RD 3, Pick 74: RB Devin Singletary, Florida Atlantic

SDS

1 minute ago, Logic said:

He's 5'9". the graphic is wrong.

They listed him at 5'7" and a fraction (don't remember) in the draft. Buffalo also published him at 5'&" and he's listed on google at 5'7"

Where do you see 5'9"???

He certainly looks short in the highlights

7 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Butler was there.  Sigh

I don't think we even met with Butler before the combine. Harmon and Jace we're more likely. But there was a rumor that Bills were very interested I. Singletary. And can't complain with getting a 2k and 32 TD RB. 

Wouldnt be surprised if we trade up for Harmon soon.

Just now, Success said:

I can’t figure out why fans don’t see this as much of a need.  Half of our RBs are almost my age.  And I’m old.

Personally, I'm of the opinion RBs can/should contribute from Day 1.

So if you think LeSean McCoy and Frank Gore still have a year left in the tank (which the front office seems to believe), then a rookie RB will pretty much just sit the bench for the first year.  Just seems like a bit of a waste to me.

I'm not upset.  I trust Beane.  Just a little surprised we went RB so early.  He must have been true BPA on their board.

• Like (+1) 2

Confused by this pick.  That being said... 

Our OL is pretty massive with Spain, Morse, Nsekhe, Dawkins, Ford etc..

Good luck trying to find the human joystick 5’7 running back coming at you....

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 7

8 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Don't know much about him. I was hoping we'd wait on EB till rd 4 and nab Bryce Love.

In the highlights I did just look at the kid has some quick moves. He does look small though. People are comparing him to Devonta Freeman which would be nice if that happens 

Would be very nice. Freeman is an amazing back but can’t stay healthy. Let’s hope Singletary can stand up. I like this pick. A year to break in and then feature back in 2020. 

• Like (+1) 1

This might be a killer fantasy pick boys since we added some beef in the trenches. Not in love with the position but certainly depends on if he can revitalize the rushing game cause we absolutely need him as a home run hitter or a new and improved Shady 

Hedging the risk here I suppose. Don't really care much for Ivory on the roster.

10 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

I like a lot of this 

Hes got that Shady ability to run through people without getting touched.  Nightmare to tackle 1 v 1.  Super shifty and elusive, good acceleration but lacks top end speed.  Good balance and can break tackles.  

I think we will carry 4 rbs, probably will have Yeldon play special teams?