RD 2, Pick 38: OT Cody Ford, Oklahoma

SDS

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Sure thing champ. I was talking about Beasley, brown and what's his name. But carry on with your expert analysis.

What’s his name?  Time to step away from the keyboard and TV. 

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

24 picks before we go. For those of you who want offense. Here are players we could still take (since only Deebo has been picked in the 2nd, there are a lot). 

DK Metcalf

Hakeem Butler

Kelvin Harmon

AJ Brown

Riley Ridley

Irv Smith Jr

Jace Sternberger

Josh Oliver

If any of these guys are the next pick, I'll be happy.

Stanley Morgan or Boykin could work 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I really hope we go

Nsekhe

Dawkins

Morse

battle: Spain, long, teller, 

Ford

I agree that this may be how it will go. Everyone keeps forgetting about Nsekhe, but if you take a look at the money, it is clear that the Bills signed him to be a starter.

46 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Right some WR who  can block and has a high motor,  Sean is loser and this pick is on him.  They have garbage at wr and still do

Did you hear about this new game that they are playing at The Falls? First you get a barrel...……………..

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'm beginning to recognize that these guys just don't want to draft playmakers. Just linemen and defenders. Look at what Cleveland has done for Baker. That's what I want.

Man you have no idea. My main gripe was pounding the walls losing Woods, Goodwin, Swatkins with horrible replacements. That has always been my biggest criticism with this team. 

But my ultimate draft philosophy for any successful team building is strong trenches. Always think heavy investment can be made to make them better. 

I want a playmaking receiver i've been begging for it. I want to go back to the depth of having glass Goodwin as our 3rd best who has turned our to be great. I don't quite want Metcalf, but did like Hollywood Brown and the Patriots WR pick (forgot his name) and thought they may have merited some trade up if possible. But I primarily wanted a splash top WR FA or trade. An elite guy to immediately come in and get to work. We don't have that yet and we've really squandered the existing talent to Oblivion. That's always been my concern and is obviously still a large concern for me going forward with what we currently have. 

I just don't mind how this particular draft is going per my general philosophy one bit. Just these last 2 picks.. in a vacuum.. I'm perfectly fine with. Outside these last 2 days? Skill players need to be addressed that's the big question mark on this regime.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Sure thing champ. I was talking about Beasley, brown and what's his name. But carry on with your expert analysis.

Seriously Joe. This is not the place for this.

I stated before the draft that if we spent every pick on an O-linemen just to get us that much closer to finding a solid starting 5, I'd have no complaints.

Even with the Free Agents we picked up, drafting young, talented linemen is still extremely important, so I love this pick. Anything to give Allen a better shot at standing upright.

54 minutes ago, Success said:

Our line might be the most improved in NFL history

Just remember saying that later this season if Allen is still looking poor, not hitting targets and taking too many sacks.

Not saying you specifically will be one of these people, but if Allen starts to struggle, it won't be long before 1) the OC gets blamed, 2) the O-line gets blamed, and 3) the skill position players get blamed. But we've invested quite a bit this offseason into O-line, so it really looks like that's one less future excuse.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Please tell me you've heard of our TE before we brought him in. You didn't.

I learned about Kroft when someone mentioned him as a player the Bills should target in FA. I looked him up and a asn’t exactly impressed but willing to give him a chance.  In any case Hockenson went before the Bills pick and Fant went at 20.