Rudolph back on Trade Block.

MAJBobby

8 hours ago, DrinkinBuddy said:

I think this is bang on. If Minnesota can get a 3rd or better maybe they consider moving him. Not for a 5th. So what team is going to give a 3rd for a 30 year-old TE in the final year of his contract? The Pats would appear to be a desperate as any team for TE help but they don't like parting with their picks.

Having 2 TEs with different skill sets is a good problem to have for Minny. The tight end position has one of largest learning curves. Expecting Irv to be ready to be starter out of the gates isn't realistic.

This is sort of like the Shady trade rumours. No one's giving up a premium pick for a 30 year old RB making 9 mil. So the Bills are just better off keeping him.

I think Rudolph stays put and probably re-works his deal.

Thanks for the kind word.

Minn. might consider a 3rd if they're really up against the cap and Rudolph can't or won't help them out enough.   Maybe.

What I think would be the difference for Spielman and Zimmer, is a player they feel would help them win this year.  Let's say we decided we could live without Shaq Lawson and the Vikings decide a DE with his skills is just what they need to improve their run D and take them back to #2 run D in 2017 from the #15 run D in 2018 (I don't know that he would.  This is hypothetical).   Sure, they'd take a cheap 1 year rental on a player that might help them win now, and roll the dice that their other TE and and their new shiny draft pick will fill the gap on O. 

That kind of thing.  But it would have to be a player on a cheap contract (or it doesn't help their cap) and at a position that (in their viewpoint) projects to help them this season.

A WC loss every other year then a conf. loss followed by 8-7 isn't quite what they'd like to see after backing up the Brinks truck for Cousins.  But it's not in their interest to hamper their QB in any way, unless it helps the team more than it hinders the offense.

10 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Can't believe Santa wants to trade Rudolph, but I'll be happy to give my 2020 and 2021 first-round reindeer draft picks.

Rudolph is living off his reputation from that one big Christmas eve. What has he done since? He is a role player at best, time to find a reindeer who can perform every Christmas eve

• Like (+1) 1

Any interest?

"Rudolph is a potential trade candidate out of Minnesota after extension talks between him and the Vikings broke down on Friday morning, sources told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. There is interest in Rudolph's services around the league..."

"Rudolph, soon to be 30 years old, hasn't missed a game since midway through the 2014 season and hasn't seen his production dip too much in recent years. The tight end reeled in 64 catches for 634 yards and four scores in 2018, and Rudolph made a Pro Bowl appearance in 2017."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001030498/article/vikings-could-trade-kyle-rudolph-after-talks-break-off

Edited by hondo in seattle

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

it just seems like the pats will get him

I feel like it should have happened already though. I think money is the holdup on them getting it done. They certainly have the need and the draft picks to burn. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like it should have happened already though. I think money is the holdup on them getting it done. They certainly have the need and the draft picks to burn. 

well if minny was really trying to sign him that would be a holdup.  If he wanted to parlay a big year into a new contract from someone he would want to go to new england. But im sure he wants a new deal now

...do we even know yet what the hell we have in our own damn barn before the "grass MUST be greener elsewhere" crap?.......no way in hell we could have landed some talent in the draft or FA, right?....Meatball and Milano acknowledge that "5th round (or later) picks will probably suck"....SMH.....

The Bills did just give Kroft a significant contract and they just drafted Knox. But behind those two you have Sweeney a 7th rounder more or less destined for the PS unless he has a great camp, Jake Fisher a blocking tight end at best, and Croom a player who didn't make too much of an impact last season. I think Kroft and Knox are locks to make the roster and the team typically has 3 TE's on the roster. So that leaves one roster spot open between Fisher, Croom, and Sweeney. I don't think either one of those 3 are that good so I wouldn't mind brining in Rudolph to start in front of Kroft who can be deployed in 2 TE sets and out of the slot via short and medium yardage situations while having Knox be the third stringer. 

But I wouldn't trade anything more than a 5th for Rudolph. Kyle is a nice Tight end probably top 10 in the league. And I am not too sold on Kroft and Knox seems like he needs a year to polish his game. So overall I am willing to upgrade the TE position but not at too heavy a cost. Considering this front office appears to know what they are doing when it comes to the draft I am more reluctant to trade picks even mid to late rounders for vets. 

But even if Rudolph gives you two years of top 10 TE production for a 5th round pick that's a good deal and one that allows Knox to progress naturally to take over the position.