RD 2, Pick 38: OT Cody Ford, Oklahoma

SDS

7 minutes ago, DrinkinBuddy said:

Conundrum as Spain is better on the left. I think those are our best 5. Perhaps you sacrifice best 5 talent-wise for best 5 because of natural position. There's debate as to whether they see Dawkins as the future LT.

Why?  Ford is 6'3 so he will play inside

1 hour ago, starrymessenger said:

What you say makes sense to me. I'm happy with either one, but would like to know the basis for the Bill's decision. They will never get into it tho.

I’m curious where they fit him in - he’s a talent that could start Day 1. But without considering time between now and then, I’ll be curious to see how he competes with Nsekhe at RT. A lot of people are sleeping on that FA pickup and I feel will be pleasantly surprised.

That to say, I’d like to see what he can do at Guard, but for a team looking to fill its line out, and given the current roster following FA, I just get Risner to be the better talent for us at our pick (wouldn’t have had to trade up either).

Could’ve been much worse (*cough DK cough*), and I always love me some OL picks - let’s get it.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Why was Beane trying to trade for Brown? major weaknesses at skilled positions and nothing they signed in free agency going to fix it

I think he was doing his due diligence . 

First off, Cole is literally one of the best slot WR in the game. Watch some of his tape.

Smokey Brown is a great complement to Allen, lightning quick , great at tracking down the deep ball and was having a great season before Lamar stepped in , who averaged 150 passing ypg .

If Kroft stays healthy and can get close to 2017 form, he's a very capable weapon at TE 

Yeldon is an elite receiving back.

Robert Foster had one of the best final 8 games in the league , as an Undrafted rookie!!

Zay is only going into year 3! Made big improvements last year , had Tyrod , Peterman and rookie Allen throwing to him. No reason he doesn't make a big time jump in year 3.

Ray Ray, McKenzie entering year 2 . Duke Williams with potential.

We have weapons!! And a good OL makes the QBs job that much easier, which makes the weapons that much better! 

I don't understand the negativity , we absolutely upgraded our weapons, no question.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SDS said:

TAKE IT TO ANOTHER TOPIC. THIS ISNT THAT HARD. 

Serious question SDS. I'm not trying to be rude. BUT WHERE. Because I do want to discuss this. Where can we discuss what the pick means in terms of who we didn't get, opportunity cost, draft strategy. 

So I went to the dedicated.

Just now, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Serious question SDS. I'm not trying to be rude. BUT WHERE. Because I do want to discuss this. Where can we discuss what the pick means in terms of who we didn't get, opportunity cost, draft strategy. 

So I went to the dedicated.

Here’s an idea; KNOCK IT OFF!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You sure are one hell of a troll 

You don’t like it then it’s your problem 

Of course I just sent a long response to a previous post just before realizing this guy is a troll or just a miserable, negative guy. ?

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, DrinkinBuddy said:

Looks about right. Maybe this:

My guess, to start

LT: Nsekhe

LG: Spain 

C : Morse 

RG: Dawkins 

RT: Ford 

Swing: Waddle

Backups: Feliciano, Long

And Beaner trades Bodine for a 2020 5th

if Dawkins plays guard its LG and if Nsekhe plays tackle its right tackle.. this is all wrong.

9 hours ago, njbuff said:

Ok, I will play this game...........

LT Dawkins

LG Spain

C Morse

RG Ford

RT Nsekhe

PFF new year with this line up

LT Dawkins 69.4

LG Spain 62.3 

C Morse 69.5

RG Ford 62. (estimate)

RT Nsekhe 67.8

To be honest the upgrades is at guard and an experienced center.

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Great read and wow... makes Beane look like a genius.  The O-Line should take a huge step forward this year.  A very solid draft so far.  Finally, A GM who is not picking over-hyped skill players who are deemed risky picks.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

if Dawkins plays guard its LG and if Nsekhe plays tackle its right tackle.. this is all wrong.

Agree about Dawkins playing only LG if he plays guard, but Nsekhe says he's more comfortable at LT. 

35 minutes ago, Magox said:

I think there is a good chance Nsekhe starts at LT.

There definitely is now.  I didn't think they needed to draft an O-lineman, much less high, because they signed a bunch of them in FA, and good ones at that who can start at each position and upgrade the guys they'll replace.  The question mark was LT because Dawkins had a down year for whatever reason and the pic of him at voluntary workouts was disconcerting.  Now with the addition of Ford, who they'll probably give every opportunity to win RT, I think Nsekhe and Dawkins will compete at LT.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

There definitely is now.  I didn't think they needed to draft an O-lineman, much less high, because they signed a bunch of them in FA, and good ones at that who can start at each position and upgrade the guys they'll replace.  The question mark was LT because Dawkins had a down year for whatever reason and the pic of him at voluntary workouts was disconcerting.  Now with the addition of Ford, who they'll probably give every opportunity to win RT, I think Nsekhe and Dawkins will compete at LT.

...hard to remember when we had this potential level of talent and probable tough level of camp competition on the OL........."Electric Company II" sure would be nice....stay tuned...

• Like (+1) 2