RD 3, Pick 74: RB Devin Singletary, Florida Atlantic

SDS

At the combine he was the running back who was the shortest, with smallest arms, smallest wingspan and smallest hands. And he ran a 4.66. And caught 6 total passes last year and has a lot of mileage on him from college.

He did score a boatload of TDs and he is shifty. I'm worried about his ability to transfer to the NFL. I would have gone elsewhere but oh well, Welcome to buffalo!

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

He's gonna learn from two of the best ever in McCoy and Gore.

I can't help but wonder if we got scooped by the Bears, who traded just in front of us and took Montgomery.

Really preferred Montgomery.  He’s Fred Jackson 2.0

3 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I don't think we even met with Butler before the combine. Harmon and Jace we're more likely. But there was a rumor that Bills were very interested I. Singletary. And can't complain with getting a 2k and 32 TD RB. 

Wouldnt be surprised if we trade up for Harmon soon.

I don’t know much about him so I can’t comment.  I still think we need more at wr.

3 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I don't think we even met with Butler before the combine. Harmon and Jace we're more likely. But there was a rumor that Bills were very interested I. Singletary. And can't complain with getting a 2k and 32 TD RB. 

Wouldnt be surprised if we trade up for Harmon soon.

Who did they play that was a quality defense where he was good?

12 minutes ago, billspro said:

Interesting, sell me on the pick please. He’s pretty slow for his size and has had a ton of carries in his college career.

Well I see people saying he’s slow, and some are also saying he scored 32 TDs last season. If there’s a correlation, lol who cares?

1 minute ago, mjt328 said:

Personally, I'm of the opinion RBs can/should contribute from Day 1.

So if you think LeSean McCoy and Frank Gore still have a year left in the tank (which the front office seems to believe), then a rookie RB will pretty much just sit the bench for the first year.  Just seems like a bit of a waste to me.

I'm not upset.  I trust Beane.  Just a little surprised we went RB so early.  He must have been true BPA on their board.

I’m very skeptical of gore and think shady is a roll of the dice but a good risk reward for a team with no cap pressure.

what about this situation leads you to believe they are highly confident in both of them?

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am simply stating that sprinter speed while good is not as important for a back as say a reciever. Rbs usually are good based on quickness not speed.

Chicago Bears should avoid Devin Singletary - beargoggleson.com

beargoggleson.com/2019/04/12/chicago-bears-should-avoid...

BOCA RATON, FL - SEPTEMBER 15: Devin Singletary #5 of the Florida Atlantic Owls celebrates after scoring his fifth touchdown against the Bethune Cookman Wildcats during the first half at FAU ..

Just now, mjt328 said:

Personally, I'm of the opinion RBs can/should contribute from Day 1.

So if you think LeSean McCoy and Frank Gore still have a year left in the tank (which the front office seems to believe), then a rookie RB will pretty much just sit the bench for the first year.  Just seems like a bit of a waste to me.

I'm not upset.  I trust Beane.  Just a little surprised we went RB so early.  He must have been true BPA on their board.

It is kind of out of step with the other moves/picks Beane has been making. The other picks are obviously "play from Game 1" guys. Even understanding that this is the 3rd round and that those guys are now few and far between, it's weird to (1) keep Shady; (2) sign Gore; (3) draft a RB 3rd. So maybe Shady is going bye-bye. Otherwise, a weird choice.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

They listed him at 5'7" and a fraction (don't remember) in the draft. Buffalo also published him at 5'&" and he's listed on google at 5'7"

Where do you see 5'9"???

He certainly looks short in the highlights

Google him. Look at any other source out there. He's not 5'7".

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

A 4th. (KC)

back to Philly for Agholor 

TB for a 4th 

Package for Clowney. 

RB's are like closers in baseball. You can piece it together and there is never a dearth of adequate talent available.

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

It is kind of out of step with the other moves/picks Beane has been making. The other picks are obviously "play from Game 1" guys. Even understanding that this is the 3rd round and that those guys are now few and far between, it's weird to (1) keep Shady; (2) sign Gore; (3) draft a RB 3rd. So maybe Shady is going bye-bye. Otherwise, a weird choice.

How is it a weird choice?  Shady and Gore are gone after this year.  This kid compares to Shady.  Let him learn for a year with shady and be ready to be feature next year.  

Fairly obvious choice to me 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3