RD 2, Pick 38: OT Cody Ford, Oklahoma

SDS

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

As mentioned above, if you think brown, Beasley and an injured TE no one's heard of is the answer, we'll have to agree to disagree.

NO # 1 wr and no # 2,  bunch of mediocre players and overpaid on TE who was 3rd of Bengals depth chart

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

He's actually a good guy and a solid Bills fan.  Joe just isn't looking at the big picture...

He's a major homer generally with the Bills FO decisions too so i'm pretty surprised by the reaction.

It's really hard to understand his bench press reps.(19) He looks like a guy who'd easily throw up 25 plus. One negative number could mean a number of things. Anyone have a positive explanation? At any rate, he's exactly the "type" of mauler the line needs. We've got a number of quality players, but the majority specialize in pass pro. 

1 minute ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

He's a major homer generally with the Bills FO decisions too so i'm pretty surprised by the reaction.

Concur.  I'm a bit surprised, as well.

2 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

NO # 1 wr and no # 2,  bunch of mediocre players and overpaid on TE who was 3rd of Bengals depth chart

Those guys are difficult to get. If Metcalf isn't blowing Beane away I don't want to whiff on a Darius Heyward Bey or Ted Ginn. I did like the guy the friggin Patriots ended up with. Forgot his name.

We certainly need to make a concerted effort at the position. But trenches make everything easier. I hope Beane swings for the fences soon.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I'm beginning to recognize that these guys just don't want to draft playmakers. Just linemen and defenders. Look at what Cleveland has done for Baker. That's what I want.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

Like Cody a lot...

Thought he was a 1st Rd Pick for sure...Also thought he would go to Carolina a few picks before when they took Little...I strongly prefer Ford to Little...?

Wanted Ford or Little, and as we astutely recognized, they went 1-2 in the second round.

I think Buffalo wanted Little, when he was taken Ford must have been 2b by a very slim margin, so OBD went up to get him.

Edited by RocCityRoller

19 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

Like the pick--Ford or Risner was a good pick here---we'll be running around the right side next year.

We are going to run where ever the hell we want. Super excited with the whole off season so far. Beane knows what he wants and is finding ways to get it.

11 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

As mentioned above, if you think brown, Beasley and an injured TE no one's heard of is the answer, we'll have to agree to disagree.

I'll admit that I would like to see another option at tight end, but adding Brown and Beasley to an emerging Robert Foster and an improved Zay Jones puts the receiving unit miles ahead of the last two years.  

Buffalo's off season put them in a position where they could draft the best available.  So far they have just done that.   They can get a viable receiving option in the next round and even use some of their later picks to trade up if needed.    I love the draft so far.

Edited by dgrochester55