RD 2, Pick 38: OT Cody Ford, Oklahoma

SDS

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

You already forgot about Cole Beasley, Smokey Brown ,TJ Yeldon , Gore ,Kroft and the best return man last year in Andre Roberts??

Oh and still have Foster who has tremendous upside , Zay (I still like Zay and feel he makes a big jump in year 3), McKenzie,Duke Williams,Ray Ray to battle out the last spot. And Shady who is still very elite in pass game.

Our weapons week 1 this year compared to week 1 last year will be night and day!!!

Why was Beane trying to trade for Brown? major weaknesses at skilled positions and nothing they signed in free agency going to fix it

2 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Why was Beane trying to trade for Brown? major weaknesses at skilled positions and nothing they signed in free agency going to fix it

A good offensive line makes playmakers of wide receivers, tight ends and backs.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

You're right. Morse and Ford, the two most prominent additions on the o-line both have pass blocking as their primary strength. I don't think that's by accident.

Looks like the Bills rightly understand that they invested picks and money in a QB and want to give him every chance to succeed by protecting him. Imagine that.

What a concept?

And Dawkins showed he is a solid LT with a little help.

Morse will help JA call out protections and is a tp 5% pass blocker

Ford is a PB stud with a RB attitude, and will get stronger

Dawkins is aok if on a solid OL, but can't carry one on his own

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

A good offensive line makes playmakers of wide receivers, tight ends and backs.

I don't understand how people don't understand this

and Buffalo added Brown, Beasley and Gore. Not superstars, but professionals.

Give JA 0.5 to 1 second more to find the Brown of Foster deep.....

Give McCoy or Gore a hole.

Just now, Niagara Dude said:

Then Beane should have done after Taylor who was one of the best tackles available

1.) Taylor had medical concerns.
2.) Ford is a better pass protecter than Taylor.
3.) Taylor was off the board when the Bills picked.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:

Then Beane should have done after Taylor who was one of the best tackles available

I loved Taylor but I’m gonna trust Beane on this. All I wanted was a good OT at that spot. I trust the process that they got a good one 

1 hour ago, MTLBills said:

My guess, to start

LT: Dawkins 

LG: Spain 

C : Morse 

RG: Long

RT: Ford 

Swing: Nsekhe

Backups: Feliciano, Waddle

Looks about right. Maybe this:

My guess, to start

LT: Nsekhe

RG: Dawkins 

Swing: Waddle

Backups: Feliciano, Long

And Beaner trades Bodine for a 2020 5th

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

No weapon drafted or signed is going to fix it, good quarterbacks make average/above average players into weapons. Allen can make this current group into superstars, or make them look putrid. Doesn’t matter what receivers you get if (a) Allen can’t get the ball to them or (b) he can’t read the field and find open guys. 

Once he proves he can do that consistently you can bang the drum to get him elite weapons 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Logic said:
Ford allowed only 7 total pressures in 2018 and didn't allow a sack until the college football playoffs!"

This right here^^^

To anyone bitching that we aren't getting more "playmakers": The number one way to help your quarterback make plays is to keep him upright. Ford only allowed 7 PRESSURES in 2018?! Not sacks, but PRESSURES?! Are you KIDDING ME?!

Smokey Brown and Robert Foster will take the lid off defenses. McCoy and Gore will punish them if they don't bring a safety down into the box. Foster or Brown will punish them if they do. But what allows all of this to work? Protection. An upright quarterback. The best receivers in the WORLD don't mean squat if your quarterback is on IR.

GO BILLS!!!

Beane has nailed this draft. Ford should have been a first round pick. I’m happy to have him.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, DrinkinBuddy said:

Looks about right. Maybe this:

My guess, to start

LT: Nsekhe

RG: Dawkins 

Swing: Waddle

Backups: Feliciano, Long

And Beaner trades Bodine for a 2020 5th

It's not easy for an O lineman to switch sides. IMHO if Dawkins is moved will be to LG

1 minute ago, noacls said:

It's not easy for an O lineman to switch sides. IMHO if Dawkins is moved will be to LG

Conundrum as Spain is better on the left. I think those are our best 5. Perhaps you sacrifice best 5 talent-wise for best 5 because of natural position. There's debate as to whether they see Dawkins as the future LT.