's a ballsy joke hahaha. Not bad. Anyways what's your Intel? Is he good in the passing game? I really want a pass catching running back here.